Can't much of a trekkie. I'm not interested in every going to a convention.

2takesfrakes

Report this Jan. 13 2011, 4:01 am

Amen, Father_J!
The thoughts alone,
of being surrounded
by all those whackadoos
is giving me THE FEAR!!!

Roboto

Report this Jan. 13 2011, 2:21 pm

There is nothing wrong with that, Father_J.

Heck, I have been a huge fan of the old western "Bonanza" but I would never go to one of its conventions. I love the show and everything, but I am not interested in going to a convention.

As for YOU Mister 2takes...

I will tell you that I met a lot of people that were not "wackadoos". Besides, even if there are wackadoos at a given convention, you should still go. . . after all, birds of a feather fly together. *insert evil laugh here*

2takesfrakes

Report this Jan. 13 2011, 3:19 pm

Don't start the TEAMING-UP THING
about THIS!!! Ladies, please ...
Father_J and I were having a
PRIVATE conversation!

Roboto

Report this Jan. 13 2011, 3:27 pm

Private my foot!

2takesfrakes

Report this Jan. 13 2011, 3:35 pm

You think you're so cute!!!

Father_J, don't get suckered
in by these two ... especially
Roboto! Stick to your guns ...

Roboto

Report this Jan. 13 2011, 3:51 pm

Nonsense. I am as pure as the driven snow.

Do not allow yourself to be fooled, Father_J, 2takes is quite the cheeky one. He used to run amok causing terror on these boards until I came along.

Wait... STUCK to GUNS?? Are you trying to have our new member cause an accident, maybe even kill himself???

2takesfrakes

Report this Jan. 13 2011, 3:58 pm

Father_J, you'll have to excuse me.
I'm getting all fired up, here ...
I better go COOL OFF!!!

Roboto

Report this Jan. 13 2011, 4:08 pm

tahmtahm

Report this Jan. 13 2011, 4:15 pm

Oh, Father_J - prehaps you should go to a local event first. I have been to many local events, like Fan Days and they are great. I got to meet Frakes, Spiner, and Dorn in Plano, Texas just a few months ago. Let me tell you, the highlight of my day was the 3 of them doing a Q&A about the show - what a hilarious bunch of guys!
Anyhow, you might want to start local. Conventions are great.
2takes - don't scare off the big convention tepid fans, YOU should know better!

Beershark

Report this Jan. 13 2011, 11:31 pm

Can't say I blame you there. First one I went to was In Boston,1976. It was either the second or third one EVER, and the first one held outside of NYC. They chose Boston that year because it was during all the big bicentennial celebrations, and the week before the Boston Marathon. This thing lasted a week. The dealers floor was huge, we spent hours and never saw everything. Came home with bags and bags of stuff, because a lot of folks were giving things away! The entire cast was present, with the exception of The Shat, who had planned on attending but was called away. People from around the world were there. It was the most incredible thing I've ever witnessed. The second, and last, one I attended was in St. Petersburg, Fl., lasted 10hrs on a Sunday. Walked around the entire dealers floor in 45min, couldn't afford a damned thing. My son and I participated in a TNG:CCG tourney that was fixed, friends of the girls running it showed up played only the last round of the four rounds and were declared the winners. The "Star" was some minor character and talked about 15min. Just awful!

CORPORATIONS AREN'T PEOPLE! Soylent Green is people.

2takesfrakes

Report this Jan. 14 2011, 4:52 am

You know you're being bad ...
acting up. I'll let it go,
this ONE time, however.

2takesfrakes

Report this Jan. 14 2011, 4:55 am

Quote: tahmtahm @ Jan. 13 2011, 4:15 pm

2takes - don't scare off the big convention tepid fans, YOU should know better!
... That just leaves me completely boggled.

Roboto

Report this Jan. 14 2011, 5:22 am

Quote: 2takesfrakes @ Jan. 14 2011, 4:52 am

You know you're being bad ... acting up. I'll let it go, this ONE time, however.

I quake in my boots to think of what you will do "next time".

2takesfrakes

Report this Jan. 14 2011, 5:26 am

Father_J, I hope you're reading all this!
If such torture can mainfest itself on
this machine ... just try to imagine what
awaits you at a STAR TREK convention!!!

Roboto

Report this Jan. 14 2011, 5:39 am

Nah. That would only be if I could go this year, which I most likely not be able to do.

And even if I could, I am sure that it would be more of a pleasure than a torture.

Admit it, you enjoy the attention.