Name your favorite President !

Created by: DammitJim6200

DammitJim6200

Report this Jan. 09 2011, 12:58 pm

Many Great men Held the office of President, Few became great leaders (Barak Obama) ...Few were good leaders but REAL JERKS (Andrew Jackson) HOW MUCH DO YOU KNOW about history  ? Who is your favorite President and WHY ?

FleetAdmiral_BamBam

Report this Jan. 09 2011, 1:08 pm

In the role of President, my favorite is James Madison, but as I'm learning more about Calvin Coolidge and Grover Cleveland, they're up in the top of my list too.  Each of these men fought to keep government from growing / encroaching in our lives.  Coolidge cut taxes and shrunk government.  Cleveland's more famous item is understanding the limits of the Federal government and refusing to grow government into bailing farmers out.

Matthias Russell

Report this Jan. 09 2011, 5:34 pm

I love how Obama haters have to include the "Hussien". Get over it. he isn't Muslim and it wouldn't matter. besides, neither he nor W can be a favorite as their legacy has to be felt and established before their greatness can be judged.

I voted TR. Not that I agree with him many times, but he was a man's man and was the gateway between introspective America and Imperialist America. He, more than Washington or Jefferson, made this country into how we experience it today, like him or not. Shame he didn't run for a second term. it would have been interesting to have more TR and to have been freed of the Bull Moose nonsense. I also feel TR's pre-presidency legacy is as important as his in office legacy. He laid the groundwork for expansion early (before the Spanish-American War which he used as a catalyst) and was quite visionary though being a racist and having hidden agendas. But he was a man of his times. He had obvious flaws, making him relateable and mos assuredly a benchmark president.

Corwin8

Report this Jan. 09 2011, 5:49 pm

Based on the choices I have no choice. Best/Favorite President in my lifetime would be Ronald Reagan.

BHO has to do something notable beyond the Nobel Prize .

Let the bridges I burn light the way. You are special, just like everybody else. Calling an illegal alien an ‘undocumented immigrant’ is like calling a drug dealer an ‘unlicensed pharmacist’

FleetAdmiral_BamBam

Report this Jan. 09 2011, 6:31 pm

Quote: /view_profile/ @

NO RONALD REGAN HUH? THIS IS A POLL OF DEMOCRATS FROM WHAT I SEE NO BUSH OR W. BUSH NO NIXON NO REGAN THIS IS BS. NO BILL CLINTON EITHER EVEN THO HE WAS A DEMOCRAT.
If you don't like the choices, you can always start your own poll.

Ozzie_MOD1023

Report this Jan. 09 2011, 7:49 pm

My preference lies with Ted Roosevelt, no doubt about it. A lot of my political beliefs were influenced by him, with some exceptions.

Hold Fast

Unununium*

Report this Jan. 10 2011, 4:26 am

My favourite president is Kim Il-Sung.

*Might contain traces of Qwerty.

2takesfrakes

Report this Jan. 10 2011, 4:43 am

Quote: /view_profile/ @

Thomas Jefferson ...

very smart man.

Yes, Jefferson was pretty liberal for a Slave Owner.

DS9TREK

Report this Jan. 10 2011, 5:19 am

Quote: Matthias Russell @ Jan. 09 2011, 5:34 pm

As far as I can see only one person has mentioned Obama's middle name and that's his number one fan boy, DammitJim6200.

CornishMonkey

Report this Jan. 10 2011, 5:51 am

John Adams was a kick ass kind of dude. HBO said so.

"What's wrong, Captain Picard?" "What's wrong? I'm a serious Shakespearian actor, and I'm talking to the ambassador of the F**KING WORM PEOPLE!"

DammitJim6200

Report this Jan. 10 2011, 6:20 am

Quote: /view_profile/ @

NIXON ? are you yanking me ? Nixon was a disgrace to the office,he lied, cheated and steal HE WAS A MESS, a REAL MESS..I forgot about Reagan, WHAT did he do again ?OH YEAH, RAISE OUR TAXES !

FleetAdmiral_BamBam

Report this Jan. 10 2011, 7:37 am

Quote: /view_profile/ @

>Thomas Jefferson ...

>he wrote the bill of rights; came back from france found out that the other guys changed stuff while he was gone and said "these people are going to kill us! quick, give THEM some rights!"

>very smart man.

James Madison proposed several amendments (may have been ondensed from a few dozen suggestions by the states) into the first draft of 17 amendments that were actually hammered out in committee down to 12 (10 of which passed as the "Bill of Rights" and one finally passed as the 27th Amendment.) I know that Jefferson agreed that there was a need for a Bill of Rights, but don't see any references to him writing them. Do you have reference material showing Jefferson was the author?

FleetAdmiral_BamBam

Report this Jan. 10 2011, 7:49 am

Quote: DammitJim6200 @ Jan. 10 2011, 6:20 am

Quote: /view_profile/ @

Agreed - Nixon was a major mess and was seriously power hungry. Reagan may have been the best president we've had in my lifetime, but he still granted mass amnesty and grew the debt.

FleetAdmiral_BamBam

Report this Jan. 10 2011, 7:50 am

Quote: Unununium* @ Jan. 10 2011, 4:26 am

Since the OP just assumed that it's redundant that we're talking about US presidents, I don't really care. US politics are fucked up and the people you choose to lead your country are mostly mentally challenged jerks. My favourite president is Kim Il-Sung.
Really??? How so?

FleetAdmiral_BamBam

Report this Jan. 10 2011, 7:51 am

Quote: Ozzie_MOD1023 @ Jan. 09 2011, 7:49 pm

What political beliefs did TR influence in you?

Users browsing this forum: FleetAdmiral_BamBam