Star Trek Jigsaw Puzzles and other merchandise ideas

kyle.charlton

Report this Jan. 27 2011, 9:58 am

I was looking for a place online where I could recommend merchandise ideas to the Star Trek franchise, when looked at the contact page it said that all merchandise ideas should be sent to an email account they supplied or to post it on the message boards, so this post is in the hopes that someone in the franchise will take note and put some of these ideas to use. I have been very saddened with the fact that all of the cool merchandise for the TNG, DS9 and Voyager series are all collectors items now and cost way more than they should and that even when you do buy them, you don't want to use them because they are collector's items. Things that I would like to see are...

Star Trek jigsaw puzzles from all of the series

Star Trek props (toys) from TNG, DS9 and Voyager such as Phasers, Tricorders, Padds... plastic props that look real but that do not cost a lot so that fans could buy them and start making fan films

Star Trek DS9 war uniform (or TNG First contact uniform), I know there are some out there already, but those are Halloween outfits that are very poorly made, I would like to see actual uniforms made like what you see on the series but that do not cost an arm and a leg to purchase because they have been tailored for you or because they have been worn on the show.

Defiant Class starship props, models, toys...

Please post your ideas below, and if you are reading this and have any power in suggesting merchandise to the higher ups in the franchise, please pass the word along.

Captain Ta'Kor USS Leviathan www.ussleviathan.com

Matthias Russell

Report this Jan. 27 2011, 2:33 pm

Haha, I was going to create this thread tonight. There are already some excellent first contact/ds9 uniforms out there but they are $100+. If I find the specific site I liked, I'll give you the link.
I agree on props and would prefer to not have the electronics if it meant paying less. There used to be lots of these in toy stores so they just need to rerelease the playmates material.

I will add:
Action figures with decent faces.

Rerelease the old starship interior posters.

Voyager and ent tech manuals/blueprints.

More model kits in 1/1000 scale.

Star Trek Destiny collection in hard cover.

Remastered TNG

Matthias Russell

Report this Jan. 28 2011, 6:33 am

Quote: /view_profile/ @

Star Trek lego.

I'll second that. I would love to have the Constitution Enterprises in a lego set, like as part of their fancy display collection.

kyle.charlton

Report this Jan. 28 2011, 6:40 am

Amen to that last one! Star Trek Lego would be the coolest thing to hit the shelves, I would love to get my hands on every Star Trek Lego set that they would bring out.
And then when I had Kids, I would by them their own.
BRING STAR TREK LEGO to the stores! (With selections from all of the Star Trek series, not just the new 2009 movie like you have been doing with all of the merchandise lately)

Captain Ta'Kor USS Leviathan www.ussleviathan.com

Matthias Russell

Report this Jan. 28 2011, 6:19 pm

Seriously, they produce retarded pieces of crap like star trek mr potato head and everybody goes gaga. Hopefully twice as many would go for the lego. I wish people wouldn't buy every dumb thing with "star trek" written across it so they would start making more interesting toys and collector's items worth displaying.

That reminds me:

pewter ship statues to add to my collection.

FleetAdmiral_BamBam

Report this Jan. 28 2011, 7:53 pm

I'd like to see more Star Trek Starship Legends ships:

Enterprise B (or Excelsior)
Defiant (from DS9)
Voyager

Matthias Russell

Report this Jan. 30 2011, 9:01 am

Star Trek could start their own alien liquor and spirits line.

Matthias Russell

Report this Jan. 30 2011, 10:11 am

How about a girls of trek calendar with aliens in bikinis? You could have orions, vulcans, andorians, etc. Based upon some of the threads here, it would sell to the lonely fan boys.

kyle.charlton

Report this Feb. 03 2011, 12:00 pm

You know what I would like to see, an Animated Star Trek series taking place right after Nemesis, maybe even following the Novels. I think it would be really cool to see the TNG, DS9 and Voyager novels turned into an animated series. It would cost less and I'm sure they could find a lot of talent to work on it.

Bring us an Animated Star Trek series!

Captain Ta'Kor USS Leviathan www.ussleviathan.com

megan512

Report this Feb. 03 2011, 7:28 pm

Legos! That would really make my day....

Matthias Russell

Report this Feb. 04 2011, 4:28 am

You know if you do a google search, some people have made some awesome scratch build star trek lego ships. Too bad they can't sell them to the company.

I've been pushing for an animated series on these boards but have pushed for an ent follow on since it would appeal to traditional and ST09 fans.

My beverage survey has revealed a clear demand for romulan ale.

Matthias Russell

Report this Feb. 06 2011, 8:01 am

I want a functioning cell phone that outwardly looks like a TOS communicator. If that sells, make a TNG voice activated comm badge cell phone that you plug into your desktop to upload numbers and program; or a walkie-talkie version at least.

Matthias Russell

Report this Feb. 06 2011, 8:07 am

Trek Lego: Make it so!

kyle.charlton

Report this Mar. 09 2011, 6:43 am

More board games!

I know there are supposed to be some two new ones coming out soon, but we could always use more.

janewayjunkie74656

Report this Mar. 15 2011, 12:25 am

This was on another thread, but I want a Lego Star Trek like Lego Star Wars.

Users browsing this forum: JOYOFVGR