ATTENTION: The Boards will be closed permanently on May 28th, 2014. Posting will be disabled on April 28th, 2014. More Info

Where are our posters?

Tureaz'47

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 2605

Report this Dec. 21 2010, 9:49 pm

Heaps. Lost under the tree in the striped box somewhere?


Seems that way.. Love you heaps my posting and non posting buddies..


Take care out there...


Ture.

BirdofPrey102

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 20

Report this Dec. 21 2010, 10:04 pm

I know I've been gone for a year or two, but I've never seen it this empty before!

BetaJohn

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 30

Report this Dec. 21 2010, 10:33 pm

They've been reported! Congratulations.

I'll tell you like it is.

Vol_Returns

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 22

Report this Dec. 22 2010, 1:46 am

Hello all ! It's good to be back. What did I miss?

"Sometimes it's either you or no one, and if you can't live with no one, then it's up to you" - Mackenzie Calhoun

Lieutenant_Jedi

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 1728

Report this Dec. 22 2010, 7:56 am

First it is the holidays. Second there has not been that much new content to talk about.

"Can you detect midi - chlorians with a tricorder?"

Beccs_

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 41931

Report this Dec. 22 2010, 10:04 am

Most have either gone to Sci-fi Alliance:


http://s6.zetaboards.com/Star_Trek_Alliance/index/


Or SB63' Star Trek Logs:


http://s15.invisionfree.com/sb63s_Star_Trek_Logs/


Both are good sites and it's there you'll find many of the people who used to frequent these boards.  Both sites welcome anyone, with a few obvious exceptions.  Like Seer, I'm biased since I created Alliance some years back.

FleetAdmiral_BamBam

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 46309

Report this Dec. 22 2010, 3:26 pm

Well, if the admins would give us updates as to what's going on, people might be more willing to stay instead of dealing with a "beta" site for several months.

K_tigress

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 3761

Report this Dec. 22 2010, 9:04 pm

There's been a clean up of unsavories. People who feel the need to abuse freedom of speech, bad mouth fellow users and disrespect the fact that young fans like to come here too.
But don't worry, as time goes by new people will come and fill the void est.
Over all that and the fact there still needs to be a lot of bugs that still need to be worked out. Also the busy Holiday season too takes away users.

He felt that his whole life was some kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it. -Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

Beccs_

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 41931

Report this Dec. 22 2010, 10:14 pm

Quote: K_tigress @ Dec. 22 2010, 9:04 pm

There's been a clean up of unsavories. People who feel the need to abuse freedom of speech, bad mouth fellow users and disrespect the fact that young fans like to come here too. But don't worry, as time goes by new people will come and fill the void est. Over all that and the fact there still needs to be a lot of bugs that still need to be worked out. Also the busy Holiday season too takes away users.


Actually, a good number of new users end up as victims of a report campaign from at least one paranoid "member" who was ban on sight here for causing trouble and now has multiple duals that it uses to report anyone it assumes to be someone it doesn't like.

I know of several who have had accounts suspended simply because this "person" reported them multiple times with multiple accounts. THat's PART of the reason this community won't flourish the way it did.

For a start, it's no longer a community.

ANd yeah, this post will be screen captured and added to a long list of such screen captures this predator uses to stalk other members.

FleetAdmiral_BamBam

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 46309

Report this Dec. 23 2010, 8:01 am

Quote: Beccs_ @ Dec. 22 2010, 10:14 pm

Quote: K_tigress @ Dec. 22 2010, 9:04 pm

There's been a clean up of unsavories. People who feel the need to abuse freedom of speech, bad mouth fellow users and disrespect the fact that young fans like to come here too. But don't worry, as time goes by new people will come and fill the void est. Over all that and the fact there still needs to be a lot of bugs that still need to be worked out. Also the busy Holiday season too takes away users.
Actually, a good number of new users end up as victims of a report campaign from at least one paranoid "member" who was ban on sight here for causing trouble and now has multiple duals that it uses to report anyone it assumes to be someone it doesn't like. I know of several who have had accounts suspended simply because this "person" reported them multiple times with multiple accounts. THat's PART of the reason this community won't flourish the way it did. For a start, it's no longer a community. ANd yeah, this post will be screen captured and added to a long list of such screen captures this predator uses to stalk other members.
So much for people learning "tolerance" from Star Trek...

wissa

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 4026

Report this Dec. 23 2010, 10:13 am

two other boards you might want to check out


 


http://s14.zetaboards.com/wissaboos_board/index/


 


http://forums.thestartreknexus.com/index/


 


you can see most of the boards without joining.


We welcome st.com refugees! click on the image

wissa

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 4026

Report this Dec. 23 2010, 10:15 am

Quote: K_tigress @ Dec. 22 2010, 9:04 pm

Over all that and the fact there still needs to be a lot of bugs that still need to be worked out.


^ that. At times the bugs on this board have made it almost impossible to post.

We welcome st.com refugees! click on the image

FleetAdmiral_BamBam

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 46309

Report this Dec. 23 2010, 11:32 am

Quote: wissa @ Dec. 23 2010, 10:15 am

Quote: K_tigress @ Dec. 22 2010, 9:04 pm

Over all that and the fact there still needs to be a lot of bugs that still need to be worked out.
^ that. At times the bugs on this board have made it almost impossible to post.
sometimes it's been impossible - a couple of days ago, I tried to post and the board just stopped responding - I couldn't get to it for about 15 minutes.

Matthias Russell

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 7705

Report this Dec. 23 2010, 11:50 am

I came here cause it's the "official" boards. Of course the official admins don't do anything but delete posts and people and don't seem to care about their product. And if they are apathetic, it's bound to become contagious.

2 specific member related issues I've observed are offensive posts that have hurt others' feelings (especially in the homosexual conversations) and a lack of original ideas to talk about.

sonofspock1

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 6481

Report this Dec. 23 2010, 4:01 pm

Quote: Beccs_ @ Dec. 22 2010, 10:04 am

>

>Most have either gone to Sci-fi Alliance:

>http://s6.zetaboards.com/Star_Trek_Alliance/index/

>Or SB63' Star Trek Logs:

>http://s15.invisionfree.com/sb63s_Star_Trek_Logs/

>Both are good sites and it's there you'll find many of the people who used to frequent these boards.  Both sites welcome anyone, with a few obvious exceptions.  Like Seer, I'm biased since I created Alliance some years back.

>
I miss that avatar!


Am I biased because I perfer those two to this one?


"I'm going to count to three, and then I'm going to move the coin."

Forum Permissions

You cannot post new topics in this forum

You cannot reply to topics in this forum

You cannot delete posts in this forum