Approve of New POST Voyager Star Trek series!

justin3571

Report this Nov. 08 2010, 5:45 pm

This is my letter I wrote to the franchis and to Paramount. What do you all think? I really miss the good old scientific Star Trek, like TNG and Voyager instead of space drama. Anyways, we get enough attention maybe a new series will be made. Please reply and rant at them to make a new series!!!!

There is such a huge demand for a new Post Star Trek Voyager/Deep Space Nine TV Series and I am baffled as to why there seems to be no effort from Paramount or the Star Trek franchise to continue intreaguing our scientific minds of the world instead of making a show about social drama that brings nothing to humanity. Voyager and The Next Generation inspired so many to do good including myself to get into quantum physics and become a great Pilot. The new movie is just drama with no science which was dissapointing! Please continue and make a post Voyager Star Trek TV series!! please! The money is there! the fans are there! Why? I just dont understand? Please forward this to the correct person. I know many hundreds of thousands of people who demand a new series who dont want prequils or useless drama, but want the science and curiosity our governments fail to provide to us which is buried in layers of Top Secret data in the Military or NASA which really stands for Never A Straight Answer. Im sure you know what I am asking for and it's not just me but the whole world wants this again. The 1990's was great time for scifi TV and now its just garbage. The next best thing that even comes close is Stargate. Please bring back the real scifi of Star Trek Post Voyager! Thank you!

covertness

Report this Nov. 12 2010, 10:42 am

Not sure how you could square a new series "post Voyager" with the newest science fiction movie with the words "Star Trek" it the title. Much as I'd like to have a new series on TV.

K_tigress

Report this Nov. 12 2010, 9:41 pm

Well I just hope they don't go the BSG and or Caprica route. But they really need to search deep in them selves and actually make something refreshing but also good.

He felt that his whole life was some kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it. -Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

miklamar

Report this Nov. 13 2010, 2:38 am

I agree with ServalanFan in that a good show would combine believable science-possibilities with tense drama. Science fiction stretches the technological boundaries, so it would probably be technobabble to most of us fans. But, it should at least seem logical. Admittedly, the stories may be revisions of earlier dramas, but they could be combined in slightly different ways. Sometimes, new faces can retell old stories in an entertaining way.

iBorg13

POSTS: 1944

Report this Nov. 14 2010, 10:26 am

Yeah Boy! Time for a new series!

Vger23

Report this Nov. 14 2010, 7:20 pm

I'd say:

1. There are 23,967,856 other posts on this same subject.
2. Not likely to happen for at least another 3-5 years, and for that I'm thankful.

I AM KEE-ROCK!!

nikmorton1988

Report this Dec. 30 2010, 8:38 pm

re-runs never get old. but a new voy would be more than enjoyable

make it so...

miklamar

Report this Dec. 30 2010, 8:51 pm

I agree. They could continue to show the good old shows (reruns), while they are filming a new series. That would be a win-win situation.

vulpus26

Report this Dec. 31 2010, 7:41 pm

i agree with with your assesment.  we need a new series that provokes the scientific mind. i would like to see a whole new crew and ship even farther into the future, a good place to start or at least consider would be the enterprise J and the time war however i humbly leave it to the writers and producers who i think have done an excellent job so far.

wisdom begins in wonder

Pooneil

Report this Jan. 01 2011, 10:31 am

I don't know what you mean by "useless drama" that "brings nothing to humanity". The whole point of drama is to examine the human condition. "Enterprise" was going in the right direction until Season 4, when the writers began concentrating entirely on plots and alien politics and gave up developing the characters.

A new Star Trek series that reverted to the formula of TNG and Voyager would probably fail. To succeed with general audiences it would have to provide the serious, character-driven drama of new shows like BSG (not to mention other basic cable dramas that have been successful lately) in addition to the usual Trek-style action and exploration.

And slagging off NASA in the same sentence in which you extol "science and curiosity" seems a little contradictory.

edaciousx

Report this Jan. 01 2011, 9:15 pm

I really wish star trek would come out with a post voyager tv series. There's just so much depth there and interesting story line that should be explored.

Lieutenant_Jedi

Report this Jan. 01 2011, 9:45 pm

Yes please lets have a show that only a very small percentage of the population of the world will enjoy. That will make millions.

"Can you detect midi - chlorians with a tricorder?"

rejrej1

Report this Jan. 02 2011, 4:06 pm

There is no space based sci fi series now that they cancelled SGU (not that I was thrilled about that series). I am desperate for something. In the 90's that had everything! SNG, DS9, B5, SG1, etc. Maybe it was Star Trek overkill, but now small screen sci fi is dying, unless you like Dr. Who (which is still pretty good), Vampires and Zombies (though Walking Dead is good!!). I am looking forward to USS Alabama, Sherwood, and the new Jamie Bamber colony show, but I have a feeling 2/3 of those might be duds.

Time for a new Star Trek series, based on the new movie and TOS. Resurrect an old Constitution star ship name from TOS with the new timeline and a new crew with a new 5 year mission. Save Kirk and Co for the movies (because the actors are too expensive). Come on, Ron Moore said he would do some writing with a new series. For example, in the new time line, suppose the USS Constellation didn't get destroyed and it is still commanded by Capt Decker, you can make a crew and a new series. Or any of the starships in TOS, ie Defiant, Exeter, Excaliber, Constitution, Farragut, etc, or make a new name since the class is still being made according to the movie, USS Orion, or USS Atlantis.

The crew could be a combination of all the crews: stud male captain, hot female babe 1st officer, alien engineer, cynical but humerous human male doctor (no hologram this time), alien science officer (male or female), visible minority helmsman, foreign accent navigator, hot babe communications officer (any race), kick ass oriental tactical officer, and there you have it.

Anyway, I believe it is time.

Vger23

Report this Jan. 03 2011, 2:53 pm

Quote: Lieutenant_Jedi @ Jan. 01 2011, 9:45 pm

I love this guy. A man after my own heart!

I AM KEE-ROCK!!

miklamar

Report this Jan. 08 2011, 1:01 am

The "problem" with a post-Voyager series would be that, as in life, everyone seems to be going their own ways, especially the old Enterprise and DS9 crews. Although Janeway is dead, Kirsten Beyer has pulled most of the old Voyager crew together--plus, added Barclay, one of my favorite characters!--in her series about "Project Full Circle." My favorite book is her second one, Unworthy, and a third is supposedly due out this spring. I'm really looking forward to it!

This trilogy might serve as a springboard to an interesting post-Voyager series.

Users browsing this forum: Drunkin Druid