A New TV series!

UFP2009

Report this Feb. 05 2011, 5:50 pm

No body knows what to do next for ST on TV; the only logical thing is to to cover the time between Enterprise and TOS.

The missing history during that time period could make way for shows going beyond TNG series.

There are certain basic princples messed with in ST that have to be corrected; you can not make TOS and then make a movie covering a time before it showing further into the future tech..

When the crew of TOS switched universes, all the tech was the same but the superficials were different.

Roddenberry knew what he was doing and would not approve of the extreme physical change in this Abrams movie; at least not the Roddenberry I'm familiar with.

The physical characteristics of such a series must be in accordance the traditional ST universe; just like was done with the Enterprise series.

I wanna change my User name.

lesvosace

Report this May. 24 2011, 11:31 am

I think a new series would have to be post tng and voyager. this owuld give more freedom on species and techs. The universe is gargantuan. so is the human imagination. Lets hope it comes soon am bored of waiting.

guillermo.mejía

Report this May. 24 2011, 2:29 pm

How do you arrive at that being the only logical choice?

I mean, sure, there's 'some' potential there, but it really means the creatros would be severely limited once again by established canon. not to mention that getting so close to TOS would mean mimicking TOS' design more, and we have to be objective about this: the design of TOS is too far dated to effectively work in this day and age for a recurring tv show, not without flat out big changes. And I don't know many fans that would dare change the TOS look. Even ENT managed to effectively portray the 23rd Century look in A Mirror Darkly, but it was a nostalgia thing, done for just 1 1/2 episodes.

If you really wanted to set a show close to TOS, I think animation is the only way to go. if not, you need to set the new show after Nemesis, maybe around the time of the hobus Supernova.

Not that we'll get a new show anytime soon mind you. You'll have to wait till the new movies are done.

1Quebecois

Report this May. 24 2011, 4:28 pm

I woild love to see a TV series based on the 2009 movie.

As it is an alternate timeline, anything can happen!

guillermo.mejía

Report this May. 24 2011, 5:31 pm

A series based on the new movie...Dunno how that would work. I cannot say Zoe Zaldana or Chris Pine settling for a show rather than big Hollywood movies.

Not to mention that I wouldn't want to see it, not yet at least.

Aarron123

Report this May. 24 2011, 8:50 pm

OtakuJo

Report this May. 24 2011, 9:06 pm

I don't really care what they do, as long as it isn't nauseatingly bad. There are some ideas I'm not in love with : Such as basing it on Klingons (I like but do not love Klingon eps.) and basing it on the Academy (or even Red Squad.) And I don't really want to see a Section 31 series even though I love Section 31 -- because the best thing about them is that we do know so little. I don't think I want to see one in the JJVerse. Don't get me wrong -- I like the JJVerse, as a short term movie thing, but not for a series so much. I think I could be happy with a post-Nemesis series. And in spite of what I have just said, I would give practically anything a shot. As long as it is good.

All I ask of Paramount is that they put some thought into their next TV venture. Don't churn it out too quickly just for the sake of the $$ in their eyes.

Have you ever danced with a Tribble in the pale moonlight?

UFP2009

Report this May. 24 2011, 9:28 pm

Quote: Aarron123 @ May. 24 2011, 8:50 pm

>Unless it involved the Vulcans some how, or people/places from their past, the missions would be exactly the same. I think doing a series based on the movie would be rather limited.

>Yes a series between Enterprise and TOS would be alright, but again, limited due to the fact that it's already getting close to the TOS timeline.

>I would watch any new Trek, but I would personally perfer one based post Nemises. Star Trek is about looking to the future, which might be one of the reasons Enterprise was not taken to very well. Continueing further into the future, I think, is the best way to get the most entertaining episodes and biggest fan base.

Personally, I don't care any more what they do; I tried to convince fans that a series between Enterprise and TOS is the way to go but everybody wants to do their own thing, so IDGAS!

I wanna change my User name.

267198ed

Report this May. 24 2011, 10:05 pm

Your logic is flawed.

Go take an actual basic logic class. Give us your truth chart and Venn diagram showing why this is the next logical ‘thing’.

That is all.

Jolan Tru, may your day be filled with peace.

Phasers on STUN

Report this May. 25 2011, 4:18 pm

Quote: 1Quebecois @ May. 24 2011, 4:28 pm

>I woild love to see a TV series based on the 2009 movie.

>As it is an alternate timeline, anything can happen!

I agree, I don't see Chris Pine or Zoe Zaldana in the show either, but then, it doesn't have to be about the Enterprise. As you've stated an alternate timeline gives writers a blank slate to do anything they want. Old enemies can be new allies, It makes the frontier ripe for new ideas.

I mean, the Klingons got spanked in the Reboot 47 ships destroyed by a Romulan ship... looks like the Romulan-Klingon war of 2292 is starting earlier around 2258.

Just something to consider..

guillermo.mejía

Report this May. 25 2011, 5:10 pm

The Abrahamverse works well as a summer movie deal. It is exciting, flashy, full af action and cool visuals, but it is not tv material, at all. All o the Trek shows have at it's core the same: the adventures the varios crews encounter serve as vehicles for telling deep and meaningful stories that hope to teach something positive to the audience. Like I said, this has been from TOS to ENT, and even all 10 movies before Star Trek. I have still to discern a moral or even a message for this movie, but I do have options:

- the bullied kid can get the hot chick in the end

- arrogant jerks can become great leaders if properly motivated

- be yourself

- everything looks better in white

- no one's destiny is set in stone (more of a Back to the Future thing but ehhh)

So in all honesty, I totally support more movies, since I'll watch trek, ad they help keep Trek alive and prospering, but please leave it in the big screen, at least if it would be focused on this crew, or would use this style of story-telling.

Phasers on STUN

Report this May. 25 2011, 8:05 pm

I agree with that, but I think they can create a new series based on the events that occurred in this movie. This movie was just an introduction to the crew and how their destiny was to serve together on the Enterprise, yes a rather flashy one, but hey, they stirred things up enough that a new series can be made and variations of old stories can be told.

CaptAldeyn

Report this May. 25 2011, 8:29 pm

Well, I think a series could quite easily occur post Enterprise. Perhaps with the first non-human Captain? Perhaps Captain Shran, the first Andorian Captain in Starfleet, reporting to Admiral Archer. It's immaterial if it is in the same time-frame or timeline as STXI.  There is still plenty of space to explore, technology to acquire, civilations to assimulate, . . . er, Sorry that was my Borg side coming out.

Remember ST is always about the personalities and people. It's basically a Soap Opera in Space.  There will always be ways to the old new, and still be true to the ideals and tenants Gene Roddenberry set out for Star Trek.  Keep to what made ST great. A positive outlook for the future, and mankind.  It's not all about the flash and glitz.  But it is about the Quality.

My 2 cents, . . .

Phasers on STUN

Report this May. 25 2011, 8:40 pm

i agree that Star Trek is not about the flash and the glitz, and that can be dropped. i am merely saying that it was an origin story, and it can be used to influence a new series of star trek by allowing old stories to be retold in new ways like the movie did. i.e Kobayashi Maru: same trick, different outcome.

2takesfrakes

Report this May. 26 2011, 1:14 am

The next series should be all about sexy wymin,
being sexy in in space, with their sexy catsuits on.

Users browsing this forum: Drunkin Druid, darmokattanagra