Why I like Ezri Dax.

velaris

Report this Nov. 19 2010, 10:34 am

I think Poor Ezri has taken alot of crap, and i thought i'd give my angle why i like her.

She portrayed a fine job of a new recruit trying to deal with being an "old soul". She had 1 season to develop a character that was a fresh recruit. Given more time she could have possibly been a very strong character, such as the books portray her to be now. Also she was a very likeable character, sweet, dealing with confidence issues perhaps, but still holding her own in a battle. Later in book canon, she becomes a captain, and commands one of the coolest and most powerful ships in the fleet. And she did so by picking up the pieces of a diasterous situation in which the command crew was killed and she was forced to take the helm, and she did an excellent job, showing her growth in character. So the question is, why do people like the often drunk, impulsive with questionable taste in men, jadzia, but hate the sweet full of potential ezri? thats my 2 cents anyways.

iBorg13

POSTS: 1944

Report this Nov. 19 2010, 11:23 am

I also prefer Ezri to Jadzia. I think, Jadzia is an important part of Ezri and without Jadzia Ezri's character would have been pretty lame. The changing of hosts is an important part of the Trill culture and to not include such an important, permanent and radical change sometime in the show would have been quite stupid of the writers or producers or whoever was responsible for creating the Trill.

I think if Ezri had come in maybe, Season 4 or 5 her character could have been way more popular today.

2takesfrakes

Report this Nov. 23 2010, 5:38 pm

I'm just fascinated that
Dendodge wasn't the one
who started this thread ...

CAPT.LEW

Report this Nov. 23 2010, 9:28 pm

i though EZRI DAX was a good character. very young. the actress was kind of cute too!!

star trek is the embodiment of UNITY!

quaker2k7

Report this Nov. 27 2010, 3:10 pm

I liked her cause she was sexy.

Lieutenant_Jedi

Report this Nov. 27 2010, 8:57 pm

She was a fine Character , and Dendodge will soon show up to lavish praise on her, but IMHO Jadzia was better.

"Can you detect midi - chlorians with a tricorder?"

miklamar

Report this Nov. 27 2010, 9:54 pm

I preferred Jadzia, from the television series. But, I am beginning to appreciate Captain Ezri Dax, from her adventures on the U.S.S. Aventine, in the novels.  Interestingly, she seems to be better when her own personality emerges, rather than just being another host for Dax.

24thcenstfan

Report this Nov. 30 2010, 8:29 am

I liked Ezri somewhat and I think in time the character would have grown on me. She just had the misfortune of following in the path of a very popular long-term character. I was not ready to fully accept another Dax on the station. The whole situation felt forced.

Join us @ => KEEP ON TREKKIN'

A Friendly Sci-Fi Community!

Dendodge

Report this Nov. 30 2010, 1:19 pm

Quote: Lieutenant_Jedi @ Nov. 27 2010, 8:57 pm

Am I that predictable?

2takesfrakes

Report this Nov. 30 2010, 1:33 pm

Do bears defecate rurally?

Dendodge

Report this Dec. 01 2010, 5:32 am

There's nothing wrong with having an itsy-bitsy obsession with a fictional character. Especially one as awesome as Ezri.

2takesfrakes

Report this Dec. 01 2010, 7:34 am

But, Dendodge
... can it LAST?!

jcourtenay

Report this Dec. 01 2010, 8:00 am

She was better than Jadzia, a lot more easygoing.

John

Dendodge

Report this Dec. 01 2010, 12:59 pm

Of course it can last!
Imaginary women can never leave you.

five-card stud, nothing
wild... and the sky's the
limit.

Report this Dec. 06 2010, 7:00 pm

When i first saw her i was still mad about the death of Jadzia but as the season went on i really got to like the character, she had and interesting perspective on a lot of things as well as having to fight an internal battle. I am not sure i would go as far as loving her as much as you Dendoge.... But then again one needs his goals to keep going

Elim Garak: Truth is an excuse for a lack of imagination.

Users browsing this forum: heronymous