Why is your username your username?

iBorg13

POSTS: 1944

Report this Oct. 31 2010, 10:56 pm

Why did you chose your username?

Me, I love the Borg and the episode, TNG: "I, Borg" was awesome. "i" also stands for internet and I am on the internet right now.

legendoftrek

Report this Nov. 01 2010, 8:34 am

because its what i am

an ode to roddenberry

JaydenJaneway

Report this Nov. 01 2010, 10:47 am

jayden has been my nickname for years and janeway is my favorite captain so i put the 2 together

AdmiralArcher33

Report this Nov. 01 2010, 12:54 pm

Archer is my favorite captain and when I heard him mentioned as an admiral I chose it as my username.

They have two settings: stun and kill... It'd be best not to confuse them. ~~ Lt. Reed

Matthias Russell

Report this Nov. 01 2010, 3:06 pm

It's my character on STO which is a blend of my sons' middle names.

Roboto

Report this Nov. 01 2010, 8:22 pm

"Webster's 24th century dictionary, 5th addition, defines an android as an automaton made to resemble a human being." ~ Data

Roboto... I was inspired by an awesome music video tribute to Data (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EaEcP5NC-xo); the song used is "Mr. Roboto" by Styx.

On my avatar, I have the lines "Thank you very much (Domo arigato) Mister Roboto, until the day we meet again (Mata ah-oo hima de)."

(Edit: my new avatar says "I want to know the secret..." (Himitsu wo shiri tai))

2takesfrakes

Report this Nov. 02 2010, 10:51 am

Director, Actor, Auteur Jonathan Frakes was affectionately given
the nickname "two takes Frakes" by his TNG cast-members,
for his directorial efficiency. His singular vision brought
two successful STAR TREK features to the screen. One, VERY
successfull: FIRST CONTACT. The other, of course, being the
action-packed adventure: INSURRECTION.

And as my many posts reveal, I, too, am insightful, creative
and intuitive. So, when it came time to select a username to
be identified with, only one of STAR TREK's greatest visionaries
was going to do. And I couldn't have chosen better . . .

2takesfrakes

Jim Kirk

Report this Nov. 03 2010, 4:38 pm

I was fooling around trying to think of a name... I asked the wife for ideas and jokingly said let me try "Jim Kirk". well I got it. hard to believe.

Jim Kirk

Kang - "Only a fool fights in a burning house"

Caesar753

Report this Nov. 03 2010, 6:22 pm

I study Classical Civilizations and ancient art, so Caesar was a natural choice for me.  753 BCE was the legendary founding of Rome.

Matthew Rogan

Invader_Wishfire

Report this Nov. 03 2010, 6:32 pm

Back in the day I created an account over st STF.net under the username "Wishfire." A few months later, when I created an account here, I used the same username so I wouldn't confuse those members that frequented both sites. After a while, I started changing my username on a regular basis, but they always had "Wishfire" in them. (Some examples are "Wishfire_Alpha," "Wishfire_Omega," "I_am_the_Wishfire," and, my favorite, "Wishfire_Wielder_of_the_Sword_of_Kahless.") But then the ability to change our usernames was taken away, and i got stuck with Invader_Wishfire.

photo spok_zps253ab564.gif

Invader_Wishfire

Report this Nov. 03 2010, 6:32 pm

Double post.

photo spok_zps253ab564.gif

Roboto

Report this Nov. 04 2010, 9:13 am

Quote: 2takesfrakes @ Nov. 02 2010, 10:51 am

And as my many posts reveal, I, too, am insightful, creative
and intuitive. So, when it came time to select a username to
be identified with, only one of STAR TREK's greatest visionaries
was going to do. And I couldn't have chosen better . . .

2takesfrakes

You have just made my day.

2takesfrakes

Report this Nov. 04 2010, 7:04 pm

Are you making fun..........ROBOTO?!!

tribblenator999

Report this Nov. 04 2010, 7:36 pm

i like hunting tribbles. lol

"take us out"...

Picards_O-Ring

Report this Nov. 04 2010, 8:33 pm

Because Picard's_Anal_Loaf was already taken.

Taking it Deep Space 9"

Users browsing this forum: alfamav