Who thinks Captain Benjamin Sisko is the Best Captain in Star Trek

Created by: DammitJim6200

DammitJim6200

Report this Dec. 11 2010, 7:24 pm

Look...We know that Deep Space 9 was the DARK Star Trek a show that didn't really hit it until season 4 when Worf came on, but it really had some of the best stories in Star Trek, and out of all the captains in Star Trek,Ben Sisko is probably the one you don't ever want to cross, I think he and Picard is what a real captain would be like, but DS9 and Sisko dosen't seem to get real repect in Trek Fathom, WHY ? give us reasons, and please tell us why you feel Ben Sisko is Treks Best, Worst or average Captain, and when you vote, vote on his leadership and his effectiveness.

Lieutenant_Jedi

Report this Dec. 11 2010, 9:07 pm

I actually think that Sisko has gotten a lot of respect, but what hurt him is that he did not have an actual Starship for several seasons.

"Can you detect midi - chlorians with a tricorder?"

jesusismyadvocate

Report this Dec. 11 2010, 9:11 pm

He was a good Captain. Punching Q was stupid, though. You don't punch an omnipotent being if you are wise.

So this dyslexic walks into a bra...

UNTRugby

Report this Dec. 11 2010, 9:36 pm

Quote: jesusismyadvocate @ Dec. 11 2010, 9:11 pm

To quote an aisa song "it was the heat of the moment". I liked that sometimes he would let his emotions take over and theres no really right or wrong way to handle a qausi-omnipotent being

miklamar

Report this Dec. 11 2010, 9:55 pm

Oringinally, I thought Picard was the best captain.  But, after watching and reading about Sisko, I think he is better.  He is more like Kirk, but more-sophisticated.  After reading Station Rage, I was really impressed by his courage, determination and intelligence.  He is a great leader!

What tends to weaken his image, I think, is all that Bajoran stuff about the Emissary.  That whole storyline confuses me.  If Sisko were a normal person, like the other captains, I think more people would appreciate him more fully.

Matthias Russell

Report this Dec. 13 2010, 7:54 am

Sisko is MY favorite. I especially love how they developed his softer side and father-son relationship. I think he was the most relatable and approachable. He was an excellent warrior and tactician but not as deep and philosophical as picard, kirk, and janeway. I would gladly serve under him in battle but would want picard for diplomacy and exploration.

The things I don't like about him is I don't think avery brooks is as good an actor as stewart our frakes. His wobbly eyed stare and pauses between words when yelling was so funny that I found his rages comical. And I don't like how avery brooks pushed to use the character for civil rights issues. I thought sisko would be beyond that.

Lieutenant_Jedi

Report this Dec. 13 2010, 7:59 am

Picard is still my favorite - and MR really points out the reason. Patrick Stewart is the better actor. He is able to convey a depth of emotion, handle the technobabble, and generally be more of an inspiring leader. Avery Brooks does subtle humor and rage very well, but all his emotions seem to come in bursts, with little nuance.

Sisko was the perfect Captain for a show that basically portrayed a galaxy at war.

"Can you detect midi - chlorians with a tricorder?"

Matthias Russell

Report this Dec. 13 2010, 8:22 am

Right. And I could see sisko on voyager since they had to fight their way home. They fought more than they explored and sisko would probably shoot less often.

Lieutenant_Jedi

Report this Dec. 13 2010, 8:23 am

No - he would have been too emotional for that show, and Jake Sisko would have been unbearable on that tiny ship.

"Can you detect midi - chlorians with a tricorder?"

Matthias Russell

Report this Dec. 13 2010, 10:28 am

If sisko were on voyager and jake was left home, Jake would have made sure the ship was not declared lost and would have gotten them home sooner.

tribblenator999

Report this Dec. 13 2010, 11:15 am

sisko is good. He's better than picard and janeway. The only thing I didn't like about sisko was the way he talked it was like an annunciation contest or something when he delivered his lines. Sisko fights ok. Good chemistry with his crew. Good captain/administrator. I like kirk and archer more because these guys were more rock em sock em types.

"take us out"...

Camorite

Report this Dec. 13 2010, 2:33 pm

Quote: miklamar @ Dec. 11 2010, 9:55 pm

but up till the last two seasons they really didn't focus to much on his Emesary roll. It was just another subplot to the DS9 story.

"What i Hate more then anything else is someone that thinks that they know everything. That must mean that I really hate myself", "Freedom is the right of all setient beings!" (Optimus Prime: Transformers), "That's on small step for man, one giant leap for mankind!" Neil Armstrong 8-5-30 to 8-25-12

Matthias Russell

Report this Dec. 13 2010, 4:07 pm

Quote: miklamar @ Dec. 11 2010, 9:55 pm

You don't understand because you are caporial. The Sisko is of Bajor.

Kaijuman1967

Report this Dec. 14 2010, 7:33 am

KIRK is the best. period. sisko was a great captain, but he didn't have the sort of devil may care high adventure aditude as kirk, but he is a strong dynamic character, just not as inspiring as kirk

"THIS IS CETI ALPHA FIVE!!!"

Jason222

Report this Dec. 14 2010, 8:41 pm

It depend who campare Sisko with great Caption Kirk or Caption Archer. He not up thier level greatness. However 24 centruy Caption he much highter any other TNG Caption. If Caption Sisko command VOyager he only one think lead the Borg destory speical 8472.Form allies other races to stop after Speical 8472 done destory Borg.

Users browsing this forum: FleetAdmiral_BamBam