Captain Kirk or Captain Picard

Created by: Captian Rolph

Captian Rolph

Report this Dec. 04 2010, 7:40 pm

Kirk>Picard

Please don't vote "A". This is my first time making a poll on these fourms.

He's dead Jim.

Serenity89

Report this Dec. 04 2010, 7:54 pm

I love this question because everyone gives a very good answer and explanation. Honestly i think Kirk was the best! He was the captain who started it all. He toom charge and made sure his ship was taken care of. now im not saying Picard wasnt not a good Captain, he was a great captain, I love Picard, but i have to give my vote to Kirk.

"Let's make sure history never forgets the name Enterprise!!!"

Adjiputro

Report this Dec. 05 2010, 5:59 am

The question is quite interesting, I never thought anyone would ask whether I prefer Kirk or Picard, but honestly, I prefer Picard, because he is a very interesting character.

fortune favors the bold

johnd777

Report this Dec. 05 2010, 8:32 am

Kirk is the adventurer Picard the rationalist.

Kirk (especially the new Kirk) is what I'd pay to see.

If I wanted reminding of everything I ought to do even though it goes against my every impulse.. then I'd just live the life we all face daily... for free... and that's not entertainment.

Patrick Stewart is a good actor. Nothing against him. I'd just rather watch Riker at the Command than a version of the Captain of the ill fated USS Odyssey.

johnd777

Report this Dec. 05 2010, 8:45 am

People need an escape

Matthias Russell

Report this Dec. 05 2010, 9:55 am

I voted for "who do like better". Polling error, lol.

johnd777

Report this Dec. 05 2010, 10:45 am

LOL

tribblenator999

Report this Dec. 05 2010, 10:51 am

Let's see. Kirk is better than Picard. Kirk has a sense of humor. Picard is just unapproachable and too high up there. Kirk can fight. Picard can't fight. Kirk kicks butt in space ship battles even if he's outmatched. Picard gets the enterprise destroyed multiple times in time loops. Kirk has better eulogies. Kirk knew when to retire while Picard just wont' let anyone else take the captains chair. New Kirk is even cooler since he's a crazy son of a gun that's more impulsive than prime kirk.

"take us out"...

Camorite

Report this Dec. 05 2010, 11:54 am

Quote: Matthias Russell @ Dec. 05 2010, 9:55 am

I voted for "who do like better". Polling error, lol.

same here, but only becuase i don't have a preference between the two of them. They both have thier good points and thier bad ones. Besides, IMO, this debate was outdated the moment that they introduced Sisko to the mix.

"What i Hate more then anything else is someone that thinks that they know everything. That must mean that I really hate myself", "Freedom is the right of all setient beings!" (Optimus Prime: Transformers), "That's on small step for man, one giant leap for mankind!" Neil Armstrong 8-5-30 to 8-25-12

JaydenJaneway

Report this Dec. 05 2010, 12:44 pm

i like picard more

Roboto

Report this Dec. 05 2010, 1:58 pm

Picard is the best. No explanation necessary.

jesusismyadvocate

Report this Dec. 05 2010, 2:52 pm

Okay Tribblenator999, James Kirk MAY, and I stress MAY, be all the good things you say he is and Picard MAY be as bad as you say he is but Kirk could be such an idiot and I'll prove it. Remember TOS episode "the Apple"? Well, Kirk goes to this planet where the population is completely ignorant of violence, which is important to keep in mind. As the away team from the Enterprise is traveling along Spock alerts Kirk that someone is watching them and following at a distance. Kirk decides to double back, all stealthy, and try find the guy. When he does, the moron runs up to the man, who is not threatening him in any way, and simply decks him with no warning or word. The guy then gets up and begins to cry because no one has ever attacked him in his life before the "genius", that is Kirk, arrived on his planet .

When I sat there watching that episode I could only think to myself what a complete idiot Kirk was. You see Picard would've actually tried TALKING to the alien FIRST, a startling concept, I know. Quite revolutionary. Picard avoided fights because he was a scholar, a gentleman, a diplomat, and most importantly he felt the burden and responsibility of the lives that he was entrusted to protect. Kirk had no civilians on his ship, Picard's ship was filled with families and children.

Picard could fight it out with the best of them, but he carefully weighed out all the consequence before rushing in. He thought Strategically and only resorted to violence as a last resort. That's what makes him a better leader and thus a better Captain. Maybe Kirk was more of a stud but that doesn't make him a good leader.

So this dyslexic walks into a bra...

tribblenator999

Report this Dec. 05 2010, 4:41 pm

to jesusismyadvocate. Kirk is action first consequence later kind of captain. In that episode the apple he already lost a few red shirts so he had every right to deck a person that was spying on them. Kirk can do the things picard does too however instead of being a scholar, gentleman, diplomat--- Kirk is a explorer, soldier, time-traveler, and diplomat. His style of diplomacy is something picard can't do and it's cowboy diplomacy. Also having families/civilians on starships is stupid, it's a liability. They got rid of that in ds9/voyager/tng movies.

"take us out"...

Trekkie 12

Report this Dec. 05 2010, 5:23 pm

Oh, I couldn't decide because they are so different!  But I chose Kirk because he is energetic and there were less rules and more starship fights...

Pain is a thing of the mind. The mind can be controlled. -Spock

five-card stud, nothing
wild... and the sky's the
limit.

Report this Dec. 05 2010, 6:33 pm

Kirk because he gets out of his chair and goes to the planet more than 3 times a season

Elim Garak: Truth is an excuse for a lack of imagination.