Where can I get a good reproduction of Picard's jacket?

RikerQ

Report this Nov. 24 2010, 10:29 pm

I've been a long-time fan, but was never much into getting memoribilia or costumes. That's making things a bit difficult for me right now.

My father always thought Picard's jacket was awesome - the really cool one with red suede-like material, and black along the shoulders. Well, it's my father's 60th birthday, and I would love to get him a reproduction. For some reason I thought it would be a snap to buy one of these jackets (who wouldn't want one?), but I haven't been able to turn anything up online so far.

I figure if anyone would have the inside track, it'd be a true-blue fan on the boards. Any suggestions? Please?

Thanks!

iBorg13

POSTS: 1944

Report this Nov. 24 2010, 11:42 pm

No idea! However, I wouldn't mind one myself. You could go to some professional and request it to be made...

Roboto

Report this Nov. 25 2010, 9:27 am

It IS difficult to find good costumes. Unfortunately, from what I have been able to find online myself, the only uniforms you can buy online are the standard uniform shirts. For something as specific as Picard's jacket, I have a feeling that you would have to get one tailored.

K_tigress

Report this Nov. 25 2010, 9:09 pm

Yup either get a replica at E-bay, make one your self and or get someone to do that.

He felt that his whole life was some kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it. -Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

CAPT.LEW

Report this Nov. 25 2010, 9:18 pm

IT MIGHT BE HARD TO FIND.. GOT TO A COSTUME SHOP THE SPECIALIZES IN THAT SORT OF STUFF.
BE PREPARED TO SPEND QUITE A PRETTY PENNY THOUGH!

star trek is the embodiment of UNITY!

Trekkie 12

Report this Nov. 26 2010, 6:20 am

I would say Ebay. I get all of my Star Trek stuff there, and cheap!!!

Pain is a thing of the mind. The mind can be controlled. -Spock

RikerQ

Report this Nov. 26 2010, 10:59 pm

Thanks to everyone that wrote in (I'll check back again in a couple days, but I get the sense that the answer will still be the same).

I've found a kit, where you do the sewing yourself.  I might buy that for $25 bucks or so, just to see how it looks.  If it's not utter crap, I'll probably just take it to a tailor to throw together.  If the material's junk, I'll just have to think of something else