Would You Marry Riker?

Created by: Roboto

Roboto

Report this Jan. 20 2011, 4:21 pm

After the revealing "Would You Marry Data?" poll, and a certain someone's heated arguments against Data and defenses for Riker, I was curious to see what the opinion of the ladies truly is.

No more speculation.

The truth shall soon be seen!

24thcenstfan

Report this Jan. 20 2011, 4:35 pm

No. He's a touch too arrogant and slightly overbearing.

Join us @ => KEEP ON TREKKIN'

A Friendly Sci-Fi Community!

2takesfrakes

Report this Jan. 20 2011, 5:32 pm

Quote: Roboto @ Jan. 20 2011, 4:21 pm

After ... a certain someone's heated arguments against Data and defenses for Riker ...

Oh, the ARROGANCE!!!
Who IS this Knuckle-dragging NEANDERTHAL?!
... I like him, already - Ha ha!!

Unlisshed

Report this Jan. 21 2011, 3:25 am

I voted for 'great date' because I think he'd be a great guy to go out and have a good time with. I always liked Riker, he's got a great sense of humour, but I don't know if it could go further than that, if only because of his tendency to put his career before anything else, as evidenced with Troi.
Most of the guys from TNG would make great dates IMO. The matter is, who would be the best for a long term commitment?

"The bartender is an artificial lifeform." later... "Contact the operations officer to assist you." "He's in Ten-Forward... waiting tables."

konarciq

Report this Jan. 21 2011, 4:03 am

LOL This might be the only right answer to his Data bashing LOL

So I voted the simple "he´s not my type", simply because that´s the truth, 2Takes, and not merely in order to annoy you. :-)

Will Riker for me is a bit too arrogant, far too dedicated to his job, serious commitment problems, and too eager to get a multitude of hot ladies in his bed.

And on top of that, not that it´s of paramount importance in the decision, but I wouldn´t call him good-looking - or even handsome.

He does have his qualities, of course, even relationshipwise. But for me, the negative side outweighs these by miles. So I can safely say he´s just not my type. :-)

He could be better though. Tom Riker as seen in Second Chances I would seriously consider!

Matthias Russell

Report this Jan. 21 2011, 5:10 am

Since I live in Florida, I can't answer this question, lol.

2takesfrakes

Report this Jan. 21 2011, 5:40 am

Quote: konarciq @ Jan. 21 2011, 4:03 am

... I voted the simple "he´s not my type", simply because that´s the truth, 2Takes, and not merely in order to annoy you. :-)

You've never worried about annoying me, before!
Just make your thoughts fruitful and your words
... eloquent!

tahmtahm

Report this Jan. 21 2011, 4:48 pm

I voted that Riker would be a great date. I think he'd be a great guy to go out with. As for him being dedicated to his job and the crew - that's what I like about him.
Truth be told, when I was younger - Riker did hold the key to my heart.

Roboto

Report this Jan. 21 2011, 6:41 pm

As of yet... Riker seems to hold the key to NOBODY'S heart! I am honestly surprised!

And I am sure... that *someone else* is floored.

boco

Report this Jan. 21 2011, 9:42 pm

first officer Riker maybe, Lt Riker, from second chances, certainly!

STLogs is THE BEST trek board: http://z15.invisionfree.com/sb63s_Star_Trek_Logs/index.php?showtopic=2704&st=90&#entry5621677

2takesfrakes

Report this Jan. 22 2011, 5:13 am

He who is PATIENT, Roboto
... obtains.

Roboto

Report this Jan. 22 2011, 8:16 am

Quote: 2takesfrakes @ Jan. 22 2011, 5:13 am

He who is PATIENT, Roboto ... obtains.

I would not put it past you to vote for the "holds the key to my heart" option.

Trekwolf164

POSTS: 32043

Report this Jan. 22 2011, 8:29 am

Not my type

www.youtube.com/watch?v=TcdZla4gKk0

Csillan_Rose

Report this Jan. 22 2011, 11:33 am

LOL! This is too funny ^_^ And I voted for no, he's not my type. Because really, he isn't. I didn't dislike Riker, but I wouldn't date him. I'm not even sure we'd be good friends or anything. I'd more likely be friends with Geordi than Riker. Or of course, Data, but we've already discussed that one

Dif-tor heh smusma

2takesfrakes

Report this Jan. 22 2011, 12:51 pm

Ms. Roboto, I ignore your insipid insinuation ... !!!