New Star Trek Series Rumors

crusherfan3

Report this Feb. 19 2011, 7:21 pm

We all know that a new Star Trek movie is in the works (a sequel to the AMAZING 2009 movie!!!!!). But I have recently heard a rumor that the next movie will leave off with a cliff hanger, leaving a third movie to be planned, and also that there may possibly be a brand-new series in the works as well. I am the type of person who doesn't believe in rumors like this unless I see absolute proof that they are true. So I was just wondering... ARE these amazing rumors true??? They sound almost too good to be true. SO ARE THEY????

"I won't forget. I won't forget any of you." --Beverly Crusher, *Remember Me*

___Lucifer___

Report this Feb. 19 2011, 10:21 pm

When it comes to news and rumors I live by one rule; Links or GTFO.

Ghostmojo

Report this Feb. 20 2011, 4:15 am

Yes it's true. They are going to take up one of my options - the one with Valeris leading a band of mercenary bandits, opposed to the UFP/Klingon detente, at the centre of a growing civil war. It is a situation where one has to choose which mast to nail your colours to in:

Star Trek : The Neutral Zone

The1701

Report this Feb. 21 2011, 10:29 am

These rumours are not true - NO ONE, nada, zip, knows what the story to the sequel to "STAR TREK" will be about.

We know that the writers were looking at sequels such as "The Dark Knight" for inspiration and we know that this story may be a stand alone movie that expands on the universe and characters seen in the first movie (2009).

Bryan Fuller recently was quoted in british magazine SFX saying that Paramount and CBS will possibly begin serious talks about bringing Star Trek back to the TV screens but I highly doubt that it will be a live action series or something that will be released between the second JJ Abrams movie and the third instalment. The cast of Trek 09 are signed on for a total of three feature films - one down, two to go. After that I think they'll start producing a TV series featuring a new or a partially new cast set in the new/alternate timeline in time for the 50th Anniversary.

crusherfan3

Report this Feb. 22 2011, 9:30 am

I hope so; I am SO ready for a new Star Trek series! I would really prefer it if it were NOT an animated series, but if it did end up being one, I would probably still watch it just out of desperation for new Star Trek! Lol.

"I won't forget. I won't forget any of you." --Beverly Crusher, *Remember Me*

LieutenantCommanderData62

Report this Feb. 22 2011, 9:52 am

Id love to see a new series! *crosses fingures*

"I do not believe it is justified to sacrifice one life-form for another."-Data

crusherfan3

Report this Feb. 22 2011, 12:07 pm

Me too! I just hope that, if they do make another one, people don't fuss about it like they did ENT. That's what got it canceled before it was ready to be over...

"I won't forget. I won't forget any of you." --Beverly Crusher, *Remember Me*

___Lucifer___

Report this Feb. 22 2011, 6:02 pm

We all know this ain't gonna be the next Trek:

tribblenator999

Report this Feb. 23 2011, 8:48 am

they have to give it more time more time for a break. 6 years isn't enough. lol

crusherfan3

Report this Feb. 23 2011, 8:58 am

I agree 4_o_20, I don't think the new ST movie cast would go for a series. And to be honest, I'm not sure if I'd want a whole new series based on all TOS characters. I mean, the movies are AWESOME, but they should just stay movies. If they make a new series, I would much rather it continue the Trek line even farther... like, after Nemisis. That way, we could have guest stars from series like TNG, DS9, and VOY.

And by the way tribblenator 999, I think 6 years has been way too long! Lol. When ENT was on, I was not a Trekkie yet. The new movie was what first turned me into one. So I've never seen a series all the way through as it was airing. Yes, I've watched (and am still watching) all the series on DVD. But it's just not the same as sticking with a brand-new series from beginning to end, as they air, each week.

"I won't forget. I won't forget any of you." --Beverly Crusher, *Remember Me*

2takesfrakes

Report this Feb. 23 2011, 9:34 am

This franchise has it ALL wrong.
There can't be enough STAR TREK.
There CAN be too much Rick Berman
and Herman Zimmerman working on
EVERY ... SINGLE ... SERIES. No
wonder it got tired and stale.

The problem was NEVER "market fatigue."
It was not mixing it up. Even now,
the powers that be don't get STAR TREK.
It amazes me. And JJ Abrams isn't the
ONLY one who can do STAR TREK successfully.
I'd like to see other fresh eyes on it, too.

crusherfan3

Report this Feb. 23 2011, 10:20 am

To be honest, I don't really care who writes it, or produces it, or whatever. I JUST WANT NEW STAR TREK!!! Lol.

"I won't forget. I won't forget any of you." --Beverly Crusher, *Remember Me*