Would you buy a Voyager technical manual?

Created by: Matthias Russell

Matthias Russell

Report this Dec. 26 2010, 6:58 am

If any of you have the TNG or DS9 tech manuals, they were great!  The new Haynes manual doesn't even mention Voyager, not that it would provide any useful insight.  I would like a VOY edition, written by the designers of the ship and sets. How about you?

JaydenJaneway

Report this Dec. 26 2010, 10:33 am

i would love to have one since voyager is my favorite

JOYOFVGR

Report this Dec. 26 2010, 10:56 am

I thought there was one. Vgrbabe used to refer to Voyager's technical specs all the time. I figured she got that out of a manual.

I like everybody, even the people I don't like. They make things interesting. ;) Trying to get into the Nexus? Use this link: http://s13.zetaboards.com/NexusTrek/index/

Lynx677

Report this Dec. 26 2010, 1:41 pm

Yes, I would buy it. I wish that someone would come up with one.

Who'd let that cat in here?

Caesar753

Report this Dec. 26 2010, 2:59 pm

Yes, in a heartbeat.

Matthias Russell

Report this Dec. 26 2010, 6:14 pm

Quote: JOYOFVGR @ Dec. 26 2010, 10:56 am

Nope, no such thing. The odd thing is, I understand there being no enthusiasm for a manual by the end of Ent, but by the end of Voy, there should have been some enthusiasm left for such a book.

FleetAdmiral_BamBam

Report this Dec. 26 2010, 7:04 pm

absolutely

Lieutenant_Jedi

Report this Dec. 26 2010, 9:13 pm

Yes, even though I would prefer that a friend buy it and I borrow it.

"Can you detect midi - chlorians with a tricorder?"

Matthias Russell

Report this Dec. 27 2010, 5:34 am

Quote: Lieutenant_Jedi @ Dec. 26 2010, 9:13 pm

Yes, even though I would prefer that a friend buy it and I borrow it.

Promise to return it in perfect condition? They are useful at work.

trekhed68

Report this Dec. 27 2010, 7:36 am

Sure, why not?

Actually, one of my all-time favorite Trek products was a software program called Captain's Chair, which offered 360-degree views of 5 starship bridges, including Voyager. You could fire phasers and torpedoes, even initiate the ship's self-destruct mechanism (and yes--the ship did "blow up" when the sequence reached zero!)

"Those who would sacrifice essential Liberty in order to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." -- Benjamin Franklin

John Woods

Report this Dec. 27 2010, 2:43 pm

I would buy it.

Trekkie 12

Report this Dec. 28 2010, 7:01 am

My TNG one is awesome! I think that I would buy it!

Pain is a thing of the mind. The mind can be controlled. -Spock

brcarthey

Report this Dec. 31 2010, 4:40 pm

there is an unfinished voyager manual out there in PDF format circulating on the internet. i have it.

Matthias Russell

Report this Dec. 31 2010, 5:37 pm

Quote: brcarthey @ Dec. 31 2010, 4:40 pm

Post the link if you have it. It's clear CBS and the Trek publishers have no interest in commissioning a useful technical manual. The Haynes manual was so simplistic as to be insulting.

Vardonir

Report this Jan. 01 2011, 2:05 am

The Voyager tech manual... Is out there. Somewhere. I got mine off a torrent, but I have no idea where it is (the file, or the torrent) now. It's not hard to find. And it wasn't unfinished, just "version 1," methinks. Subtitled, "Or which button do I push to fire the phasers?" There was nothing new (i.e., unused in the show) in there.

Though, if there were a true Voyager manual, I'd hunt it down online, too. (because it'll never be available out here) Especially if there's a deck-by-deck blueprint of the ship. *evil laugh*

「マーキーの心。」 私はヴォイジャです。