The Star Trek Fact Files

Ghostmojo

Report this Dec. 30 2010, 3:31 am

I don't know if any of you collected the weekly magazine The Star Trek Fact Files which first appeared perhaps 12 years ago, maybe more.

I started to collect them assuming they might last several months. But they went on and on and on and ... eventually I got in touch with the publishers to find out when they were going to end - but they didn't know. I finally decided that enough was enough and gave up after a good few hundred!

Did anybody follow it through to the bitter end? Did it bankrupt you?!!!

I've got a stack of these things and their binders gathering dust. I'd get rid of them if anybody wanted them (for a reasonable reimbursement)...

FleetAdmiral_BamBam

Report this Dec. 30 2010, 9:48 am

That would be very interesting to see. Do you have scans/photos?

Icarus14

Report this Dec. 30 2010, 1:21 pm

I might be interested, but how much would you want for them? I don't have a lot of money.

"Only one, Human captain, ever survived the Minbari fleet. He is behind me, you, are in front of me. If you value your lives, then be somewhere else." Delenn.

miles375

Report this Dec. 30 2010, 3:21 pm

I remember them, infact I have the whole set in my loft collecting dust. I intend to sort them out one day and keep them handy to refer to as and when I want to.

Live Long and Prosper

Ghostmojo

Report this Jan. 20 2011, 4:39 am

I'd be happy to flog the lot of mine to anybody prepared to come and get them (but that is in the north west of England). Email me if interested on ghostmojo@hotmail.co.uk.

to boldy go where no man has gone before

FleetAdmiral_BamBam

Report this Jan. 20 2011, 10:52 am

That's a little far for those of us in the US.

Mattylad1979

Report this Mar. 11 2011, 4:35 am

Hey all,

I got them right up until the end and I love them. So much so that I'm thinking of doing additions for TAS as this has never been done. Already designed schematics for the Scouter-Gig which I am very proud of.

Take care,

Mattylad1979

vulcan7

Report this Mar. 11 2011, 5:49 pm

I used to get them al the time,in fact i still got some.

OtakuJo

Report this Mar. 12 2011, 1:10 am

I actually have a wonderful memory regarding the Fact Files.

I was on holiday in Tasmania I think it was... and happened to enter a second hand book store, where I bought a copy of the "Captain's Logs" and also had with me a DS9 book that I was reading at the time.

(I forget which)

Seeing that I was interested in Star Trek, the shopkeeper asked me the obvious question, "Oh are you interested in Star Trek, then?" to which I of course answered with an emphatic affirmative.

He then told me that he had something really cool that I might like to see. He led me to a part of the book shop where someone had sold him EVERY fact-file in their consituent folders, and told me that while I was waiting to rendezvous with my lift home, I was welcome to browse through these files for as long as I liked.

And then he got me a little chair to sit on so that I would be comfy while doing so. I did not have the required cash to purchase these files, and thought that transporting such a heavy load all the way back to New Zealand with me might take some hefty strategic maneouvring...

But for that moment, I was happier than a Klingon in a blood-shower, as I sat in the corner and flipped through these fact files to my little heart's content!