Communicator chirp on cell phone

viperguy

Report this Feb. 08 2011, 11:39 am

I have a Razr V3 and would like the cricket chirp when opening but I do not believe it is possible. I am designing a modification to the hardshell Razr V3 phone with computer board from a toy communicator to replicate the chirp. Will let you know if this is successful.  If anybody has instructions to add the chirp to a Razr cell, please let me know.

Trekwolf164

POSTS: 32043

Report this Feb. 08 2011, 12:02 pm

www.youtube.com/watch?v=TcdZla4gKk0

willowtree

Report this Feb. 08 2011, 12:03 pm

You can't get any sound to play when it opens, the best you can do is get it as a ringtone. I have the chirp set as my text message notification

267198ed

Report this Feb. 08 2011, 1:00 pm

Sadly this isn't helpful, but if you get a smartphone there is a communicator app that makes that sound along with having some classis ST phrases. Plus multiple soundboard apps with lots of diff ST noises, including the chirp

Jolan Tru, may your day be filled with peace.

Dendodge

Report this Feb. 08 2011, 1:40 pm

I have an MP3 of the communicator chirp as my SMS/email tone.
I've never come across a phone that allows a custom sound upon opening, but improvising something with pieces of toys doesn't sound like a very good idea to me.

viperguy

Report this Feb. 09 2011, 3:24 am

I will probably go with one of those modified greeting card recordable modules for the chirp sound. My intention is to use the Razr V3 accessory shell for all the electronics complete with brass grill. I will try to hide the electronics under the grill. The Razr phone itself will not be modified in anyway.

G.W.Ryan

Report this Jun. 08 2011, 6:44 am

In an episode of "Boston Legal" Denny Crane AKA Shatner had a V-Razor, that phone chirped when it opened, he even flipped it like Kirk.

Ghostmojo

Report this Jun. 08 2011, 1:22 pm

I was amazed that when smaller mobile phones started appearing a decade ago that Paramount didn't seize the opportunity to get somebody to develop a working communicator/cell phone for mass-market appeal.

I mean - who wouldn't buy one especially with the flip-up grill and neat sound effects?

megan512

Report this Jun. 08 2011, 8:02 pm

G.W.Ryan

Report this Jun. 09 2011, 4:54 am

Quote: megan512 @ Jun. 08 2011, 8:02 pm

>I have the chirp as my ringtone; I bought the MP3 on Amazon. I don't think there's anyway that you can get it to chirp when you open the phone....

Not Exatly true, on my Samsung flip-phone, something called "Active Flip" can use any sound you want, mine was well.. "Giggitty"

svwshc1

Report this Sep. 26 2011, 3:51 am

I had a Samsung flip-phone with the " Active Flip" But, mine had only two sounds for it and would not let me put any other on it. I wanted to put my chirp on there too but couldn't.