William Shatner in the new Star Trek film concept

jeffblacky

Report this Dec. 05 2010, 11:37 am

Idea , cast Shatner as the Mirror, Mirror villian against new cast of the new series. Think of a old 70 year old James Kirk, over weight and grizzly looking with eye path with a old Motion Picture 1701A enterprise, of course weathered and damaged, hopefully as idea to cast surviving members as crew. Reason for this? Mirror, mirror Kirk never faced his Prime timeline version for the original series episode "Mirror, Mirror" nor got 'satisfaction' for the interference. Not time travel, but dimensional travel, only to the wrong set of events.

It would be a good way to include Shatner and settle some fandom 'debates'. Please consider. Might also be a way to bring in the infamous Doomsday machine.

Lieutenant_Jedi

Report this Dec. 05 2010, 1:53 pm

Just letting fat Shatner squeeze back into his uniform is reason enough for me to go back to the theater!

"Can you detect midi - chlorians with a tricorder?"

Vger23

Report this Dec. 05 2010, 2:44 pm

I AM KEE-ROCK!!

jesusismyadvocate

Report this Dec. 05 2010, 2:56 pm

They would need to get him on the tread mill first (sorry Bill) but if he wanted to be lazy about it he could just get liposuction. Would be healthy for him too, if he lost weight.

So this dyslexic walks into a bra...

Hawklord

Report this Dec. 05 2010, 6:21 pm

That would stop me from seeing the new movie!

2takesfrakes

Report this Dec. 05 2010, 7:23 pm

That there are people who want to see
him in STAR TREK still, is a real testament
to how loved the old fart is. Other than
Michael Jackson, I can't think of another
celeb whom an audience would accept in his
familiar role, no matter how bad he looked.

2takesfrakes

Report this Dec. 05 2010, 9:56 pm

It is impossible! I'm sorry.
Shatner has not played Kirk
since The Motion Picture,
and that's the truth. From
Wrath of Khan, onwards, he
was playing him as TJ Hooker.

fizzbinruyle

Report this Dec. 06 2010, 6:00 am

SHat should be used. I cannot believe my fellow trekkies see the soultion to ANY appearance issues.
C'mon kids. Does the word AVATAR mean any thing to any of you or perhaps CGI? Lets use his immese talent, facilal features and do any trimming, which I think is not needed any way and have him be not only included, but integral, like Nimoy just was.

jesusismyadvocate

Report this Dec. 06 2010, 6:03 am

Oh Macbeth, you murdered me babies. You killed me wife! you SHAT in me stew.

So this dyslexic walks into a bra...

fizzbinruyle

Report this Dec. 06 2010, 6:37 am

Oh death, where is thy sting?
Ok maybe this premise:
The new cast gets in to, and eventually out of a major scrape with an as yet unnamed alien race.
Pandemonium ensues, and in the end game we are all treated to a rescue by an omnipotent current day Shatner, much like the ending of "Charlie X" from the original series.
We would get Bill in all of his Priceline glory, accompanied by his new "bond villain - Asian looking" side kick from the commercials, where upon he offers us but one mysterious explanation:
“You can’t argue with the big deal”………

Seriously though "advocate"; he (Jesus) is mine too, and you have made me smile today!

cptdon

Report this Dec. 27 2010, 2:28 pm

I think I could enjoy a movie like this!

arc29

Report this Dec. 27 2010, 10:18 pm

Quote: 2takesfrakes @ Dec. 05 2010, 7:23 pm

That there are people who want to see him in STAR TREK still, is a real testament to how loved the old fart is. Other than Michael Jackson, I can't think of another celeb whom an audience would accept in his familiar role, no matter how bad he looked.

ARCAIN29

Doc Boomstick

Report this Dec. 27 2010, 10:56 pm

If we are going to wheel any old farts back out of retirement to appease Trekkies, it better be Patrick Stewart.

Ghostmojo

Report this Dec. 28 2010, 3:23 am

Why not bring back Shatner as an aging and overweight Klingon? That would be fun. Like having Charlton Heston as an ape in the POTA remake.

to boldy go where no man has gone before

megan512

Report this Dec. 29 2010, 8:17 am

Quote: Ghostmojo @ Dec. 28 2010, 3:23 am

That would be hilarious! Definitely made my day. xD

I do like the "Mirror, Mirror" idea, though. It's an idea that would actually work and it would be pretty interesting, too.