ATTENTION: The Boards will be closed permanently on May 28th, 2014. Posting will be disabled on April 28th, 2014. More Info

A PM function

Tureaz'47

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 2605

Report this Feb. 10 2011, 9:06 pm

Quote: Trekwolf164 @ Feb. 10 2011, 5:18 pm

Quote: /view_profile/ @

Why are you people badgering the admins here about this ? If they wanted this board to have a PM function, they'd've done it by now.
If you feel a need for something and never express the desire to have it . You may never get it. If you ask and it is denied then you know that your desire will remain unfulfilled


Yeah!

It's strange, being a catalyst for things that move outside.

CornishMonkey

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 13870

Report this Feb. 11 2011, 11:54 am

This is silly. Admin, make it so.

"What's wrong, Captain Picard?" "What's wrong? I'm a serious Shakespearian actor, and I'm talking to the ambassador of the F**KING WORM PEOPLE!"

Roboto

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 3883

Report this Feb. 11 2011, 10:15 pm

Quote: /view_profile/ @

Quote: /view_profile/ @

>Why are you people badgering the admins here about this ? If they wanted this board to have a PM function, they'd've done it by now.
Badgering, Father_J? thing is, they haven't let us know either way. If they would give us a reply one way or another as they have in other threads to say "Yes, we like the idea," or "No, we have no plans to add one" or even just to say "It is under consideration, we will let you know" would be more productive than no reply at all. We understand you are one of the few vocally not in favour of a PM system. We respect your postion to not desire one. Can you find it in yourself to respect our position as well?
Well said. Also, you know the saying... "The squeaky wheel gets the grease!"  


 



 


 


CO_Fowler

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 5508

Report this Feb. 12 2011, 10:55 am

I'd like to think that most of us in this thread have been pretty respectful in asking for/about a PM function. I have seen a few of those opposed to a PM be respectful, also. Sadly, there are always going to be those ( on both sides ) that tend to be snarky and that tend to act like the only valid opinion is theirs and only theirs and anyone who has the audacity to disagree with them need to be reported as baiting or some other such nonsense.

I did not start this thread/topic as a badgering thread/topic. I simply started it to bring it to Admins attention that I have seen the majority of the members here seem to be in agreement with and want a PM function. No more, no less.

I do agree with Brian_Brau in that it would be nice if Admin would at least post an acknowledgment that they have seen this and would post one of these:

1 ) We have seen it and will not add a PM function

2 ) We have seen it and are in the process of adding a PM function

3 ) We have seen it and are discussing it amongst ourselves

4 ) We have seen it and will see what the majority of the members want

5 ) We have seen it

6 ) We have seen it and will make an announcement at a later date

Any one of those would at least be something from Admin. And let me apologize, Father_J, for anyone that may have hurt your feelings on this. It most certainly was not my intention when I started this thread/topic that anyone's feelings be hurt.

R.I.P. My sweet Casey Bug. Mommy will see you again one day :`o( 18DEC01-24SEP11 / "Don't try to win over the haters. You're not the jackass whisperer."~Scott Stratten /It's a lot like nuts and bolts-if the rider's nuts, the horse bolts! ~Nicholas Evans /IDIC-Infinite Diversity Infinite Combination/Sgt Esterhaus: Hey, let's be careful out there!/4000/ To succeed in life, you need three things: a wishbone, a backbone and a funnybone

BashirBonesBeverly

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 2003

Report this Feb. 12 2011, 4:23 pm

Quote: CO_Fowler @ Feb. 12 2011, 10:55 am

I'd like to think that most of us in this thread have been pretty respectful in asking for/about a PM function. I have seen a few of those opposed to a PM be respectful, also. Sadly, there are always going to be those ( on both sides ) that tend to be snarky and that tend to act like the only valid opinion is theirs and only theirs and anyone who has the audacity to disagree with them need to be reported as baiting or some other such nonsense. I did not start this thread/topic as a badgering thread/topic. I simply started it to bring it to Admins attention that I have seen the majority of the members here seem to be in agreement with and want a PM function. No more, no less. I do agree with Brian_Brau in that it would be nice if Admin would at least post an acknowledgment that they have seen this and would post one of these: 1 ) We have seen it and will not add a PM function 2 ) We have seen it and are in the process of adding a PM function 3 ) We have seen it and are discussing it amongst ourselves 4 ) We have seen it and will see what the majority of the members want 5 ) We have seen it 6 ) We have seen it and will make an announcement at a later date Any one of those would at least be something from Admin. And let me apologize, Father_J, for anyone that may have hurt your feelings on this. It most certainly was not my intention when I started this thread/topic that anyone's feelings be hurt.


Do you believe that all of you would just drop it if admin were to acknowledge and just come out and say they've decided not to allow PMs and won't in the foreseeable future? I don't think so. Once admin did that, people would start another thread demanding an explanation of why admins don't want PMs. If they got that, then more threads would get started of people trying to convince admin that their explanation is not good enough, and would possibly propose a test trial with PMs or some other idea....then get angry that admin isn't responding to those ideas.

BashirBonesBeverly

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 2003

Report this Feb. 12 2011, 5:12 pm

Quote: /view_profile/ @

Probably true. But a stop in here letting us know they seen this would be nice.


For what purpose? I'm sure there's a great possibility that they've already seen it. Yes?

BashirBonesBeverly

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 2003

Report this Feb. 12 2011, 5:43 pm

Quote: /view_profile/ @

Quote: /view_profile/ @

Quote: /view_profile/ @

Probably true. But a stop in here letting us know they seen this would be nice.
For what purpose? I'm sure there's a great possibility that they've already seen it. Yes?
Just a little communication would be nice. This isn't the first thread or instance where a good number of folks expressed a desire for a PM system.


