Do you agree with how Nemesis ended

Camorite

Report this Feb. 11 2011, 11:43 am

this is about how Riker left the Enterprise, after serving as her first officer for well over a decade, to captain the Titan? I think that it was the general concensis (at least it was mine) that he would be taking over the Enteprise when Picard was promoted to Admiral.

That leads to another point, with the majority of the senior staff moving up, Crusher to SF Medical, Riker and Troi to the Titan, Data being made first officer (before he died), La'Forge posibly taking Data's place as second officer, and worf heading off to Kronos as Federation ambasidor (i believe that he just decided to finish out his current tour of dutyon the Enterprise before taking that job), Picard was the only one that was not moving up in his carreer. Was that right?

IMO, the answer is no, as he should have been made an Admiral, and Riker should have been commanding the Enterprise.

TyrThunor

Report this Feb. 11 2011, 11:52 am

Didn't watch the movies with kirk did you?

Kirk biggest regret shown in all the movies is that they let him be promoted. He told kirk in generations before dieing to never let them promote you.

Keep in mind picard has been a captain for a very long time, if he wanted admirals pips he could of had them before TNG even started 2364, he was a captain since the 2330's.

tribblenator999

Report this Feb. 11 2011, 1:43 pm

to TyrThunor camorite is asking if you think nemesis should end the way it did. Im sure he saw generations. I don't even understand why kirk regretted being an admiral so much. Either Kirk didn't konw that as an admiral you can command a ship too or he just didn't like them powers. Rank=awesome

To camorite: I think that it ended appropriately. Riker can't wait forever. Picard won't let go of the chair. If you remembered generations kirk told picard to keep the chair. It's really boring being an admiral.

"take us out"...

TyrThunor

Report this Feb. 11 2011, 2:15 pm

You can't typically get promoted to admiral and keep your post.

TyrThunor

Report this Feb. 11 2011, 2:15 pm

You can't typically get promoted to admiral and keep your post.

Camorite

Report this Feb. 11 2011, 3:29 pm

Quote: TyrThunor @ Feb. 11 2011, 2:15 pm

he was offered the admiralty in the first season of TNG, but passed on it.

"What i Hate more then anything else is someone that thinks that they know everything. That must mean that I really hate myself", "Freedom is the right of all setient beings!" (Optimus Prime: Transformers), "That's on small step for man, one giant leap for mankind!" Neil Armstrong 8-5-30 to 8-25-12

Vger23

Report this Feb. 11 2011, 3:45 pm

I have no problem with the way Nemesis ended. It avoided story-book cliche or predictability, and Riker getting his own command was appropriate.

I AM KEE-ROCK!!

tribblenator999

Report this Feb. 11 2011, 5:50 pm

Quote: TyrThunor @ Feb. 11 2011, 2:15 pm

>You can't typically get promoted to admiral and keep your post. He became captain in 2333 31 years before tng, and 46 years before nemisis. He had loads of time to become an adimiral.
well of course as an admiral you can't go cruising around all the time but when you feel like it you can take your personal flagship out for a spin. Just like riker did in all good things. Also i remember in a TOs episode called menagerie commodore mendez told Kirk rank had priveleges.

"take us out"...

konarciq

Report this Feb. 12 2011, 3:39 am

Taking out your own flagship to go "cruising" isn´t quite the same, I´d say. Besides, some privileges one can well do without.

tribblenator999

Report this Feb. 12 2011, 12:43 pm

Quote: konarciq @ Feb. 12 2011, 3:39 am

Kirk put it qutie correctly in TWOk when he said galloping across the cosmos is a game for the young to McCoy. Shown in the TOS movies especially Trek V and Trek Vi that Old Kirk in my opinion couldn't cut it as a captain anymore cause his reflexes went down (chang mopping the floor with him) and he sure as hell couldn't fight as well as he use to hand to hand (sybok whooping his ass).

Same for Picard in nemesis. Shinzon which is young picard outflanked and out maneuvered picard in their ship to ship fight. Almost killed picard too if picard didn't find that pointy metal rod right next to him.

"take us out"...

___Lucifer___

Report this Feb. 12 2011, 2:20 pm

Quote: Camorite @ Feb. 11 2011, 3:29 pm

he was offered the admiralty in the first season of TNG, but passed on it.

Actually, I thought it was Commandant of SFA. Maybe this position carries an Admiral rank, I woiuld say thats liekly.

___Lucifer___

Report this Feb. 12 2011, 2:20 pm

Back on topic.... No, Hell No, Frak no.

Pick one.

Camorite

Report this Feb. 12 2011, 5:34 pm

Quote: ___Lucifer___ @ Feb. 12 2011, 2:20 pm

Quote: Camorite @ Feb. 11 2011, 3:29 pm

he was offered the admiralty in the first season of TNG, but passed on it.

Actually it carried the rank of Vice Admiral, which is still a higher rank then Captain.

LieutenantCommanderData62

Report this Feb. 12 2011, 5:47 pm

I thought that Riker would take over the Enterprise, and Picard Admiral. The ending could of allowed the makings for a new series, with Riker on the titan or Picard with a new crew. As for my opinion..the ending was okay for me

"I do not believe it is justified to sacrifice one life-form for another."-Data

Tal Adair

Report this Feb. 12 2011, 9:58 pm

For lack of a better description, it sucked craptastically. I did not like it. I did not agree with doody. I demand a rewrite.

Make Spiner play Data again as punishment.

Admittedly, I am a barbarian. As such, I do not belong here. -- "It was far easier for you as civilized men to behave like barbarians than it was for them as barbarians to behave like civilized men." ~ Spock