Who is the Better Captain Kirk?

Created by: picard_2305

picard_2305

Report this Feb. 13 2011, 8:00 am

Which Captain Kirk do you prefer.

I imagine that most fans are like myself and still prefer the orignal and best, which is William Shatner.

Who am I to argue with the captain of the Enterprise?

picard_2305

Report this Feb. 13 2011, 8:01 am

My fav Kirk will always be William Shatner. He dfined the character for me and through William Shatner's interpretation Kirk aong with Picard became the ultimate character to aspire to.

If only I had Kirk's luck with women.

Who am I to argue with the captain of the Enterprise?

AtoZ2

Report this Feb. 13 2011, 8:06 am

Of course I would also pick The Shat as the best...but Chris Pines portrayal  was very good also. He's only been in one movie and shows great promise to add to Kirk's legend.

"Thank Pitch Forks and Pointed Ears"

picard_2305

Report this Feb. 13 2011, 8:07 am

Chris Pine was good in the role but Shat will always be the real deal

Who am I to argue with the captain of the Enterprise?

Trekwolf164

POSTS: 32043

Report this Feb. 13 2011, 8:09 am

JJ is going to have Pine beef up each film so Shatner can do the 4th film

www.youtube.com/watch?v=TcdZla4gKk0

24thcenstfan

Report this Feb. 13 2011, 8:16 am

I prefer William Shatner's Kirk, but I also really liked Pine's Kirk. I think Pine's portrayal will continue to get better with each film.

Join us @ => KEEP ON TREKKIN'

A Friendly Sci-Fi Community!

IWishIWasMcCoy

Report this Feb. 13 2011, 12:04 pm

Bill Shatner is of course the best Kirk, Chris Pine just didn't look right to me, he doesn't even suit the uniform.

Treknoir

Report this Feb. 13 2011, 4:19 pm

There is no best. Just the one who originated the role and the youger guy who will define the character for a new generation. I like them both and hope nuKirk will become iconic in his own right.

Spocky7

Report this Feb. 13 2011, 6:21 pm

I like Chris Pine's portrayal of Kirk. But the Shat-Man has my vote.

wissa

Report this Feb. 13 2011, 9:00 pm

Shat. Not that I found any fault in Pine's kirk

We welcome st.com refugees! click on the image

DammitJim6200

Report this Feb. 13 2011, 9:19 pm

Shatner of course, If Chris Pine didn't spend half the movie running around like retard, MAYBE he could had been a good Kirk..But naw , he sucks as the whole movie did.

Ghostmojo

Report this Feb. 14 2011, 3:07 pm

Pine was just awful. An absolute pine in the arse. Dreadful. Cliched, stereotyped, predictable and about as far from the character of Kirk as you can get. If you are going to rewrite the modus operandi of J.T.K. - then why not just have a different character? These are the voyages of James Tiberius Dean ... out of place and out of time ... a rebel without a clue.

to boldy go where no man has gone before

Trekkie 12

Report this Feb. 14 2011, 4:40 pm

The original is certainly the most Kirk-like. The new one was not that amazing in comparison.

Pain is a thing of the mind. The mind can be controlled. -Spock

coastcityo

Report this Feb. 14 2011, 5:56 pm

I want anyone who votes for James T Dawson ti please explain why you liked his performance at all, let alone better. In case it's not clear, I voted for Bill.

"Lions and Gigers and Bears..." "Oh my."

holly.hallam

Report this Mar. 05 2011, 7:57 pm

Knew it. Only one to vote Pine. Shatner is mildly irritating nowadays, but he's a good actor. Chris Pine is ALSO a good actor, but he is given better action sequences to work with. However, he is attractive so I prefer him.