Does Shatner Wear a Piece?

Matthias Russell

Report this Feb. 10 2011, 3:10 pm

I've always heard jokes about Shatner wearing a toupee but never knew if it was true or not.

Then I was reading about The Tholian Web on Memory Alpha and saw "In the scenes in which Captain Kirk's head is partially obscured by his spacesuit, William Shatner does not wear his frontal hairpiece."

So what's the deal?  Pictorial evidence would be great.

Trekwolf164

POSTS: 32043

Report this Feb. 10 2011, 3:13 pm

Here is a web site that is all about Bill and his hair

www.youtube.com/watch?v=TcdZla4gKk0

DjmUK

Report this Feb. 10 2011, 3:33 pm

Had no idea he had a toupee

Roboto

Report this Feb. 10 2011, 4:47 pm

I remember reading some time ago that he had a hair piece... but I was not really surprised, though.

Trekwolf164

POSTS: 32043

Report this Feb. 10 2011, 6:54 pm

There is an episode of the TV series Night Court where the Bald Bailif Bull puts on the Shatner 2000 hairpece. The ladys  dug it.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=TcdZla4gKk0

Matthias Russell

Report this Feb. 10 2011, 7:36 pm

Wow, that was thorough. Thanks, Wolf.

Trekwolf164

POSTS: 32043

Report this Feb. 10 2011, 7:40 pm

Quote: Matthias Russell @ Feb. 10 2011, 7:36 pm

Wow, that was thorough. Thanks, Wolf.
Your Welcome

www.youtube.com/watch?v=TcdZla4gKk0

2takesfrakes

Report this Feb. 10 2011, 7:44 pm

William Shatner's the only
actor I know whose hair's
gotten fuller and lusher
as he's aged - from the
series through the movies.
Just incredible, how that
can happen.

rocketscientist

Report this Feb. 11 2011, 8:34 am

No, it's true. I'm a huge Shat fan, but he's worn a toupee. Maybe he's had an operation now, but before that, it was a toupee.

My sister had a friend who worked on Rescue 911. She talked about a take where his toupee got out of place and he was really ticked about it.

I don't begrudge him that. His Kirk (and Denny Crane!) have given me so much enjoyment for years and I'm grateful for that. I consider myself lucky that I still have a good head of hair.

KHAAAAAAANNNNNN!!!!!

konarciq

Report this Feb. 12 2011, 3:35 am

Well, I can´t be the judge of that, but looking at Kirk in the 3rd season (where I am now), I´ve noticed two things.

1) His hair is considerably darker than it was in the previous seasons.

2) His hairline does seem to have come forward somewhat compared to the previous season, but it could just as well be a side effect from it being darker.

Anyway, who cares if the guy wears a hair piece or not?

For that matter: Data´s hairline does seem to retreat a fair bit, too, when comparing TNG season 1 and 7 :-D

Trekwolf164

POSTS: 32043

Report this Feb. 12 2011, 9:45 am

www.youtube.com/watch?v=TcdZla4gKk0

TX_TREKKER

Report this Feb. 12 2011, 3:37 pm

Well no doubt Shatner's hair was thinning back in his early days. It was rumored that he wore a light hair piece in the front where he was thinning. Looking at his since the movies or today I say he probably did get a transplant or some form of hair treatment. I mean the textures are totally different. Bald isn't a bad thing by any means...look at Patrick Stewart who wears it well.

Matthias Russell

Report this Feb. 12 2011, 7:42 pm

If we respect all in the future regardless of lifestyle or appearance, would a man really feel the need for a toupee?

Maybe not, but based upon Wolf's picture, Picard definitely has the better head.

Tal Adair

Report this Feb. 13 2011, 4:04 pm

I don't know why guys obsess about their hair. Us women love to rub you all bald-headed with our affection anyway.

Admittedly, I am a barbarian. As such, I do not belong here. -- "It was far easier for you as civilized men to behave like barbarians than it was for them as barbarians to behave like civilized men." ~ Spock

Matthias Russell

Report this Feb. 14 2011, 5:55 am

I don't know, I wanted to shave my head so I could go to a party as a deltan and my wife wouldn't let me. I suppose rubbing bald heads depends on the woman.