Free online Star Trek games?

Exok

Report this Feb. 22 2011, 1:37 pm

I've been asked if I know about any online Star Trek games, but I havn't found any so far.
Where should I look?

janewayjunkie74656

Report this Mar. 02 2011, 5:30 pm

I have this question too.......... I've been looking for some for quite a while. Sorry I couldn't help you, Exok!

Invader_Wishfire

Report this Mar. 10 2011, 1:25 pm

Flash Trek -- http://www.vexxiang.com/flashfiles/flashtrek.html

Flash Trek: Romulan Wars -- http://www.vexxiang.com/flashfiles/ROMWARS.html

Flash Trek: Broken Mirror -- http://www.vexxiang.com/flashfiles/BROKENMIRROR.html

Invader_Wishfire

Report this Mar. 10 2011, 1:53 pm

May take a while to figure out how to play them. The first one, Flash Trek, uses the arrow keys to control direction and impulse speeds of your ship. Use the mouse to click on controls in the lower right portion of the game screen. Sensor targets are overlayed on the game screen: green dots are allies, red dots are enemies, yellow dots are bases, yellow circles are stars, and other circles are planets, if I'm not mistaken.

It's been a while since I've played the other two, but I'm pretty sure they have the same setup.

FleetAdmiral_BamBam

Report this Mar. 10 2011, 6:08 pm

There was a thread around here about Gambit Realm -  http://gambitrealm.com - I've never played it though.

FleetAdmiral_BamBam

Report this Mar. 11 2011, 12:24 pm

Quote: Invader_Wishfire @ Mar. 10 2011, 1:25 pm

>Flash Trek -- http://www.vexxiang.com/flashfiles/flashtrek.html

Has anyone played this?  I can't find any instructions (it maybe in their forums, but I didn't see any.)

Invader_Wishfire

Report this Mar. 11 2011, 1:16 pm

Quote: FleetAdmiral_BamBam @ Mar. 11 2011, 12:24 pm

Quote: Invader_Wishfire @ Mar. 10 2011, 1:25 pm

>Flash Trek -- http://www.vexxiang.com/flashfiles/flashtrek.html

Has anyone played this?  I can't find any instrudctions (it maybe in their forums, but I didn't see any.)

I posted some basic instructions above. It's all arrow keyss and mouse clicking.

photo spok_zps253ab564.gif

FleetAdmiral_BamBam

Report this Mar. 11 2011, 2:21 pm

Quote: Invader_Wishfire @ Mar. 11 2011, 1:16 pm

Quote: FleetAdmiral_BamBam @ Mar. 11 2011, 12:24 pm

Quote: Invader_Wishfire @ Mar. 10 2011, 1:25 pm

>Flash Trek -- http://www.vexxiang.com/flashfiles/flashtrek.html

yea, I know how to move the ship (too bad we have to use the mouse for warp/phasers/torpedos.)  I was just trying to figure out the goal of the game other than just dock and recharge and go fight a ship and go back to DS9...

FleetAdmiral_BamBam

Report this Mar. 11 2011, 3:59 pm

I'm finding out - make sure to hail the ships and planets - they may have something for you to transport somewhere.

FleetAdmiral_BamBam

Report this Mar. 12 2011, 4:59 pm

I've been playing Flash Trek today and here are some notes:

The goal is to clear each of the sectors from "Dominion Government" - the force of the government is signified on the map.  When a system is liberated, you will hear clapping and the next time you come back to the system, there will be a federation base.  (There will still be a few small dominion ships, but nothing major)  Note:  the sectors with the larger numbers also has the much bigger capital ships.

As you start, you're given a runabout which has very few armaments.  The way to get better ships is to earn "prestige" points. Each ship is designed differently, with different shields / hull / torpedo quantity / speed / energy properties.

This game takes hours to play and I haven't found a pause feature.

HINTS:
- I found that the best way to earn points with smaller ships is act as a courier - transporting stuff from planet to planet
- If you earn points and then get killed before getting back to a station, you lose the points you just earned - they'll revert back to the last station stop.
- If you want to stay in the system, but just don't have enough power / shields, just fly off a little and wait for numbers to build back.
- If you forget where your cargo is going, just click on the yellow box to the left of the cargo label.

BUGS:
- Sometimes they want you to transport something to the planet you're already on. Close the channel and hail again.
- Sometimes the cargo you have to beam down won't leave the cargo bay and you keep beaming crew members. (I found that you can get rid of it by hailing federation ships and one might take it from you.)
- Sometimes DS9 won't let you dock until you have more damage / need more torpedoes.
- Sometimes an enemy ship appears that your weapons won't engage - just get out of there.
- Sometimes you can't get to a sector even though the map says there's a route - just go another path.
- You can beam through shields