which is your favorite vulcan?

trekkie264692

Report this Nov. 28 2010, 7:39 am

is it spock? is it sarek? is it the one in the new movie or the original?

THIS WAS SENT BY A TRUE TREKKIE _\V/ (__) live long and prosper

Roboto

Report this Nov. 28 2010, 2:26 pm

Spock! Doh!

I prefer my dear Nimoy, but Quinto did a pretty decent job portraying a young Spock.

captain saavik

Report this Nov. 28 2010, 2:28 pm

Spoc or sarek i cant choose my husband or my father in law oooooo sooo hard! lol my brain hurts

Roboto

Report this Nov. 28 2010, 2:29 pm

Quote: captain saavik @ Nov. 28 2010, 2:28 pm

Saavik! I am floored! Do you actually need to THINK about this???

captain saavik

Report this Nov. 28 2010, 2:44 pm

no i was joking haha of course MR.SPOCK HE IS MY HUSBAND DUH no issues there hunn

Spock913

Report this Nov. 28 2010, 5:25 pm

It will always be Spock, of course.

KLINGONDOG

Report this Nov. 28 2010, 6:43 pm

T'Pol is hot, Tuvok is cool, but my vote is for Mister Spock.

bortaS bIr jablu'DI' reH QaQqu' nay'.

AtoZ2

Report this Nov. 29 2010, 3:45 am

Spock, nuff said.

"Thank Pitch Forks and Pointed Ears"

Matthias Russell

Report this Nov. 29 2010, 4:15 am

I'm gonna get hate for this, but I'm going to go with Tuvok. I appreciate his well roundedness between duty and family (I base this mostly on relaunch books). I think he was the truest to the logical vulcan lifestyle, was loyal, a sense of duty, and never had bias against non vulcans. Several times in voyager, he used the principles of surak (who should be our favorite vulcan) to help others with their problems without putting down the emotional make up of other races. It was moving when he spoke of missing his wife and children but he did this without losing control. Of all the men kirk knew, Spock was the most human. Exactly, he was a good man, but not a great vulcan.

Also, shouldn't this be a poll or would it matter since obviously spock would win with t'pol in a distant second?

Ghostmojo

Report this Nov. 29 2010, 10:29 am

Always Spock (and always Nimoy). It would have been nice to have seen more of Sybok of course - and Sarek. Some situation when we see the three of them reunited (somehow) or when they were young on Vulcan. Mark Lenard was always brilliantly cool and understated as Sarek.

Tuvok is boring. He plays the dry totally emotionless Vulcanian to the point of distraction. When he lost his emotions (and much else of his faculties) and palsied up with Neelix and started making cakes and desserts he was more fun. They should have left him that way. It gave the actor Tim Russ a chance to finally breathe...

I also enjoyed Valeris (played by the wonderful Kim Catrall) who suggested a dry wit and playful character whilst somehow maintaining her Vulcan self-control. Not an easy thing to do and well done. She was another of Spock's proteges and a full Vulcan. I seem to remember Saavik was half-Romulan (correct me somebody if I'm wrong) and she too had some potential - totally lost when Kirstie Alley couldn't/wouldn't return (demanding way too much money - that's scientology for you!) to play her so they had the wooden Robin Curtis instead, who did nothing for the role or the interplay with David Marcus.

T'Pol is definitely a character that grew on me. The story of Enterprise is in many ways her story as she softens towards the humans - particularly Archer and especially Tucker - a microcosm of the Vulcans allowing themselves to trust and equate to the Terrans.

to boldy go where no man has gone before

captain_Jenny

Report this Nov. 29 2010, 11:55 am

I actually have one favourite Vulcan and he is Tuvok from star trek voyager.
the reason that i like tuvok is because i find that as he is Captain Janeway's chief tactical officer.Who try's to ignore the emotions and to concentrate even when "mr Neelix " is annoying him.

24thcenstfan

Report this Nov. 29 2010, 4:02 pm

Nimoy's Spock will always be a hard act to follow.

Join us @ => KEEP ON TREKKIN'

A Friendly Sci-Fi Community!

fireh8ter

Report this Dec. 01 2010, 1:48 am

Spock!

vulcan7

Report this Dec. 01 2010, 6:01 pm

spock

Matthias Russell

Report this Dec. 01 2010, 7:44 pm

Quote: /view_profile/ @

THE ANSWER IS T,POL HER CHARACTER WAS AMAZING AND FOR HER OBVIOUS REASONS SHE MY FAVOURUITE VULCAN.

Great body. Good character But not nearly stoic enough to be a Vulcan.