ATTENTION: The Boards will be closed permanently on May 28th, 2014. Posting will be disabled on April 28th, 2014. More Info

Gay Sex

^^Nicolas^^

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 508

Report this Jan. 18 2011, 1:29 pm

whats been a long time? Gay Sex...lol Since you were 10 or 11, sounds awful. Books let me have a look see. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Star_Trek_novels#Pocket_Books_novels


Never let me slip, cause if I slip, then I'm slippin.

^^Nicolas^^

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 508

Report this Jan. 18 2011, 1:38 pm

 This thread is making me laugh out loud.


Never let me slip, cause if I slip, then I'm slippin.

Dendodge

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 945

Report this Jan. 18 2011, 2:08 pm

Which book had gay sex in?

I probably wouldn't care either way about reading it (I've read books with graphic descriptions of straight sex in, so it shouldn't be much different), I'm just curious. I didn't expect TPTB would allow it in a licensed work.

^^Nicolas^^

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 508

Report this Jan. 18 2011, 2:42 pm

Yes which book, I would like to read that one too. (lol)

Never let me slip, cause if I slip, then I'm slippin.

FleetAdmiral_BamBam

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 46302

Report this Jan. 18 2011, 2:50 pm

There are hundreds of books - most are decent and some a great, but there are terrible books too.

Matthias Russell

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 7705

Report this Jan. 19 2011, 4:03 am

What a juvenile way to start a thread. Are you sure you aren't still 10? I am more than happy to discuss books but if you are going to come out swinging with an offensive tone, what's the point?

Corgan Portswallow

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 5

Report this Jan. 19 2011, 1:31 pm

What Matthias said.

And I too would like to know which book contained a "graphic description of gay sex."

"It's true that every time you hear a bell, an angel gets its wings. But what they don't tell you is that every time you hear a mouse trap snap, an angel gets set on fire." --Jack Handy

Beershark

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 2590

Report this Jan. 20 2011, 6:30 am

and did you read this book at band camp? Time to grow up and stop trolling.

CORPORATIONS AREN'T PEOPLE! Soylent Green is people.

Mwulf

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 19

Report this Jan. 21 2011, 10:28 am

Quote: Matthias Russell @ Jan. 19 2011, 4:03 am

What a juvenile way to start a thread. Are you sure you aren't still 10? I am more than happy to discuss books but if you are going to come out swinging with an offensive tone, what's the point?

Sorry if you took offense, but that's something you read into my post that wasn't there. Read it again. It was very neutral in tone.

As for the "juvenile" way to start a thread... have you never heard of a hook? And, you know what, you're the one trolling here, not me. That's what it means when you insult other users.

Matthias Russell

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 7705

Report this Jan. 21 2011, 11:37 am

No insult intended. I think everyone can agree that hooking people with an unrelated racy title is juvenile, and people have. We're mostly adults here and this is a family friendly site. We are also friendly fans who enjoy discussing trek and helping fellow fans, no hook required, especially ones unrelated to the topic.

^^Nicolas^^

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 508

Report this Jan. 21 2011, 3:29 pm

Quote: Mwulf @ Jan. 21 2011, 10:28 am

Quote: Matthias Russell @ Jan. 19 2011, 4:03 am

What a juvenile way to start a thread. Are you sure you aren't still 10? I am more than happy to discuss books but if you are going to come out swinging with an offensive tone, what's the point?
Sorry if you took offense, but that's something you read into my post that wasn't there. Read it again. It was very neutral in tone. As for the "juvenile" way to start a thread... have you never heard of a hook? And, you know what, you're the one trolling here, not me. That's what it means when you insult other users.
So what what what your saying is, you won't tell us the name of the book? 2*&%^%6 tease.

Never let me slip, cause if I slip, then I'm slippin.

Matthias Russell

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 7705

Report this Jan. 21 2011, 5:09 pm

A tease in this thread, lol.

DavidRGeorgeIII

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 31

Report this Jan. 23 2011, 12:18 am

No Star Trek novel has ever been published with a "rather graphic description" of any sexual act.


Regards, David

toranaprem

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 621

Report this Jan. 23 2011, 12:33 am

Quote: DavidRGeorgeIII @ Jan. 23 2011, 12:18 am

>

>No Star Trek novel has ever been published with a "rather graphic description" of any sexual act.

>
This. There's some naked fighting and alpha male posturing, followed by some awkward healing foam action in The Price of the Phoenix and some fully clothed vaguely homoerotic touching in Killing Time, but that's about it. Maybe he stumbled on a K/S fanzine and confused it for a pro novel. Or he vaguely remembers one of the novels I mentioned and doesn't know the difference between two men touching each other and a "graphic description of gay sex".


"What will they find when I am ripped apart? 'I love you, captain' written on my heart."

Matthias Russell

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 7705

Report this Jan. 23 2011, 5:17 am

I think an author's word has the finishing authority here. I've read plenty of intense and even arousing scenes in trek books. I think Peter David gets the most . . . detailed. But as my wife always says, that's nothing, you should see what they do in romance novels.

Forum Permissions

You cannot post new topics in this forum

You cannot reply to topics in this forum

You cannot delete posts in this forum