Which is your favourite Enterprise?

afe999

Report this Jan. 09 2011, 1:32 am

Which class of Enterprise is your favourite? For me I have always liked the refit Constitution class Enterprise from the original movies. I just think it looks really elegant in its proportions. Comparing the Constitution class to the Galaxy Class Enterprise I always thought the Enterprise D looked a little awkward and bulky. Of course when The Next Generation gave us the sovereign class star ship I was stunned as it appears that they have used styling cues from the Constitution Class. So at that my favourite Enterprise was the Sovereign Class Star Ship. This stayed the same for a long time until 2009 when we were given the alternate reality Constitution class Enterprise. For me that Enterprise is Fantastic, a brilliant modernisation of the original Constitution Class Star Ship. So for now my favourite is the alternate reality Constitution Class Enterprise...for now.

Ghostmojo

Report this Jan. 09 2011, 2:54 pm

I was with you up until the point about the NCC 1701 Refit/NCC 1701-A. The most beautiful of any of Starfleet's ships. I liked the original series version too, however, I hate what they did with this is the 2009 film - a great example of how to take a great design and make it into something extremely ugly!

to boldy go where no man has gone before

starshipgalleyrat6987

Report this Jan. 09 2011, 3:05 pm

My fave ENT is the one in STXI...as a basic pre-cursor to what the starships become (TNG, VGR, etc) I think this one is more accurate...the original ENT (forgive me) had to many buttons and push knobs...looks more like a model kit in comparison to what they can do today.

"It's a song you green-blooded...Vulcan! The words aren't important; what's important is that you have a good time singing!" McCoy 2 Spock, ST V FF

Caesar753

Report this Jan. 09 2011, 4:11 pm

The Constitution refit ca. TWOK is definitely my favorite.  Runners up are the Enterprise E and 2009 Enterprise.

Matthias Russell

Report this Jan. 09 2011, 5:04 pm

I can't force myself to be attracted to the NX. I always liked the Connie refit, only respecting the original for its functionality and pivotalness. I don't see how people find the Connie to be so hot compared to the E though. The Sovereign is the hottest design ever. But then i like the Ambassador more than the Galaxy and i know that is weird.

Vger23

Report this Jan. 09 2011, 5:16 pm

Nothing compares to the beauty and design of the refit-Constitution Class featured in Star Trek TMP (and beyond). That design personifies the next era of starships.

It is absolutely my favorite starship from ANY sci-fi franchise, Star Trek or otherwise.

I AM KEE-ROCK!!

Trau

Report this Jan. 27 2011, 1:56 pm

The classic series Constitution class and the refit from the first six movies were the best, the ship from the last one was a bastardisation of the refit and was hugely dissapointing.

"Savour the fruit of life my young friends, it has a sweet taste when it is fresh from the vine, but don't live too long - the taste becomes bitter after a time " DaHar master Kor 'Star Trek Deep Space Nine : Once More Onto The Breach'

LieutenantCommanderData62

Report this Jan. 27 2011, 6:31 pm

NCC 1701-D (:

"I do not believe it is justified to sacrifice one life-form for another."-Data

OneDamnMinuteAdmiral

Report this Feb. 15 2011, 8:50 pm

I like the refit Enterprise/E-A Its the ship I grew up on.

Are you sure it isn't time for a colorful metaphor?

Vger23

Galaxy Class
Ambassador Class
NX-class

"take us out"...

BlueWaterBoy

Report this Feb. 16 2011, 11:27 am

The refitted Excelsior class Enterprise B. Big fan of that design, though I have no complaints about the others.
...well maybe the C...

UFP2009

Report this Feb. 26 2011, 7:21 pm

My favorite is in ST The motion picture.

I wanna change my User name.