New Star Trek Game?

Created by: Spockhearter1

Spockhearter1

Report this Dec. 29 2010, 2:17 pm

I really think there should be another Star Trek Game. My answer would be 1.

I'm curious about what you think...

"Facinating."

Aarron123

Report this Dec. 29 2010, 8:39 pm

I voted Definately!!! To a level, the popularity of a game shows the popularity of the series. A successful game would show the people want Trek! I would personally prefer if it is not a starship game, but rather play as a person and walk around the ships/planets, but whatever keeps Trek going!
Part of the worry of it is the lack of popularity of other games, but if they put out a really good game, and not an online one because not everyone can afford online subscriptions, then I think it would be a really good thing. I'd love to see a game where you could be Kirk or Spock or one of the TOS crew, or a TNG version. Elite Force is my favorite, but I wish you could either make your own character or play as one of the main cast. A lot of the games out in the last 5 to 10 years are simular and don't interest everyone. Variety is good. Star Trek lego would be awesome!

"Fate, it protects fools, small children, and ships called Enterprise" - Will Riker

GambitRealm

Report this Dec. 30 2010, 9:18 am

Quote: Aarron123 @ Dec. 29 2010, 8:39 pm

Have you tried out our new fan-created game? We are building the entire original series Enterprise where you can walk around inside and make everything work. Currently we have a downloadable demo where you can move shuttles up and down the elevator and take one out for a spin to perform various test missions (obstacle course, target practice, etc). There is also a patch that unlocks the entire lower hull for you to explore.

Check it all out at http://gambitrealm.com

Aarron123

Report this Dec. 30 2010, 8:28 pm

I already downloaded it but when I try to start a new game, there is always an error right before it finishes loading the new game and it stops, so I can't play it. It looks cool though!

GambitRealm

Report this Dec. 30 2010, 9:22 pm

Quote: Aarron123 @ Dec. 30 2010, 8:28 pm

Hi again

Do you have latest version released December 23, 2010? It has better results in terms of compatibility... You can send questions to the address in the readme file in the installed directory for further troubleshooting.

Cheers
Paul W

SnugglePuff

Report this Jan. 06 2011, 9:04 am

Hell yeah, slam bang fps!!

There's no easy way in, that's why they send Marines in. Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. But, the Marines don't have that problem. Ronald Reagan, President of the United States; 1985

The Surviving Red Shirt

Report this Jan. 11 2011, 10:01 pm

Star trek legacy 2 please! Will a decent developer please pick up the licence and make that game!

We have shields. RAISE THEM! Weapons are coming back! DESTROYYY THEM!

CultOfByron

Report this Jan. 14 2011, 11:05 am

It honestly amazes me that no decent fan-made mods have ever been made for the many moddable FPS games out there; Unreal (1, 2 and 3), the Source engine, Quake to name but three. Perhaps I'm completely misreading the type of people that play these games and the type of people that make them, perhaps I also took for granted the stereotype of Trek fans as obsessive, computer nerd types (I actually mean this as a compliment!). Does anyone else have any thoughts as to why no Total Conversion has ever successfully been produced or attempted by the Trek fanbase? Is it a silly legal thing? I need answers!

Supplemental - I am aware of the Convergence mod for DS9: The Fallen, and the (currently) ill-fated Enterprise: Temporal Cold War mod for Half-Life 2. If I have missed any then please direct me to them.

Caesar753

Report this Jan. 15 2011, 8:34 pm

Definitely time for a new game.  Star Trek Online didn't quite cut it.  I would love to see a Legacy type game, but made by a better studio.

jhensley1999

Report this Jan. 29 2011, 8:58 pm

Star Trek Armada 3. The second game was awesome, time for a 3rd.

Galaxy-class

Report this Feb. 04 2011, 8:15 am

There needs to be a sequel to Star Trek Legacy, however, with more ships.

murrayb88

Report this Feb. 10 2011, 11:51 pm

Quote: Galaxy-class @ Feb. 04 2011, 8:15 am

>There needs to be a sequel to Star Trek Legacy, however, with more ships.
Totally agree, a good squeal with a good story the rampant vulcan was weak. I Like that it went through all the series. But an angry vulcan who inadvertantly starts the borg, come on we can do better than that. And i should be able to customize the ship physically and the techno in the ship. I prefer the starship games but it would be nice to have a chance to walk around your ship have crew interactions.

Alt Lexington

Report this Mar. 26 2011, 10:37 pm

I think we need an Ultimate Star Trek Bridge Commander game because there's not enough ship's in the standard game and you carn't leave the Bridge and explore the Ship's, plus the mods just cause an unfair imbalance for multiplayer game's. Also there need's to be a chat channel, and more thing's for the ship's to do other than just shooting Phaser's and torpedo's. ( and before you say it, i have tried the KM mod and it's great, ish)

I TOOK THE ADVICE AND BOLDLY WENT (NUTS).

Ezri Janeway

Report this Apr. 09 2011, 8:27 pm

I would like to see the love child of Mass Effect and any trek genre for the xbox 360.

Jem-Hadar

Report this Apr. 10 2011, 4:45 pm

I think we need another Starfleet Command game...... that was a great series!