Star Trek Uniforms - Where to Buy?

TimeImp

Report this Jan. 27 2011, 5:01 am

Hi everyone,

Just wondering if there is a site or official place that sells Star Trek Uniforms from TOS all the way to ENT. Specifically, I am looking for a DS9/VOY Uniform.

Any help is really appreciated! Please list any places or sites you know of to help other who may have a similar problem!

Aarron123

Report this Jan. 27 2011, 9:53 am

Try ebay, I have seen lots on there

"Fate, it protects fools, small children, and ships called Enterprise" - Will Riker

Trekwolf164

POSTS: 32043

Report this Jan. 27 2011, 10:34 am

Roddenbury.Com sell patterns for uniforms. TNG/Voy uniforms are hard to find I have never seen them for sale except from people who sew them . TOS uniforms can be found in many locations, Costume shops ,on-line and Party stores

www.youtube.com/watch?v=TcdZla4gKk0

Matthias Russell

Report this Jan. 28 2011, 5:26 am

Here's a good place for affordable ones:

But they aren't y'know, show quality.

KAHLESS THE UNFORGETTABLE

Report this Jan. 28 2011, 10:06 am

Star Trek.com used to sell really nice ones. For whatever reason don’t anymore. So, EBay is the best place that I have seen to get a uniform. You can find official items and a lot of pretty good fan made products as well.

If you want a really good uniform, don’t mind spending a little bit of cash, and can find one, the officially licensed “Star Trek” jackets are the ones to get.

If you don’t mind not having a great uniform, Rubies costumes are officially licensed too. However, they are like every other costume. You can get them almost any costume site online. In my opinion, though, they are cheaply made. The only thing you’re paying for are the names [Star Trek & Rubies].

Another option is that you can make one. The benefit to that is you can custom make it to fit you, and you can make it out of whatever material you want. I would suggest a lighter material that breaths if you plan to be in it for a while. If you want to be more authentic, you have the outer jacket/shirt and the undershirt, and it can get warm.

As for the Star Trek jackets, I have a few dress jackets [Captain's and not Captain's] and duty jackets for all three departments. All of those were “made” or licensed by Star Trek / Paramount. I have a few fan made too that are good but, I like the official ones more. Yes it’s only the jackets, but there are really nice.

Hope this helps! QAPLA’

GLORY TO THE KLINGON EMPIRE!

TimeImp

Report this Jan. 29 2011, 7:08 pm

WOW! Thank you Aarron123, Trekwolf164, Matthais Russell and Kahless the Unforgettable for your input! I must say, I am saddened by the news that StarTrek.com no longer sells the 'really nice ones' but the ebay offerings look good. To help with any future purchases, may I ask your opinions of the following item for sale?

Item : http://cgi.ebay.com/LG-Star-Trek-DS9-Voyager-Deluxe-Uniform-Shirt-Burgundy-/380227979463?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item58875a88c7

Again, thanks for the help!

-timeimp

KAHLESS THE UNFORGETTABLE

Report this Jan. 30 2011, 1:25 am

It’s a “Rubies” costume...

You’re getting an “officially licensed” costume, but you’re not getting a high quality costume. The Shirt is 100% Polyester and it has a little “dickie”, not an under shirt.

It’s good for the costume price though...

GLORY TO THE KLINGON EMPIRE!

TimeImp

Report this Jan. 30 2011, 2:15 am

By the looks of it, the jacket ( the maroon and black part ) of the outfit is all I am really after. Undergarments not so. Pants/Trousers needed too.

Kahless: Rubies only has ST:XI, ST:TNG and ST:TOS, no ST: DS9/VOY. But I am still searching.

-timeimp

KAHLESS THE UNFORGETTABLE

Report this Jan. 30 2011, 10:52 am

When you say “rubies only has...” do you mean on the rubies web site, or what specifically were referring to when you said that?

Also I left a message on your profile page.

GLORY TO THE KLINGON EMPIRE!

Camorite

Report this Jan. 30 2011, 11:14 am

go to a costume or novolty shop, they usually have a limited selection of trek uniforms that can be purchased.

"What i Hate more then anything else is someone that thinks that they know everything. That must mean that I really hate myself", "Freedom is the right of all setient beings!" (Optimus Prime: Transformers), "That's on small step for man, one giant leap for mankind!" Neil Armstrong 8-5-30 to 8-25-12

KAHLESS THE UNFORGETTABLE

Report this Jan. 30 2011, 11:33 pm

GLORY TO THE KLINGON EMPIRE!

Matthias Russell

Report this Feb. 01 2011, 5:30 pm

I'm with Kahless, cosplay has the really good uniforms, but you pay for the quality.

Here is all their Trek uniforms:

Faroutman

Report this Jun. 01 2011, 7:42 am

How long does Cosplaysky take to ship? I ordered a uniform a month ago and my order still says processing and live helpm is never live.

Elim Garak: Remember: it's not just Tain we're looking for. The Maryland, the Proxima, the Sarajevo, Starfleet ships that have been lost in the Gamma Quadrant for years; and their crews - brave soldiers, warriors of the Federation unaccounted for... We owe it to them to do everything in our power to find them and bring them home. It's the honorable thing to do. Worf: You use that word, but you have no idea what it means. Elim Garak: Maybe not. But you do.

AuH2O 64

Report this Jul. 07 2011, 4:58 pm

Keep us updated Faroutman.

I was interested in a TWOK-style Admiral's uniform. But I'm curious about the quality and how long it takes to receive an order from them. If delivery takes more than a month, I may have to plan ahead for Halloween this year.

Faroutman

Report this Jul. 08 2011, 6:32 am

Got my money back from Cosplaysky. I got a reply to my original e-mail to them almost 4 weeks later stating that there had been a glitch in the online order system and they would now rush my order to me in 3 days. 3 weeks later I still didn't have anything so I e-mailed them again and they informed me of the glitch again, and told me they could have my uniform to my door in 3 days. I lost faith in them after giving me the same excuse twice when the second time I should of been made a priority by the person who replied to me not just put through the online process again. 8 weeks total wait time between when I put in my order and when they refunded my money, wish I had a uniform but it seems it wasn't meant to be.