What's the best finale?

zhogle

Report this Jan. 24 2011, 6:57 pm

I wrote a blog discussing the success Star Trek has had finishing their franchises, which can be found here: http://zachogle.com/2011/01/21/the-undiscovered-nemesis-how-to-finish-a-franchise/

Which finale do you think was the best? One of the movies, or one of the TV series?

msalay47

Report this Jan. 24 2011, 9:57 pm

All Good Things, or All that You Leave Behind, were the two best series enders. Endgame would come in third. I think Kirk has a good exit at the end of Generations (If you count that as the final for TOS).

zhogle

Report this Jan. 25 2011, 7:47 am

I agree that All Good Things was a fantastic series finale. Generations I saw more as a passing of the torchfrom Kirk to Picard than as a finale for the TOS crew. I feel their finale was Undiscovered Country, as noted in the blog linked above.

boco

Report this Jan. 26 2011, 5:14 am

DS9 without a doubt!

STLogs is THE BEST trek board: http://z15.invisionfree.com/sb63s_Star_Trek_Logs/index.php?showtopic=2704&st=90&#entry5621677

Vger23

Report this Jan. 26 2011, 7:10 am

"...All Good Things" was the perfect series finale.

I AM KEE-ROCK!!

rocketscientist

Report this Jan. 26 2011, 7:55 am

Quote: zhogle @ Jan. 25 2011, 7:47 am

Well, if you're going to consider TUC as the finale for TOS, then NEM must be the finale for TNG.

If that's the case, TOS definitely had a better finale than TNG did! DS9's was really good too. The war wrap-up was great, but, I have to admit, I felt a little let down by the wrap up of the Sisko and prophets storyline. I was just expecting something more clever and I just didn't get it.

VOY's Endgame was pretty bad imo. That was another of those scripts that just wasn't well thought out at all.

So I'll go with TOS for finale.

KHAAAAAAANNNNNN!!!!!

Caesar753

Report this Jan. 26 2011, 7:21 pm

"All Good Things..." is my favorite.

iBorg13

POSTS: 1944

Report this Jan. 26 2011, 7:57 pm

The best is TNG's "All Good Things..." then "The Undiscovered Country" from TOS (if we include that movie as the finale) and DS9's "What You Leave Behind" is great... those 3 are pretty close, the others were okay.

Sora

Report this Jan. 26 2011, 8:30 pm

Yeah I'm going to be that person and say Enterprise. I realize I'm the only person who would say that, but I enjoyed These Are The Voyages, what can I say?

Live Long and Prosper

iBorg13

POSTS: 1944

Report this Jan. 26 2011, 9:14 pm

In my opinion, having TOS in GEN was not a mistake. The movie is my 2nd least fav Star Trek movie but I managed to enjoy it.... I consider TUC to be a better ending to TOS and I do wish they had stopped there. Kirk's death was gay. Sorry whoever thought it'd be cool to kill Kirk... but I didn't like it.

Trau

Report this Jan. 27 2011, 1:22 pm

I have to agree with Boco,'What You Leave Behind' was a good clean goodbye, it was about the only one outside of 'The Undiscovered Country'.

I also have to coroborate the oppinions of iBorg13,'The Undiscovered Country' was a cleaner ending than 'Generations' was, Kirk deserved a mighter, more warrior worthy ending than he got.

"Savour the fruit of life my young friends, it has a sweet taste when it is fresh from the vine, but don't live too long - the taste becomes bitter after a time " DaHar master Kor 'Star Trek Deep Space Nine : Once More Onto The Breach'

Users browsing this forum: Commander_Zelkar