In what order should the various series be watched?

Pulu

Report this Dec. 06 2010, 11:11 am

Hi there, a Star Trek newbie would need some assistance so thought this might be the place to ask. I tried to google some info about this but didn't really think that I got a very clear picture of the various time lines and such. So far I've only seen the latest Enterprise series from start to finish and just a a few episodes here and there from the other series. I don't want to watch the original series really so I'm mostly interested in the ones from 90's and forward. I also read that some of the series ran alongside others. Should I watch them together like that or do they work just as well as stand alone series? Thanks in advance!

Vger23

Report this Dec. 06 2010, 1:06 pm

I'd simply watch them in production order.

I think you're really doing yourself a disservice by not watching the orignial series. It ain't all about special FX and sets, brother.

I AM KEE-ROCK!!

JaydenJaneway

Report this Dec. 06 2010, 5:56 pm

the best way to watch them in order of timelines are
1. Enterprise
2. The Original Series
3. The Next Generation
4. Deep Space Nine
5. Voyager

Camorite

Report this Dec. 06 2010, 6:03 pm

Quote: JaydenJaneway @ Dec. 06 2010, 5:56 pm

the best way to watch them in order of timelines are 1. Enterprise 2. The Original Series 3. The Next Generation 4. Deep Space Nine 5. Voyager

I agree as this is the chronological order of the series.

"What i Hate more then anything else is someone that thinks that they know everything. That must mean that I really hate myself", "Freedom is the right of all setient beings!" (Optimus Prime: Transformers), "That's on small step for man, one giant leap for mankind!" Neil Armstrong 8-5-30 to 8-25-12

five-card stud, nothing
wild... and the sky's the
limit.

Report this Dec. 06 2010, 6:26 pm

if you don't watch TOS you will always regret it. It is was one of the best

Elim Garak: Truth is an excuse for a lack of imagination.

Caesar753

Report this Dec. 06 2010, 7:25 pm

I agree with Vger; watch them in production order.  Don't forget to throw the movies in there too.

iBorg13

TOS
TAS
TNG
DS9
VOY
ENT

iBorg13 has the right idea, start with TOS then on thru to ENT.

bortaS bIr jablu'DI' reH QaQqu' nay'.

five-card stud, nothing
wild... and the sky's the
limit.

Report this Dec. 06 2010, 7:44 pm

thats the order i am watching them in

Elim Garak: Truth is an excuse for a lack of imagination.

DS9 GreenCruiser

Report this Dec. 07 2010, 1:58 pm

Watch them the way you are TOS should be next as you have seen Enterprise . After you see all offf Tos you should watch the first 6 films and then start watching TNG ,then DS9, Then Voyager and the Next Gen film,s maybe after you have seen all off TNG .

Fire Disruptors

Dendodge

Report this Dec. 07 2010, 3:25 pm

Chronological order would be:
1. ENT
2. TOS
3. TMP
4. TWOK
5. TSFS
6. TVH
7. TFF
8. TUC
9. TNG (s1-5)
10. TNG (s6-7)/DS9 (s1-2)
11. DS9 (s3-7)/VOY (s1-5)/GEN/FC/INS
12. VOY (s6-7)
13. NEM

If you watch things in roughly that order, you'll be getting it in almost perfect chronological order (where things share bullet points, they happened at around the same time - Insurrection, for example, is generally believed to have occurred during DS9's seventh season).

Users browsing this forum: Drunkin Druid, darmokattanagra