But as I asked before, what good would it be if they came in and told us they have read the requests but have decided to keep PMs away?

JOYOFVGR

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 11594

Report this Feb. 12 2011, 5:51 pm

The admin did say that there was more to come regarding this board. However, they didn't specify. I'm sure they've seen this thread. I think BBB is right. No matter what answer we get there's bound to be more questions raised. Even if they say they like the idea and are working on it, those opposed might start to raise issues. Or people who are anxious about it might ask when we are going to get it, etc. I guess it's just wait and see as usual. I'm all for a PM system, but I think other things have a bigger priority. I think being able to jump to the last read post in a topic for example, is more important. The old board used to have communicators next to any topic we posted in also. I actually forgot whether I posted in some of the older threads and almost posted the identical thing months later, especially on the Voyager Board.


I like everybody, even the people I don't like. They make things interesting. ;) Trying to get into the Nexus? Use this link: http://s13.zetaboards.com/NexusTrek/index/

CO_Fowler

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 5508

Report this Feb. 12 2011, 9:05 pm

Quote: BashirBonesBeverly @ Feb. 12 2011, 4:23 pm

Quote: CO_Fowler @ Feb. 12 2011, 10:55 am

I'd like to think that most of us in this thread have been pretty respectful in asking for/about a PM function. I have seen a few of those opposed to a PM be respectful, also. Sadly, there are always going to be those ( on both sides ) that tend to be snarky and that tend to act like the only valid opinion is theirs and only theirs and anyone who has the audacity to disagree with them need to be reported as baiting or some other such nonsense. I did not start this thread/topic as a badgering thread/topic. I simply started it to bring it to Admins attention that I have seen the majority of the members here seem to be in agreement with and want a PM function. No more, no less. I do agree with Brian_Brau in that it would be nice if Admin would at least post an acknowledgment that they have seen this and would post one of these: 1 ) We have seen it and will not add a PM function 2 ) We have seen it and are in the process of adding a PM function 3 ) We have seen it and are discussing it amongst ourselves 4 ) We have seen it and will see what the majority of the members want 5 ) We have seen it 6 ) We have seen it and will make an announcement at a later date Any one of those would at least be something from Admin. And let me apologize, Father_J, for anyone that may have hurt your feelings on this. It most certainly was not my intention when I started this thread/topic that anyone's feelings be hurt.
Do you believe that all of you would just drop it if admin were to acknowledge and just come out and say they've decided not to allow PMs and won't in the foreseeable future? I don't think so. Once admin did that, people would start another thread demanding an explanation of why admins don't want PMs. If they got that, then more threads would get started of people trying to convince admin that their explanation is not good enough, and would possibly propose a test trial with PMs or some other idea....then get angry that admin isn't responding to those ideas.


I cannot and will not speak for the other members here, but if Admin came into the thread and would let us know 'something' then I would be happy. While I might ask for clarification on something, I would not go on and on and on and on and on with questions.

It would be nice if Admin would communicate with us once in a while, though. I am not, nor have I ever, asking for them to become buddy/buddy with us, but if they would at least get to know us and our posting styles. Sorry for getting a bit off topic there.

Back on topic, I still think a PM function would be nice.

R.I.P. My sweet Casey Bug. Mommy will see you again one day :`o( 18DEC01-24SEP11 / "Don't try to win over the haters. You're not the jackass whisperer."~Scott Stratten /It's a lot like nuts and bolts-if the rider's nuts, the horse bolts! ~Nicholas Evans /IDIC-Infinite Diversity Infinite Combination/Sgt Esterhaus: Hey, let's be careful out there!/4000/ To succeed in life, you need three things: a wishbone, a backbone and a funnybone

Trekwolf164

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 32043

Report this Feb. 13 2011, 4:00 am

Quote: /view_profile/ @

Quote: /view_profile/ @

Quote: /view_profile/ @

Quote: /view_profile/ @

Quote: /view_profile/ @

>Probably true. But a stop in here letting us know they seen this would be nice.
For what purpose? I'm sure there's a great possibility that they've already seen it. Yes?
We'd know. Just a little communication would be nice. This isn't the first thread or instance where a good number of folks expressed a desire for a PM system.
But as I asked before, what good would it be if they came in and told us they have read the requests but have decided to keep PMs away?

We'd know

Very true cause right now we know nothing

www.youtube.com/watch?v=TcdZla4gKk0

Lieutenant_Jedi

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 1728

Report this Feb. 13 2011, 7:25 am

If they were to introduce a PM system, the only request I would have is to be able to block people from messaging you. That way any trolls can be expunged.

"Can you detect midi - chlorians with a tricorder?"

Trekwolf164

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 32043

Report this Feb. 13 2011, 7:30 am

Quote: Lieutenant_Jedi @ Feb. 13 2011, 7:25 am

If they were to introduce a PM system, the only request I would have is to be able to block people from messaging you. That way any trolls can be expunged.
The old board had a PM system if you chose to you could block anyone.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=TcdZla4gKk0

Lieutenant_Jedi

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 1728

Report this Feb. 13 2011, 7:35 am

Good. That would be the only thing it needed.

"Can you detect midi - chlorians with a tricorder?"

Trekwolf164

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 32043

Report this Feb. 13 2011, 7:39 am

Yes it was a great way to get someone's Telephone # or Email address


without the whole board calling for action figures or pictures


www.youtube.com/watch?v=TcdZla4gKk0

Lieutenant_Jedi

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 1728

Report this Feb. 13 2011, 7:44 am

And we could be having this conversation right now on the PM lol

"Can you detect midi - chlorians with a tricorder?"

Forum Permissions

You cannot post new topics in this forum

You cannot reply to topics in this forum

You cannot delete posts in this forum