Whats the scoop on Star Trek 12?

Young Spock

Report this Dec. 31 2010, 9:53 pm

Star Trek 12's script has just finished being written. Production is supposed to start this year to make the June 29, 2012 release date. Supposedly Zach Quinto will not be returning as the role of Spock in the sequal to JJ Abrams Star Trek (2009). There really isn't that much info to be found on the net so please post anything that you know of on the film.

zapp77

Report this Jan. 01 2011, 6:07 pm

I haven't really heard anything new, and as far as I know Quinto is still playing Spock.

Oh Snap.

Ghostmojo

Report this Jan. 02 2011, 3:09 am

The only film I want to see in 2012 is the third X-Files film. That is something that is needed and hopefully will finish that whole (marvellous) cycle off is fine form.

to boldy go where no man has gone before

Matthias Russell

Report this Jan. 02 2011, 10:08 am

There is nothing on a Star Trek 12 since there wasn't a Star Trek 11 any more than Batman Begins wasn't Batman 5.

Ghostmojo

Report this Jan. 02 2011, 4:08 pm

What will they call it? Star Trek B - The Wrath of Shatner, followed by Star Trek C - The Search for More Sacred Trek to Trash?

to boldy go where no man has gone before

WkdYngMan

Report this Jan. 02 2011, 4:19 pm

Back to the actual topic... the script for Star Trek 12 as far as I'm aware is still being written. It was due for completion shortly though based on the original timeline. There is no Janeway cameo, just that Mulgrew said she'd like to do a cameo I believe. That's all that is known, but you can always go to a site like www.trekmovie.com which will have the info first usually.

Young Spock

Report this Jan. 03 2011, 9:47 pm

Thanks for the info you guys.

"You are fully capable of deciding your own destiny. The question is, which path will you choose?

megan512

Report this Jan. 04 2011, 7:53 pm

As far as I know, Quinto will be back as Spock. But other than that I haven't heard anything.

WkdYngMan

Report this Jan. 04 2011, 9:24 pm

All of them are going to be back as their characters. They have all signed the 3 movie contract as far as I'm aware.

UNTRugby

Report this Jan. 04 2011, 9:58 pm

Quote: Matthias Russell @ Jan. 02 2011, 10:08 am

couldnt 12 be referring to the year since the other new trek movie is often referred to as star trek 09 ?

WkdYngMan

Report this Jan. 04 2011, 10:06 pm

It could be, but most people also know it as Star Trek 12, as in the 12th film.

Ghostmojo

Report this Jan. 05 2011, 2:10 am

Or Start Wreck ... ?

That should really have been the name for the 2009 effort

to boldy go where no man has gone before

toranaprem

Report this Jan. 05 2011, 2:21 am

X-Files 2012 is where I want to be also.

"What will they find when I am ripped apart? 'I love you, captain' written on my heart."

Trau

Report this Jan. 05 2011, 8:36 am

Quote: toranaprem @ Jan. 05 2011, 2:21 am

Dude, Ghostmojo, we are totally on the same page. I hated Star Trek '09. I didn't see it in the theaters, and then finally forced myself to rent it a year after it came out and it was just as bad as I feared. I don't want to trash on it too much since so many people seem to love it and it brought in new blood to Trek fandom. But gah. That is not Kirk, that is not Spock, that is not Uhura. So why should I care? X-Files 2012 is where I want to be also.

I hear you, CBS / Paramount made a massive mistep last time, We can only hope that they do as earlier posts suggest set the next one in the propper Universe, and carefully repair the dammage and possibly explain away the last film as an anomaly.

"Savour the fruit of life my young friends, it has a sweet taste when it is fresh from the vine, but don't live too long - the taste becomes bitter after a time " DaHar master Kor 'Star Trek Deep Space Nine : Once More Onto The Breach'

S'Riil

Report this Jan. 05 2011, 4:42 pm

wondering why the "fans" hate Star Trek XI so much,... yeesh i though it was good. Chris pine couldent have played a better Kirk,... ZQ i thought made an awesome spock (even though he had to glue his fingers together). and i thought the story was very well written, especially the visual effects. nothing wrong is with this movie.