With which ST character do you most identify yourself?

konarciq

Report this Jan. 14 2011, 3:41 am

With which Star Trek character do you most identify yourself, and why?

This was a question in that promoted survey on "the glamour of Star Trek" a few weeks back, and I thought it an interesting one. Couldn´t think of any at the time though, but I believe I´ve figured out a few.

For me: Kirk for his rebellious leadership - people are more important than rules.

McCoy and Dr. Crusher, as well as Wesley in his final episode - for pretty much the same "people are more important than rules" attitude, as opposed to the majority of prime directive / "Starfleet orders" disciples.

Matthias Russell

Report this Jan. 14 2011, 4:31 am

Mackenzie Calhoun. The untraditional outsider who doesn't fit in anywhere and always gets the job done. Also, married to Elizabeth Shelby who is a lot like my wife. "Look, I'm in command, dammit!"

Vger23

Report this Jan. 14 2011, 5:01 am

Will Riker

That doesn't mean he's my "favorite..," it just means I find him the most identifiable.

He's an every man who is loyal, balances career and professional life very well, and has a decent sense of humor.

I AM KEE-ROCK!!

jamesspock1

Report this Jan. 14 2011, 7:01 am

The Shatner Kirk, didn't believe in a no win senario.

Matthias Russell

Report this Jan. 14 2011, 12:14 pm

Quote: jamesspock1 @ Jan. 14 2011, 7:01 am

The Shatner Kirk, didn't believe in a no win senario.

Only single men think that way. Married men lose regularly, at least they are told so.

UNTRugby

Report this Jan. 14 2011, 12:44 pm

I'd say worf is the character I most identify with

Vger23

Report this Jan. 14 2011, 12:51 pm

Quote: UNTRugby @ Jan. 14 2011, 12:44 pm

I'd say worf is the character I most identify with

From "Liasons:"

Lt. Cmdr. Data: I have heard that in moments of diplomatic tension, it is often helpful to find elements of commonality.
Lieutenant Worf: Ambassador Byleth is... demanding, temperamental and rude!
Lt. Cmdr. Data: You share all of those qualities in abundance. Perhaps you should try to build on your similarities!

Hmmmmm...!

I AM KEE-ROCK!!

MyLifeIsTrekkish

Report this Jan. 14 2011, 12:54 pm

I'd have to say Dr. McCoy. He's not afraid to say what he thinks, even though Kirk hardly ever listens to him the way he listens to Spock.

There comes a time when the odds are against you and the only reasonable course of action is to quit... That's when you turn to Star Trek.

toranaprem

Report this Jan. 14 2011, 2:36 pm

Kira Nerys.

My husband doesn't post on these boards but I'm sure it's Martok for him. And he definitely sees me as his Sirella. LOL.

"What will they find when I am ripped apart? 'I love you, captain' written on my heart."

Vger23

Report this Jan. 14 2011, 5:37 pm

Quote: toranaprem @ Jan. 14 2011, 2:36 pm

Kira Nerys.

If I were female, I probably would have said Kira too...

I AM KEE-ROCK!!

Icarus14

Report this Jan. 14 2011, 6:03 pm

I have to Scotty. He's not my absolute favorite character, but personalities are quite similar. Scotty only relaxes when doing engine drills, I only relax when doing extra, extra homework. If there is no homework, I panic.

"Only one, Human captain, ever survived the Minbari fleet. He is behind me, you, are in front of me. If you value your lives, then be somewhere else." Delenn.

toranaprem

Report this Jan. 14 2011, 6:06 pm

Quote: Vger23 @ Jan. 14 2011, 5:37 pm

Quote: toranaprem @ Jan. 14 2011, 2:36 pm

Kira Nerys.

If I were female, I probably would have said Kira too...

That's pretty cool.

I know for me, I relate to Kira so strongly because I'm a very angry person. Luckily, Star Trek helps me with that.

bobarino

Report this Jan. 15 2011, 6:06 am

For me, with my technical background, I'd have to say Scotty or Chief O'Brien are who I relate to the most. I like O'Brien's taste in women too. Keiko was some nice asian persuasion. ( remember the red dress )

StarSeekerForTrip

Report this Jan. 15 2011, 10:36 am

Even if Trip wasn't my favorite character I would have to say him anyways. I'm easygoing and I love to have fun, but I will speak my mind in a heartbeat when it is necessary.

The galaxy can giggle all it wants, but it can't have my chocolate.

iBorg13

POSTS: 1944

Report this Jan. 15 2011, 11:07 am

For me probably: Odo. Because we're both different and don't quite fit in with our circle of friends. Also we battle day upon day with the concept of right and wrong (He with rejoining his people or his duty. Me with buying a) a pie or b) a garlic bread from the school canteen).

i13