The Next Star Trek series

BrotherofShran01

Report this Feb. 17 2011, 7:09 pm

Those of us who are Star Trek fans have heard about it, read about it in non canon novels. It's time to live it!

I would like to see how the Early years of the United Federations of planets stood up to one of its greatest challenges to its existance:  War from the Romulans and her allies.

Who are the Heroes and unsung heroes that help the Federation win the war? What technologies were developed that turned the tide of war? What made the Romulans cry uncle and establish the neutral zone and the Treaty of Algeron? Personally, I like to think that it was Me , Thy'lek Shran, and the Andorian Imperial Guard who won the day ...  what do you think.

I always party at Starbase 63!

Starbase

Invader_Wishfire

Report this Feb. 17 2011, 7:24 pm

UFP2009

Report this Feb. 18 2011, 9:38 am

Quote: Invader_Wishfire @ Feb. 17 2011, 7:24 pm

>First off, the Federation was founded after the end of the Romulan War. It was the Coalition of Planets (the Federation's immidiate predecessor) that faught the war.

>As for a series, I think it's not that good an idea. A miniseries, on the other hand, would be much more appropriate. Or, perhaps, as an animated series (so long as it remained canon and had direct tie-ins and references to the other series, such as picking up where ENT's Aenar arc left off and seeing the Battle of Cheron, which was mentioned in TNG's "The Defector").

>All in all, though, I don't think a live-action series would be a good idea, especially one set before TOS, given how so many fans were upset by ENT. Such a series would be seen by these same people as a spin-off of ENT, and would most likely suffer the same fan-base  troubles that ENT had.

Enterprise was a good series and covered some history; however, some things were missing. I keep saying The UFP series would be the best bet and would cover the Romulan problem, the 75 year war with the Klingon Empire, that's mentioned in TOS. The solar system Colonies and other Federation starbases have not been seen; the cities on earth rebuilt have never been seen and the dealing of social issues with aliens on earth have barely been touched. The UFP series would not be based on the USS Enterprise, many federation ships and their personel would play an important part in the series; then at the end of the series, the USS Enterprise could take the lead before the series finale.

I wanna change my User name.

Hawklord

Report this Feb. 18 2011, 5:43 pm

Vger23

Report this Feb. 18 2011, 6:04 pm

Please, God...no.

No "Trek Wars" series. That would be such a repetitive, derivitive bag of crap.

UFP2009

Report this Feb. 19 2011, 6:58 am

Quote: Hawklord @ Feb. 18 2011, 5:43 pm

>That's what 'Space: Above and Beyond' was, wasn't it? Was that popular? I never watched it, but that doesn't mean anything.

>I don't see a long-term series about the Romulan War. A mini-series, or several, would be good.

I started watching that show and it was boring; you can't compare it to ST. As for a Romulan war, the series would not be about that, that would be in it but the series would cover all social issues.

I wanna change my User name.

Matthias Russell

Report this Feb. 19 2011, 7:59 am

I've been a long time believer that a Romulan war animated series has the best chance of suceeding since it has appeal to the ST09 and traditional fan base.  By going CGI/animated, they don't HAVE to have all the actors buy in while still using the CGI models from ENT.  This would not be my favored choice, but I think it would be the right choice for the franchise.

UFP2009

Report this Feb. 19 2011, 10:07 am

I believe that when you remove actors, you remove the human element.

I believe in a placefor animation; a good way to use it is to revive great shows where the original actors are no longer living or are to old to play the characters they use to.

I'm also refering to life like animation, not your typical cartoons.

I wanna change my User name.

Matthias Russell

Report this Feb. 19 2011, 12:30 pm

Titan AE didn't suffer.  Neither did than the 80% of Avatar that was CGI.  Animation only suffers in human element when it is marketed to kids.

BrotherofShran01

Report this Feb. 19 2011, 9:37 pm

If someone as good as Manny Cotto were to take the reins of the series with a great story line of how the war started, major turning points, character development and allied species relations development, and a exciting ending to the war, we can have a good series. I understand that many trekkies love exploration, but this war is a major part of Federation history.

I am considering writing a short piece about how I think the Romulan war got started and how the major species got together to defeat the Romulans.

Jason222

Report this Feb. 20 2011, 7:08 am

While I think interest see smell clips it in Star Terk movie or even series what happen during Romulan war I think as far show goes be just to much in past.

Vger23

Report this Feb. 20 2011, 8:15 am

This thred is a prime example of why Star Trek can't be (and never will be) a democracy run by the fanboys.

BrotherofShran01

Report this Feb. 20 2011, 1:21 pm

Vger23 offer some real debate reason why the Next Star trek series should not be about the Romulan War or offer some event that would justify making a new star trek series.

right now, you comments are just that - comments. offer more to this thread or post else where.  you are not on topic.

I always party at Starbase 63!

Starbase

Dendodge

Report this Feb. 20 2011, 1:25 pm

A CGI Romulan War series would be good.  It could pick up where Enterprise left off, and show us what we all really wanted to see (if the series hadn't been cancelled so early, we would have).

It's a chapter of history we don't really know enough about.  I'd like to find out more.

Camorite

Report this Feb. 20 2011, 3:48 pm

I am sure that someone probably already mentioned this, but we would have had the war had Enterprise not been taken off the air at the end of season 4.

so for anyone that anyone that wanted the war but refused to watch the series, you only have yourselves to blame for that.