Star Trek: The Exhibition

TravisMcClain

Report this Jan. 20 2011, 9:08 pm

"There's always one more way to do things and that's your way, and you have a right to try it at least once." -- Waylon Jennings

Trekwolf164

POSTS: 32043

Report this Jan. 22 2011, 6:45 am

Quote: TravisMcClain @ Jan. 20 2011, 9:08 pm

>I'm quite excited that this opening in Louisville this weekend!  Currently my wife and I are planning to go next Thursday.  I'm curious, for those who have had this traveling exhibit come to their neck of the woods how interactive should we expect it to be?  I know they've got Captain Kirk's chair available for photos, but it's unclear from the promotional materials how much is just sightseeing and how much is hands-on.  Also, can anyone speak to whether or not there has been any interesting merchandise being sold?  For instance, I know there are often books sold that chronicle the highlights of these kinds of exhibits with photos and information, etc.  It'd be nice to know ahead of time how tempted I might be to fork over more money once we get there!

>In any event, I'll try to remember to post my thoughts after I make my way to the exhibition.

It is a Star Trek event you may attend in uniform if you wish. please bring an image recording device and post images in the gallery here.

There will be items for purchase

www.youtube.com/watch?v=TcdZla4gKk0

TravisMcClain

Report this Jan. 22 2011, 7:12 am

Quote: Trekwolf164 @ Jan. 22 2011, 6:45 am

Quote: TravisMcClain @ Jan. 20 2011, 9:08 pm

There will be items for purchase

Alas, I don't own a uniform. Also, if we make good on our plans to go Thursday we'll be leaving from there to go to a Cincinnati Reds promotional event at the Louisville Slugger Museum and I'd probably prefer to be in "civvies" for that. ;-) Photos, however, I will take a-plenty! My wife is pretty excited about the themed section about Star Trek's influence on medicine, as she's spent more than a decade in various capacities in that field. Should be fun for both of us!

Trekwolf164

POSTS: 32043

Report this Jan. 22 2011, 7:22 am

There will be uniform shirts for sale as well as the chance to be photographed and placed into Trek Crew photo's. If it is like STTE you don't need a uniform they photoshop your face.
there should be a motion ride or two

www.youtube.com/watch?v=TcdZla4gKk0

Camorite

Report this Jan. 22 2011, 10:16 am

I went to it when it was in Detroit, and loved it. they have a recreation of the tos bridge that you and your friends can get pictures taken in (and wolf they don't allow recording devices in there, as i brought a video camera with me when i attended and they wouldn't let me use it), as well as a recreation of the TNG transporter room.

They also have a shuttlecraft simpualtion ride that is a blast (but i suggest that if you get motion sickness you take some meds first as it goes all over the place, as well as upsidedown). If i had any complains about it, it would be that it is not a very big exibit and that you should take your time going through it.

"What i Hate more then anything else is someone that thinks that they know everything. That must mean that I really hate myself", "Freedom is the right of all setient beings!" (Optimus Prime: Transformers), "That's on small step for man, one giant leap for mankind!" Neil Armstrong 8-5-30 to 8-25-12

Trekwolf164

POSTS: 32043

Report this Jan. 22 2011, 11:28 am

I have seen some photo's from the Exhibition from other stops. Maybe the no recording rule varies from location to location

www.youtube.com/watch?v=TcdZla4gKk0

TravisMcClain

Report this Jan. 22 2011, 12:31 pm

I will not be photographing my experience.  From the Louisville Science Center webpage:

"Please note: Photos are not allowed to be taken inside the exhibition. Photo opportunities will be available for a fee."

It'd be nice if they would inform us ahead of time how many "opportunities" there will be and what the fees will cost.  We're going on a small budget.  Speaking of photos and fees, Robert Picardo has been announced for tomorrow, signing photos at $20 a pop starting at 1:00 PM if anyone is reading this that might actually be interested and able to attend.

Trekwolf164

POSTS: 32043

Report this Jan. 22 2011, 12:36 pm

Thats a bummer I can understand that they want to sell bridge photos .

www.youtube.com/watch?v=TcdZla4gKk0

Camorite

Report this Jan. 22 2011, 2:48 pm

if i remember right they only do pictures for the bridge and transporter room sets.

Oh and yanks, i did some checking around and i have not been able to find a list of cities that the exhibition will be in.

Ningu

Report this Jan. 24 2011, 12:37 am

Yestarday I visited "Star Trek: The Exhibition" in Valencia (Spain) and I enjoyed it very much. May be reproduction of Enterprise-d bridge is the best part. Although I imagine it more big. Not is this reproduction smaller? What is interessting too are the two starships models, as well clothes.

HowYouDoin

Report this Jan. 24 2011, 6:11 am

The kids have a delayed opening today because of the "snow", the bus picks them up in about 15 minutes and then I am heading over there!!! I can't wait!!! All day to myself without any kids or wife saying "can we go now..." or "I want to look at something else..."

CO_Fowler

Report this Jan. 24 2011, 6:24 pm

Cool! Wish it would come close so I could go! LOL If you happen to see a schedule of sorts of where it might be heading to next or if you happen across a website, please post that here ^_^ Thankie much!

Peace!

R.I.P. My sweet Casey Bug. Mommy will see you again one day :`o( 18DEC01-24SEP11 / "Don't try to win over the haters. You're not the jackass whisperer."~Scott Stratten /It's a lot like nuts and bolts-if the rider's nuts, the horse bolts! ~Nicholas Evans /IDIC-Infinite Diversity Infinite Combination/Sgt Esterhaus: Hey, let's be careful out there!/4000/ To succeed in life, you need three things: a wishbone, a backbone and a funnybone

TX_TREKKER

Report this Feb. 01 2011, 12:17 am

Here is the website for it. Does anyone have any future dates of the exhibit?

TravisMcClain

Report this Feb. 01 2011, 2:23 am

Trekwolf164

POSTS: 32043

Report this Feb. 01 2011, 4:04 am

Quote: TravisMcClain @ Feb. 01 2011, 2:23 am

>In case anyone cares, we didn't make it out to the exhibit as planned on account of my stupid guts. When we do get out to it, though, I'll be sure to post any thoughts I have.

Bummer I was hoping to hear about this thing. If it comes to the NY area I would like to see it.

There is another show Star Trek Live but the closest it came to me was 3 hours away.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=TcdZla4gKk0