"Enhanced" security checks at USA airports - are they going too far and overreacting ?

Created by: PELADON

Vicsage

Report this Nov. 15 2010, 9:05 pm

Less likely to fly. And being male, if I did fly, would want to be patted down by a female. But this is the america of the future, so we should get used to it. Cameras taking pictures of cars when they speed, even 5 mph over the speed limit, then sending you a ticket. Useless security measures when boarding planes. Wish there was some other country to go to, but they all seem to be going down this route.

No response must mean you all agree.

MeliKoritsi

Report this Nov. 16 2010, 10:24 am

Why is there no "Lighten up, Francis" option? Or an option that says "I'm female and don't want my husband or son's private parts seen and or possibly touched in an unemotional, clinical way by a TSA drone"? Or are men and little boys more deserving of these enhanced security measures for the purposes of this poll?

I have no problem with the security measures.

nexus trek

Roboto

Report this Nov. 16 2010, 2:38 pm

This is not about security. This is about control. Big Sister just enjoys the thought of controlling people and forcing them to be sexually taken advantage of. As far as I am concerned, NOBODY has the right to see my naked body or be squeezing me in such invasive manners as have been reported by hundreds of people. And now, as of today, they made it a rule that the TSA employee can put his/her hand down my pants if he thinks the situation appropriate? Bull***t! That is pure perversion, and there is no way in hell that I would allow anyone to do that to me.

Why do they not target the Arabs and Muslims coming into the country? THEY are the ones that should be regarded with scrutiny. It is common sense! Why submit white/black/etc women and CHILDREN to humiliating procedures when it is Arabs/Muslims who have been committing the acts of terrorism? This is not racism: this is logic.

Still think I am being racist? Think of it this way: Suppose a jeweler's store is robbed. The criminal comes up behind the jeweler and knocks him out, but a split second before it happens, the jeweler spots him in a mirror and sees that he is a tall white man, has bright red hair and glasses, and is wearing baggy black clothing.

A couple days later, the police have the jeweler come down to headquarters for a "lineup" of ten suspects. The jeweler looks at all the faces--- two tall black men, a black woman with dyed red hair, three white men with blond hair, two small girls wearing glasses, and two teenage boys wearing baggy black clothing.

The jeweler turns to the police, angry and confused: "Not a single one of these people answers my description! Each one matches one aspect of the person I saw, but otherwise none of them look anything like the robber! Why did you waste my time and theirs?"

The police officer in charge frowns at the jeweler. "Are you discriminating against white men with red hair and glasses?"

The jeweler stutters, "Well, n-no... but... that's what the robber looked like."

"It doesn't matter," the officer growls, "if I arrested only white men with red hair and glasses, then it would be unjust. This way, if I arrest people of various appearances, genders, and ages, it keeps things fair."

-------

The police officer does not make sense, does he? Now, rethink OUR situation a bit. Are you trying to tell me that it is wrong to target Arabs/Muslims for a closer inspection, when it is precisely those people that have been committing acts of terrorism? If so, you sound just as ridiculous as the police officer in my story.

wissa

Report this Nov. 16 2010, 2:43 pm

besides, the world has more than one kind of terrorist that target planes.

We welcome st.com refugees! click on the image

Corwin8

Report this Nov. 16 2010, 2:45 pm

Let the bridges I burn light the way. You are special, just like everybody else. Calling an illegal alien an ‘undocumented immigrant’ is like calling a drug dealer an ‘unlicensed pharmacist’

Roboto

Report this Nov. 16 2010, 4:47 pm

Quote: wissa @ Nov. 16 2010, 2:43 pm

you don't think if they only checked arab looking people the bad guys would just find non araby looking people to do their dirty work? besides, the world has more than one kind of terrorist that target planes.

I never said "the world" has only one kind of terrorist. You are reading something into my post that is not there. That is totally irrelevant. The point is that THE USA has been attacked specifically by JIHAD EXTREMISTS.

And let me also say something I do not think I stated in my post. This crazy "pat down" procedure should not be applied to ANYONE- Arabs included. There are thousands of Arabs in this country that love America, but that is also beside the point- nobody, absolutely nobody, should be subjected to such treatment. Heck, if someone tried to put his hands down my pants in any public place he would be arrested, but now they are trying to tell us that it is okay for GOVERNMENT employees to put THEIR HANDS down my pants? What kind of communist thinking is that?

DS9TREK

Report this Nov. 17 2010, 4:50 am

Quote: wissa @ Nov. 16 2010, 2:43 pm

The Israeli's use racial profiling at their airports... how many non-Arab looking individuals have blown up Israeli planes? Better yet, how many Israeli planes have been blown up at all?

JazzTNG

Report this Nov. 17 2010, 9:50 am

You know, they wouldn't need these stupid body scan things if airports would just starting profiling already!

So, five-card stud, nothing wild. And the sky's the limit....

jralley

Report this Nov. 17 2010, 1:07 pm

I may submit to the scan and/or body search when the TSA can guarantee 100% that the scans won't end up on the internet, and that the TSA employees are not sex offenders. So not anytime soon.

John R. Alley

megan512

Report this Nov. 17 2010, 2:08 pm

Quote: Roboto @ Nov. 16 2010, 2:38 pm

-------

You summed up what I was thinking perfectly.

Corwin8

Report this Nov. 17 2010, 8:08 pm

Adds a whole new meaning to the term 'baggage check'. It really does not matter , the terrorists have already won if we are spending BILLIONS on airport screening and technology yet only screen 20% of incoming cargo.

Profiling would save some of that, but the bottom line is unless we are willing to make some really hard choices we are well and truly screwed. Even if no bombs go off.

chr33355

Report this Nov. 18 2010, 1:33 pm

Oh bloody hell they scanners DO NOT MAKE NAKED DIGITAL IMAGES of you

Roboto

Report this Nov. 18 2010, 2:55 pm

Quote: chr33355 @ Nov. 18 2010, 1:33 pm

Oh bloody hell they scanners DO NOT MAKE NAKED DIGITAL IMAGES of you

How much more detailed do you want before it becomes objectionable?

covertness

Report this Nov. 19 2010, 5:51 am

I fly all the time for work and it doesn't bother me a bit. I may not be armed while on the plane but I can promise you that if some tango jumped up yelling "allah ackbar" I would put him down. Feel safe when ya'll fly as I am not alone.

wissa

Report this Nov. 22 2010, 6:40 pm

there will never be another plane hijacked again. The only reason there ever was a plane hijacked was because passengers would co-operate. They will never do so again. They need to divert all their attention to looking for bombs.

We welcome st.com refugees! click on the image

Users browsing this forum: miklamar