What should Star Trek 2 be rated?

Created by: Sora

Sora

Report this Nov. 02 2010, 2:04 pm

Personally, I'm saying PG. Or even G.

I'm sure some would be interested in what an R-Rated Trek would be like as well.

JaydenJaneway

Report this Nov. 02 2010, 2:14 pm

theres already been a star trek 2 and personally i hope they dont keep on with that some type of trek. if anything there will be a star trek 12.

Sora

Report this Nov. 02 2010, 2:53 pm

Well what I meant was that, Star Trek '09 wasn't called Star Trek 11. And had no sub title. It was simply called Star Trek. Which would suggest the next one will be called Star Trek 2. Because Star Trek '09 was a reboot, a remake, because of it being started over, I highly doubt it will be called Star Trek 12.

Live Long and Prosper

UNTRugby

Report this Nov. 02 2010, 2:59 pm

>>I mean all but two of the original 10 films were PG, and I always thought they were great as they were. Although I think had PG-13 been around for Wrath of Kahn, The Voyage Home and The Undiscovered Country, we'd have had 3 PG-13's right there.

pg13 didnt come out until 2 years after kahn. Im sure the new trek movie will pg-13 and thats good enough with the limits they are able to push in pg13 movies these days,

>>I did enjoy First Contact and Nemesis. First Contact is my favorite, but I always loved how almost all of Trek as always been family oriented and suitable for kids. Which is why I prefer G or PG. But my vote is on PG. Only because I think G would be a little too limiting, and they've made some fantastic PG Trek films.

first contact, nemesis and trek 09 are the 3 pg-13 movies of trek

all the rest are PG except for TMP with is G

Sora

Report this Nov. 02 2010, 3:37 pm

Oh really? I thought The Motion Picture was PG. Oops, my mistake.

Live Long and Prosper

JaydenJaneway

Report this Nov. 02 2010, 3:49 pm

then it should be defined as the remake instead of star trek11. i know it wasnt sub titled to be star trek 11 but everyone thinks it is except me because i dont claim it to be real star trek. the should have named it something else like just TREK or 23rd century or anything besides star trek. the thing is, everyones remaking all the movies over because they cant think of anything new

Sora

Report this Nov. 02 2010, 3:58 pm

Well I agree, but the new movie wasn't awful, it just wasn't as good as what's come before it.

Live Long and Prosper

Sora

Report this Nov. 02 2010, 4:00 pm

Quote: UNTRugby @ Nov. 02 2010, 2:59 pm

first contact, nemesis and trek 09 are the 3 pg-13 movies of trek

all the rest are PG except for TMP with is G

I just checked my Motion Picture dvd, and on the back of the case it does say rated PG, not G.

Live Long and Prosper

UNTRugby

Report this Nov. 02 2010, 4:16 pm

Quote: Sora @ Nov. 02 2010, 4:00 pm

The directors cut is PG the regular cut is G

Sora

Report this Nov. 02 2010, 4:24 pm

Ah ok, that makes sense now. I have the double disc Director's Cut.

Live Long and Prosper

Vger23

Report this Nov. 02 2010, 5:15 pm

It should be rated "DOUBLEYOU" (W) for WEIRD, WACKY, and WILD!!!!

I AM KEE-ROCK!!

. . . . . . .?. . . __. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . :`. . . ./
. . . . . . . /__.(. . .“~-,_. . . . . . . . . . . . . . ,:`. . . .. ./
. . . . . . /(_. . ”~,_. . . ..“~,_. . . . . . . . . .,:`. . . . _/
. . . .. .{.._$;_. . .”=,_. . . .“-,_. . . ,.-~-,}, .~”; /. .. .}
. . .. . .((. . .*~_. . . .”=-._. . .“;,,./`. . /” . . . ./. .. ../
. . . .. . .\`~,. . ..“~.,. . . . . . . . . ..`. . .}. . . . . . ../
. . . . . .(. ..`=-,,. . . .`. . . . . . . . . . . ..(. . . ;_,,-”
. . . . . ../.`~,. . ..`-.. . . . . . . . . . . . . . ..\. . /\
. . . . . . \`~.*-,. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ..|,./.....\,__
,,_. . . . . }.>-._\. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .|. . . . . . ..`=~-,
. .. `=~-,_\_. . . `\,. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .\
. . . . . . . . . .`=~-,,.\,. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .\
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . `:,, . . . . . . . . . . . . . `\. . . . . . ..__
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .`=-,. . . . . . . . . .,%`>--

They have two settings: stun and kill... It'd be best not to confuse them. ~~ Lt. Reed

Sora

. . . . . . .?. . . __. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . :`. . . ./
. . . . . . . /__.(. . .“~-,_. . . . . . . . . . . . . . ,:`. . . .. ./
. . . . . . /(_. . ”~,_. . . ..“~,_. . . . . . . . . .,:`. . . . _/
. . . .. .{.._$;_. . .”=,_. . . .“-,_. . . ,.-~-,}, .~”; /. .. .}
. . .. . .((. . .*~_. . . .”=-._. . .“;,,./`. . /” . . . ./. .. ../
. . . .. . .\`~,. . ..“~.,. . . . . . . . . ..`. . .}. . . . . . ../
. . . . . .(. ..`=-,,. . . .`. . . . . . . . . . . ..(. . . ;_,,-”
. . . . . ../.`~,. . ..`-.. . . . . . . . . . . . . . ..\. . /\
. . . . . . \`~.*-,. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ..|,./.....\,__
,,_. . . . . }.>-._\. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .|. . . . . . ..`=~-,
. .. `=~-,_\_. . . `\,. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .\
. . . . . . . . . .`=~-,,.\,. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .\
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .`=-,. . . . . . . . . .,%`>--

ROTFL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Live Long and Prosper

AdmiralArcher33

Report this Nov. 03 2010, 11:19 am

I knew it was coming, why would you even ask what the next one will be rated?

Sora

Report this Nov. 03 2010, 1:12 pm

Quote: AdmiralArcher33 @ Nov. 03 2010, 11:19 am

I knew it was coming, why would you even ask what the next one will be rated?

I was just curious. Like I said in my first post. I'd like G or PG. I like those ratings for Trek better than PG-13, because PG-13 doesn't really fit into the rest of Trek, in my opinion. The series are pretty much all family oriented and the episodes are always G to PG.

But like I said I was just wondering. I know some fans will agree with me and some will disagree.

Live Long and Prosper