Which series should I watch next..this is the dilemma

LieutenantCommanderData62

Report this Jan. 29 2011, 6:45 pm

As most of you can see, I LOVE TNG its the only series I have ever watched from begining to end...a series I grew up watching. As I am coming to an end of my second run through of my TNG series watching(I watch it every night before bedtime!) I need help deciding in what order I should start watching other series. Enterprise I am watching online as well as Scy-Fy but i need the help of all of you!

So the decision is yours which series should i adventure into next!

I appreciate the Help!

-LCD<3

"I do not believe it is justified to sacrifice one life-form for another."-Data

Trajan

Report this Jan. 29 2011, 8:53 pm

I'd recommend TOS. If you can't get by the dated special effects, try the remastered version.

Spock is the precursor to Data in many ways. I think you would enjoy the character.

tribblenator999

Report this Jan. 29 2011, 9:01 pm

If you're gonna watch trek watch it in time order. ENTERPRISE-TOS-TNG-DS9-VOY

"take us out"...

rocketscientist

Report this Jan. 30 2011, 9:43 am

I recommend watching TOS next. It is the basis of the franchise, especially TNG, not the clumsy Rick Berman and Brannon Braga invention "Enterprise," which is akin to Eps I-III of the SW franchise.

KHAAAAAAANNNNNN!!!!!

Roboto

Report this Jan. 30 2011, 9:52 am

TOS, without a doubt. TOS was the first Trek ever made- definitely the best one to start out with.

'Enterprise' may be the... "first"... in the timeline, but it is the LAST series made and arguably the worst... I say that you should watch the series in the order that they were created.

Camorite

Report this Jan. 30 2011, 10:34 am

"What i Hate more then anything else is someone that thinks that they know everything. That must mean that I really hate myself", "Freedom is the right of all setient beings!" (Optimus Prime: Transformers), "That's on small step for man, one giant leap for mankind!" Neil Armstrong 8-5-30 to 8-25-12

rocketscientist

Report this Jan. 30 2011, 12:31 pm

Quote: Camorite @ Jan. 30 2011, 10:34 am

This is a no brainer, go with DS9, as one of TNG's regulares (Colm Meaney) is a member of the main cast, and later anotehr TNG alumnist (Michael Dorn) also joins the cast. I would also choose that as DS9 started up in the middle of TNG's run, and therefore it fits in better with TNG then Voyager would. After that i would go with Voyager. BTW, those of you that recomended TOS, you do know that it was not one of the shows that the op was asking about, right?

It wasn't? Then how come it was mentioned on the subject line of his thread?

KHAAAAAAANNNNNN!!!!!

Camorite

Report this Jan. 30 2011, 1:26 pm

Quote: rocketscientist @ Jan. 30 2011, 12:31 pm

Quote: Camorite @ Jan. 30 2011, 10:34 am

It wasn't? Then how come it was mentioned on the subject line of his thread?

My apologies, i thought it said TNG.

Roboto

Report this Jan. 30 2011, 2:13 pm

Quote: Camorite @ Jan. 30 2011, 1:26 pm

Quote: rocketscientist @ Jan. 30 2011, 12:31 pm

Quote: Camorite @ Jan. 30 2011, 10:34 am

It wasn't? Then how come it was mentioned on the subject line of his thread?
My apologies, i thought it said TNG.

LOL. Well, her screen name and avatar should have told you otherwise...

No worries though, it happens to the best of us.