What design would you have preferred for the 2009 Enterprise?

Matthias Russell

Report this Dec. 06 2010, 6:16 pm

Of all the Constitution revisits I've seen, I like this one best.

Matthias Russell

Report this Dec. 06 2010, 6:19 pm

JaydenJaneway

Report this Dec. 06 2010, 6:22 pm

that one actually looks great. i like it

Matthias Russell

Report this Dec. 06 2010, 6:26 pm

Matthias Russell

Report this Dec. 06 2010, 6:27 pm

Finally got it working!

This one is better but can't get it to post

Matthias Russell

Report this Dec. 07 2010, 4:29 am

I believe that's a different iteration of the same design. The artist is named gabe. I love it! It takes the Jeffries design and makes it look more futurey. Faithful to the old but entirely new and much more beautiful.

jamesspock1

Report this Dec. 07 2010, 7:43 am

Quote: /view_profile/ @

I like this design.

Yep nice model, and like russell said, pays respect to the classic.

Vger23

Report this Dec. 07 2010, 10:03 am

I would have prefered an unaltered version of the TV (1967) or movie (TMP) design. I'm not a fan of the new design at all.

I AM KEE-ROCK!!

Matthias Russell

Report this Dec. 07 2010, 12:11 pm

I like the refit but I think it's important to look more like the original.

AdmiralArcher33

Report this Dec. 07 2010, 4:30 pm

Quote: Vger23 @ Dec. 07 2010, 10:03 am

I totally agree, I never liked the new movie design.

They have two settings: stun and kill... It'd be best not to confuse them. ~~ Lt. Reed

Pooneil

Report this Dec. 17 2010, 1:13 pm

So that basically takes the components of the design they went with, but uses the proportions of the original ship. Making it immeasurably better.

andoriangrey

Report this Dec. 17 2010, 1:33 pm

I like the picture presented, but I was hoping for a more "substantial" secondary hull, perhaps longer than the saucer/primary hull. Also, in the movie version, it's rear end seems too "pinched". Reverting to the cylindrical warp nacelles was a good move, but I wished the mounting pylons were set more forward, like on 1701A, like wings sprouting out from the "spinal column". I know this sounds so untechnical. It's a purely visual "aesthetics" thing.

ebbandit2

Report this Dec. 23 2010, 6:46 am

Look at my avatar. Nuff said.

Doc Boomstick

Report this Dec. 23 2010, 11:20 am

I liked the new Enterprise. It still looked like the original but had a modern flare. I would not have liked an exact replica of the original. It might have been boring and I was never crazy about that retro-looking deflector dish. On the other hand, I'm glad they didn't make the mistake of making it too modern looking. If we had seen something like the E, which is a great looking ship, I would not have been happy.

Matthias Russell

Report this Dec. 23 2010, 11:38 am

The scale of the abramsprise is what kills me the most. Sure it has good curves but it looks misformed with some parts too fat and others too narrow. I have yet to see an angle where it looks aesthetically pleasing, and I've tried. What I like most are the nacelles but why are the intakes not red?!?

Users browsing this forum: JOYOFVGR