Odo: A good idea?

Created by: Trekkie 12

Trekkie 12

Report this Dec. 12 2010, 8:41 am

I love Odo! Especially in The Siege where he turns into a pony, so funny!

DS9 GreenCruiser

Report this Dec. 12 2010, 2:55 pm

I still remember the very first time I seen him with the dad and 2 brothers watching the first episode off DS9 and when he was shot and and the beam goes through him we were like Wow so cool wow that was good a great moment . He is a great character and has a great story too .

Fire Disruptors

Lieutenant_Jedi

Report this Dec. 12 2010, 6:43 pm

Great Character, Great story, great actor.

One of the most unique and best Star Trek Characters ever created.

"Can you detect midi - chlorians with a tricorder?"

iBorg13

POSTS: 1944

Report this Dec. 12 2010, 7:53 pm

Odo is MEAN! 'The Shiz'.

Matthias Russell

Report this Dec. 13 2010, 9:50 am

I liked odo for the same reason I liked the doctor- super smart guy but immature socially who over the course of the show learns who he is. I didn't like the kira romance though. To me, by nature, changlings wouldn't care for solid relationships, it just isn't in their makeup. I felt him staying with the solids for kira also made him one dimensional.

Wish they would have mentioned the ST VI changeling as being one of the hundred.

24thcenstfan

Report this Dec. 13 2010, 10:06 am

Great character addition. I liked that he was not the usual slap some ridges on a forehead/nose alien.

Join us @ => KEEP ON TREKKIN'

A Friendly Sci-Fi Community!

Matthias Russell

Report this Dec. 13 2010, 10:33 am

Why couldn't odo form a nose or ears but he could form hair?

iBorg13

POSTS: 1944

Report this Dec. 13 2010, 10:41 am

In "The Alternate" (I think) Dr Mora visits the station. Dr Mora is the old scientist who was assigned to Odo. Mora comments that Odo still hasn't got the nose right. That would suggest that the nose has always been a difficult attribute to master, apparently, hair wasn't hard.

JaydenJaneway

Report this Dec. 13 2010, 3:32 pm

he's supposed to be a shape shifter but he hardly ever changed into anything else in the series. i didnt hate him but they couldve done alot more with his character.

Dendodge

Report this Dec. 13 2010, 3:47 pm

Odo was a fascinating character. Not only did he link in well with the Dominion storyline, he also came closest to filling the role of the outsider looking in on humanity (usually filled by Vulcans, except in Data's case, and otherwise lacking from DS9) of any character.

Matthias Russell

Report this Dec. 13 2010, 4:05 pm

Quote: JaydenJaneway @ Dec. 13 2010, 3:32 pm

Agreed, but that would have been REALLY expensive. That's why they held him back a bit.

kkt

Report this Dec. 14 2010, 11:56 pm

I thought Odo stayed mostly in humanoid form so that he could be friends with Kira.
He was a great character and Auberjonois played him superbly.

Trekkie 12

Report this Dec. 15 2010, 2:24 pm

Yes, I agree with most of you! I would think that him being a table or something wold be cheap? Oh, by the way, I just got the 1st season of DS9!!! Only $40 too. I like Odo...

Pain is a thing of the mind. The mind can be controlled. -Spock

Pappy002

Report this Dec. 17 2010, 1:32 am

Quote: Matthias Russell @ Dec. 13 2010, 10:33 am

Why couldn't odo form a nose or ears but he could form hair?

Odo wasn't as skilled as other changlings, he says on a few occasions how he has a difficult time forming humanoid faces. As for his hair, he copied the hair style of Dr. Mora.

Brunt, FCA!

Matthias Russell

Report this Dec. 17 2010, 7:32 am

My point is hair is harder to form than facial features.