To Open or not to Open?

Created by: iBorg13

iBorg13

POSTS: 1944

Report this Jan. 19 2011, 9:41 am

What a dilemma?
Let me explain, I have begun to sell my Playmates TNG Action Figures and have already invested in my first Art Asylum Action Figure...
I bought it online and the person told me they sent it yesterday and it should be here in a few days... I am expecting it in 3-5 days...
I have that long to make a decision.
From now on should I
A) open the boxes and pose the action figures, making them seem more real and more toucheable?
B) keep the action figures in their original packaging like a real collector?
I am trying to decide which one to go with, your votes will help me to decide.

Aarron123

Report this Jan. 19 2011, 8:56 pm

It depends on what you plan to do with them. Keeping them in their packages makes them worth more, but if you arn't planning on selling your collection, thenopen em' up! I do haha

"Fate, it protects fools, small children, and ships called Enterprise" - Will Riker

iBorg13

POSTS: 1944

Report this Jan. 19 2011, 9:03 pm

I do not plan on selling them...

iBorg13

POSTS: 1944

Report this Jan. 19 2011, 9:03 pm

...opening them is always a bitta fun

Koon Ut Kalifee 4Me

Report this Jan. 19 2011, 10:35 pm

It'll be very hard to resist opening it. So you might as well save yourself the agony. It's like christmas.

Peace and long life

Aarron123

Report this Jan. 20 2011, 1:18 am

There is a satisfying feeling to ripping the plastic from the cardboard haha! What playmates are you selling?

FleetAdmiral_BamBam

Report this Jan. 20 2011, 10:44 am

I buy a few items and display them without the packaging (although I don't tear the packages open - I keep them in good condition too.)

Trekwolf164

POSTS: 32043

Report this Jan. 20 2011, 10:51 am

Open them up.

Makes mine worth more

www.youtube.com/watch?v=TcdZla4gKk0

iBorg13

POSTS: 1944

Report this Jan. 20 2011, 11:17 am

Aaron123, I just have Picard, Riker, Data, Worf, Geordi. U'no, all the main guyz.

Caesar753

Report this Jan. 20 2011, 5:53 pm

I say open them.  Unless you are a serious collector and hope to re-sell them for a profit, you should open them and enjoy them.

CmdrBrodyHansen

Report this Jan. 21 2011, 12:46 pm

Keep them in packages. They could be worth something in the future.

iBorg13

POSTS: 1944

Report this Jan. 24 2011, 4:42 pm

Just got the figure - on the 2nd to last day of the holidays! I decided to go with the majority and I opened it. Its really fun opening it, I'm glad I did. I didn't know how articulated they really are, I went for the cheapest to start with to see how they were and got Travis Mayweather.  Wow! I love how his head can move in a full circle and his waist is great too!!! Talk about articulation(sp)!!!

Caesar753

Report this Jan. 24 2011, 7:36 pm

Yeah, the Art Asylum figures are pretty great.  You can pose them just about any way you choose.

iBorg13

POSTS: 1944

Report this Jan. 24 2011, 7:44 pm

And detailed! Comparing them to the Playmates ones I had is interesting!

Camorite

Report this Jan. 30 2011, 2:51 pm

it depends on what kind of package it is in. a few years ago i purchased a perfect replica of a clasic transformer toy. I carefully broke the seal on the box and pulled it out to play with a little (it was a toy i didn't have as a kid). when i was done i, just as carefully replaced it in the packageing and put it back in the box. The only way anyone would know it was out is if they looked at the seal.

So in the end if you can do it like that i say there is no problem taking it out of the packaging, esepcially if it is in a box and can easilly be removed.

"What i Hate more then anything else is someone that thinks that they know everything. That must mean that I really hate myself", "Freedom is the right of all setient beings!" (Optimus Prime: Transformers), "That's on small step for man, one giant leap for mankind!" Neil Armstrong 8-5-30 to 8-25-12

Users browsing this forum: 22123magic