ATTENTION: The Boards will be closed permanently on May 28th, 2014. Posting will be disabled on April 28th, 2014. More Info

Fan Fiction Dreams

Csillan_Rose

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 193

Report this Jan. 24 2011, 7:30 pm

Quote: Beershark @ Jan. 24 2011, 9:14 am

Quote: Treknoir @ Jan. 23 2011, 4:36 pm

Quote: Beershark @ Jan. 23 2011, 3:13 pm

Quote: Treknoir @ Jan. 23 2011, 11:08 am

Quote: toranaprem @ Jan. 23 2011, 10:57 am

>

>

>I've written a couple of K/S vignettes that I've posted to the KSArchive. My penname over there is T'Leynti.

>
Oooohhhh, a slasher.

I've run across this term and several references to this genera on this site. What is it exactly?
Here you go: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kirk/Spock

Okay, got ya. Thanks. That being the case, I'd just like to mention that Spock and McCoy did fight like an old marriedcouple.....



Lol, they totally do ^_^

Dif-tor heh smusma

toranaprem

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 621

Report this Jan. 24 2011, 10:04 pm

Quote: Csillan_Rose @ Jan. 23 2011, 8:01 pm

Quote: toranaprem @ Jan. 23 2011, 11:12 am

Quote: Treknoir @ Jan. 23 2011, 11:08 am

Quote: toranaprem @ Jan. 23 2011, 10:57 am

>

>

>I've written a couple of K/S vignettes that I've posted to the KSArchive. My penname over there is T'Leynti.

>
Oooohhhh, a slasher.

LOL. I guess. K/S exclusively though (none of this slashing every which way from Sunday business), and nothing particularly pornographic.
I went and read "I Should Have Known" just now-- absolutely beautiful! I loved your characterization and your word choices. It's very difficult to write Spock correctly, and you did so wonderfully. Now I'll probably think of this the next time I watch TMP, and believe me, the movie will be all the better for it You put all of those scenes and memories together perfectly. Thank you for sharing! (Even if that wasn't your intention when you gave us your screenname).
Oh, I'm so glad you enjoyed it! I kind of figured if I was going to own up to writing fan fiction, I better offer up the evidence.


Yeah, in my opinion, K/S makes TMP a far better film than it is without it. LOL.


"What will they find when I am ripped apart? 'I love you, captain' written on my heart."

Treknoir

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 1784

Report this Jan. 25 2011, 8:33 am

Quote: toranaprem @ Jan. 24 2011, 10:04 pm

Yeah, in my opinion, K/S makes TMP a far better film than it is without it. LOL.



LOL True.

It is curious how often you humans manage to obtain that which you do not want. - Spock

CaptainMauin

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 2511

Report this Jan. 25 2011, 8:51 pm

Ugh, I have far too many stories floating around in this head of mine. I think I make up a new one each day. Those, though, I never bother to record.


One particular story caught a glimmer of interest in the very core of my mind. It's kind of a "what if..." sort of thing. I'll only reveal that it starts out on Voyager, in the Delta Quadrant, and it eventually moves back to the Alpha Quadrant. My story, called Star Trek: Delta, features the crew of Federation Starship USS Prime. The characters are based off real people: my friends. I am the Captain, and my closest friends all have major roles on the ship. So far it's around 150 pages long, hand written.


I'm only writing this for the entertainment of myself, and the entertainment of my friends. I am most certainly not going to publish it anywhere (even though all my friends keep telling me too). To be honest, I'm too chicken to share it with anyone other than my friends.


Goodbye. I am gone.

DrWhoIV

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 8

Report this Jan. 29 2011, 10:07 am

I have a story for all the series having them meet Dr Who-Ent-7th Dr/STO-4th/NG-6th/DS9-8th & 4th/Vgr-5th.
Voyager's I'm uncertain if it takes place before or after Turlough ceases being the Black Guardians aid + the ideas are 1: explains how Zefram Cochrane could have checked out (or can be a non-Dr Who meet as well)/2: Explains what became of the Hara and Neela.
Also have a non meet where one of the Star Treks encounter the Ice Warrior and explains what became of the Aenar.

Treknoir

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 1784

Report this Jan. 29 2011, 3:37 pm

Quote: CaptainMauin @ Jan. 25 2011, 8:51 pm

Ugh, I have far too many stories floating around in this head of mine. I think I make up a new one each day. Those, though, I never bother to record.

One particular story caught a glimmer of interest in the very core of my mind. It's kind of a "what if..." sort of thing. I'll only reveal that it starts out on Voyager, in the Delta Quadrant, and it eventually moves back to the Alpha Quadrant. My story, called Star Trek: Delta, features the crew of Federation Starship USS Prime. The characters are based off real people: my friends. I am the Captain, and my closest friends all have major roles on the ship. So far it's around 150 pages long, hand written.

I'm only writing this for the entertainment of myself, and the entertainment of my friends. I am most certainly not going to publish it anywhere (even though all my friends keep telling me too). To be honest, I'm too chicken to share it with anyone other than my friends.



At least you feel comfortable sharing it with your friends. I don't know if I could. But I enjoy the story.

It is curious how often you humans manage to obtain that which you do not want. - Spock

Treknoir

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 1784

Report this Jan. 29 2011, 3:38 pm

Quote: DrWhoIV @ Jan. 29 2011, 10:07 am

>I have a story for all the series having them meet Dr Who-Ent-7th Dr/STO-4th/NG-6th/DS9-8th & 4th/Vgr-5th. Voyager's I'm uncertain if it takes place before or after Turlough ceases being the Black Guardians aid + the ideas are 1: explains how Zefram Cochrane could have checked out (or can be a non-Dr Who meet as well)/2: Explains what became of the Hara and Neela. Also have a non meet where one of the Star Treks encounter the Ice Warrior and explains what became of the Aenar.


Ultimate crossover.


It is curious how often you humans manage to obtain that which you do not want. - Spock

OtakuJo

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 16362

Report this Jan. 29 2011, 7:07 pm

Liked reading some of these ideas and stuff. ;-)

I have been, shall we say, RATHER prolific in the fanfiction department since I started my first Star Trek fanfic in late 2007 and have since clocked about 350,000 words on fanfiction.net. Individual stories currently ranging from between 900 to 110,000 words. Mostly based in Deep Space Nine.

Recently got my first fanfiction-based short story award thing last year, which made me feel all warm and fuzzy inside and that wasn't because I then went out and bought a bottle of alcoholic beverage to celebrate.

In fact I'm giving serious consideration to slowing down a little (Not to stop writing but to take a break from POSTING stories) as soon as my currently extant fic, entitled "Helix" for anyone who cares lol, is finished. But I have oodles and oodles of future ideas I just need to take a breath so that they will continue to be at the standard I want them to be for posting.

Have you ever danced with a Tribble in the pale moonlight?

Forum Permissions

You cannot post new topics in this forum

You cannot reply to topics in this forum

You cannot delete posts in this forum