Star Trek The Complete Collection Blu Ray Box Set?

Sora

Report this Jan. 25 2011, 6:14 pm

I think that would be awesome. I realize it would be expensive, but it would be a great chance to get everything in blu ray and do some new really awesome special features and that type thing.

I'd love for it to be exclusive to "Classic Star Trek" Meaning 1966-2005, not 2009 and higher.

If they made new double disc editions for each of the ten films for the set, and include every season to every series. It would be the complete franchise on 219 Blu Ray discs.

I'd love to see it start at 999.99 which would be reasonable for 30 seasons and 10 films.

I also would like episode commentaries and deleted scenes, for more than just Enterprise.

I'd like new cast and crew interviews for the new set instead of just re using the old ones.

I hope we'll get it someday.

iBorg13

POSTS: 1944

Report this Jan. 25 2011, 10:36 pm

Ho ho! What you describe sounds great, Sora! I'd love more commentary (other than ENT) and new crew interviews sounds mighty fine too!!!
However, all I can think about is how much 'twill cost. Argh! Money, thou(sp) art a heartless b*tch!

Sora

Report this Jan. 26 2011, 6:24 pm

lol yeah it would cost alot, but I couldn't see it more than $1,000 or $1,500. MAYBE $2,000.

But hey for that many seasons and films, you can't expect it to be cheap, especially if they throw in tons of new features and things like that.

Live Long and Prosper

iBorg13

POSTS: 1944

Report this Jan. 26 2011, 7:18 pm

Yea... it'd just take me a while to get the money - hha...

FleetAdmiral_BamBam

Report this Jan. 28 2011, 7:09 am

The one thing I really don't like about large sets like this is that it's so large, it takes you a very long time to get through all of the discs - and what happens if one of the discs is bad? Oooops - the 30 day warranty ran out.

Trekwolf164

POSTS: 32043

Report this Jan. 28 2011, 7:52 am

www.youtube.com/watch?v=TcdZla4gKk0

Lieutenant_Jedi

Report this Jan. 28 2011, 9:31 am

That is an interesting idea. However it would likely be split up into sections to make the ticket price more available to the general public.

"Can you detect midi - chlorians with a tricorder?"

Sora

Report this Jan. 31 2011, 11:04 pm

Quote: FleetAdmiral_BamBam @ Jan. 28 2011, 7:09 am

Personally that only happened to me once when I first bought Season 7 of TNG back in 2002, I remember Disc 7 was so scratched up it wouldn't even play. But the thing about it was, I didn't wait until I got to disc 7. I went ahead and checked all of the discs, just look at them. 99% of the time they're fine. Just pull them out and check for any scratches. If you find any, go ahead and put that disc in and see if it plays, and if it doesn't go and exchange your set, and if it does work than you're fine.

And as far as it taking a long time to get through, wouldn't that be the point? Maybe it's just me, I just enjoy it I guess. It takes me roughly about one full year to get through the entire franchise from start to finish. But I don't watch just one episode here or there. I usually watch a good bit of episodes at one time. But you have to remember it's 30 seasons of television and 10 films. Obviously you won't get through it over night.

Live Long and Prosper

Sora

Report this Jan. 31 2011, 11:05 pm

Quote: Lieutenant_Jedi @ Jan. 28 2011, 9:31 am

That's not a bad idea either. Maybe have one massive set available, and then also have smaller sub-sets available?

Live Long and Prosper

Caesar753

Report this Feb. 01 2011, 6:11 pm

I like the idea of breaking up the collection.  For example, I already own all the TNG movies and most of the original movies on Blu-Ray, and wouldn't want to buy them again.  That said, I would love to have all the series on Blu-Ray.

Sora

Report this Feb. 02 2011, 2:29 pm

Quote: Caesar753 @ Feb. 01 2011, 6:11 pm

Agreed, I hope we one day have a full Star Trek collection on Blu Ray

Live Long and Prosper

megan512

Report this Feb. 02 2011, 9:10 pm

That would be great! I would definitely buy that if I could find a way to get the money, haha.

Zaltar

Report this Feb. 07 2011, 10:09 am

Any word on if there will be a remastering of TNG like they did for TOS?

"Truly, these times of ignorance GOD overlooked, but now commands all men everywhere to repent, because HE has appointed a day on which HE will judge the world in righteousness by the MAN (LORD JESUS CHRIST) whom HE has ordained. HE has given assurance of this to all by raising HIM from the dead." [Acts 17:30-31] http://www.intouch.org/god

Sora

Report this Mar. 06 2011, 11:03 pm

On wikipedia it talks about the possibility to remaster TNG. I think they will eventually. I think all of it will eventually come out to Blu ray. Enterprise is the series that would be easiest to put on Blu Ray, but CBS or Paramount or whoever owns Star Trek these days, probably won't go for that because of how hated Enterprise is. They'd probably be afraid they wouldn't make near enough money to make it worth their while.