Will Startrek.com ever have the complete franchise available in the video section?

Sora

Report this Nov. 02 2010, 9:01 pm

Just curious if anyone knows or has any ideas.

It looks like we have all but the first 3 episodes of Season 4 of Enterprise, and from what I could tell, it looks like we have most of TOS.

But it looks like Original TOS, not Remastered TOS.

I'd like to see the complete Enterprise, as well as complete Remastered TOS.

Complete 7 Seasons of TNG, DS9 and Voyager. As well as all of the movies. Might as well go for the complete Animated Series also.

From the look and feel of it, the video secion is already basically Startrek hulu. It makes sense to go ahead and add the whole thing.

What do you think about it?

Matthias Russell

Report this Nov. 03 2010, 5:00 am

Not gonna happen, if they do that, no one will buy the disks. There is no profit in giving fans free stuff and no buck, no Buck Rogers. The best way to get more trek is to show it's profitable to cbs by buying what they offer us. Sorry, but that's capitalism and the ferengi know how the world REALLY works. The videos are trying to whet your appetite to pay for stuff, so expect them to remove material, not give you more.

Sora

Report this Nov. 03 2010, 2:31 pm

I realize that, I understand it. I was just saying it would cool. But I have bought alot of Star Trek stuff. And I already own the entire Franchise on dvd. I have Seasons 1-4 of Enterprise, Seasons 1-3 of TOS, Seasons 1-7 of TNG, Seasons 1-7 DS9, Seasons 1-7 of Voyager. Seasons 1-2 of TAS. I have Star Trek 2009 on blu-ray. I have a few Enterprise books. I have a big Star Trek poster on my wall, which was a 2009 poster, it says Star Trek at the bottom and has every captain on it, including Archer. I have the game Star Trek scene it. I have Star Trek monopoly. I have pretty much all of the more recent Star Trek video games. I have a Star Trek blanket. A Star Trek necklace. Several Star Trek t-shirts. I have a Klingon Bat'leth hanging on the wall. I have a TNG telephone. I have every single Star Trek Hallmark Christmas ornament. I have a large Kirk and Spock Action Figure. I still have some old TNG toys my parents got me for Christmas when I was little.

So yeah I have quite alot of Trek merchandise. I'm a hardcore conservative, I understand capitalism. I was only asking because it seems like the dvds are getting harder and harder to find these days, and plus having all the episodes available on the site would probably help recruit some fans. I'm working on getting a friend of mine who lives in New York (I live in Alabama) into Trek, but he can't afford the dvds right now, and he's never seen Trek to know if he'd like it or not. So right now I have him watching Enterprise on Star Trek.com. There are alot of people, myself included who will go out and buy the dvds, after getting to see it for free. Because some people just won't buy it because they think, what if I don't like it?

Live Long and Prosper

JaydenJaneway

Report this Nov. 03 2010, 3:33 pm

ive already watched season one of enterprise on here. you can watch any episode from any series in the videos section

JaydenJaneway

Report this Nov. 03 2010, 3:35 pm

i did notice some episodes missing though. hopefully they will fix it

Sora

Report this Nov. 03 2010, 5:25 pm

Well the only episodes of Enterprise that are missing is the first 3 episodes out of Season 4. But TOS is all screwed up. It has episodes listed as like episode 55 or something lol And it's missing several episodes and has some episodes mis-labeled. Like it has the Deadly Years and Season 1 episode 12. But that's Season 2 episode 12. And I think they just don't have Season 1 episode 12 at all. I know it's wishful thinking, I just hope that they get those two fixed, and get at least some of TNG, DS9 and Voyager loaded on the site.

Live Long and Prosper

Sora

Report this Nov. 09 2010, 7:42 pm

Well, maybe if another tv series ever gets started, they might add a few more episodes to the video section.

Live Long and Prosper