You know who would've made a wonderful sulu

tribblenator999

Report this Dec. 08 2010, 11:03 am

JaydenJaneway

Report this Dec. 08 2010, 11:08 am

i don't know that many asian actors for the role. and of course i didn't care much for that movie but i think the guy they chose was pretty good. if Garrett Wang hadn't did Voyager, he could've been a great candidate

Camorite

Report this Dec. 08 2010, 3:49 pm

Quote: tribblenator999 @ Dec. 08 2010, 11:03 am

"What i Hate more then anything else is someone that thinks that they know everything. That must mean that I really hate myself", "Freedom is the right of all setient beings!" (Optimus Prime: Transformers), "That's on small step for man, one giant leap for mankind!" Neil Armstrong 8-5-30 to 8-25-12

UNTRugby

Report this Dec. 08 2010, 4:16 pm

Quote: Camorite @ Dec. 08 2010, 3:49 pm

Quote: tribblenator999 @ Dec. 08 2010, 11:03 am

i think cho is a better actor than li but i think resemblance was a secondary factor chekov didnt look much like his counterpart

tribblenator999

Report this Dec. 08 2010, 5:22 pm

Quote: Camorite @ Dec. 08 2010, 3:49 pm

Quote: tribblenator999 @ Dec. 08 2010, 11:03 am

>you know for the new star trek they casted john cho as sulu. I always thought it would've been mindblowing if they got jet li for the role of sulu. That would've been awesome.

lol Sorry tribblenator, i just can't agree with that. In case you didn't notice they got actors that resembled the orginal cast in appearence, Jet li just would not have worked for the part of Sulu in the looks department.

with looks aside he would've made one bad ass sulu and kirk would've been jealous his kirk fu is no match for sulu's jet li kung fu

"take us out"...

Camorite

Report this Dec. 09 2010, 3:53 am

Quote: tribblenator999 @ Dec. 08 2010, 5:22 pm

Quote: Camorite @ Dec. 08 2010, 3:49 pm

Quote: tribblenator999 @ Dec. 08 2010, 11:03 am

they would have still found some way for Kirk to win, even against Jet Li

tribblenator999

Report this Dec. 09 2010, 8:09 am

Quote: Camorite @ Dec. 09 2010, 3:53 am

Quote: tribblenator999 @ Dec. 08 2010, 5:22 pm

Quote: Camorite @ Dec. 08 2010, 3:49 pm

Quote: tribblenator999 @ Dec. 08 2010, 11:03 am

they would have still found some way for Kirk to win, even against Jet Li

I know. It would've been funny if they fought side by side and kirk takes out 3 guys when jet sulu already took out 20 guys.

"take us out"...

Vger23

Report this Dec. 09 2010, 10:57 am

I was hoping it would be the guy who played "Mr. Chow" in "The Hangover." THAT would have been wonderful.

I AM KEE-ROCK!!

___Lucifer___

Report this Dec. 12 2010, 11:59 pm

LOLZ, Jet Li's English is truly awful. Sulu grew up in San Francisco, he needs to have good English. Cho got the job done and did it well.

madmartian72

Report this Dec. 13 2010, 1:46 pm

They need a martial arts guy like Jet Li or Jackie Chan or Ray Park to play a Klingon. That'd be awesome! Klingon Ninjas! If the guys in the TMNT costumes could do Ninja moves, I'm sure it'd be easier in a Klingon outfit.

Level of fandom actually falls somewhere between "I never miss an episode" and "I catch an episode now and then." I do not own a uniform or toys or anything but I did design my own TOS-era starship. Check it out in the Artful Explorations gallery. And I have a few TOS episodes from iTunes.

tribblenator999

Report this Dec. 13 2010, 3:16 pm

Quote: madmartian72 @ Dec. 13 2010, 1:46 pm

it was a waste when during the 60s gene roddenberry should've tried to get bruce lee on the show as a guest starring villain against captain kirk. that would've been epic.

"take us out"...

Users browsing this forum: crimsyn