Why didn't we see more Ambassador Class ships?

Caesar753

Report this Oct. 31 2010, 7:43 am

Why didn't we see more of this class?  The Excelsior model was used frequently and with the advent of CG, we still saw Excelsiors all over the place, especially in DS9.  Since the Ambassadors were built as replacements for the Excelsiors, I would think that they would be more prevalent.  Thoughts?

Matthew Rogan

JaydenJaneway

Report this Oct. 31 2010, 10:20 am

i noticed that as well. in fact the enterprise c is the only one ive seen.

Jason222

Report this Oct. 31 2010, 11:39 am

I can think one possible reason UFP and Klingon peace treaty put limmit number class less then 5 year old resourse need Galaxy class starship same resourse need build a Ambassador class starship start as resourse issues. Then Galaxy class starship such good replacement UFP no reason build any Ambassador class starships.

Matthias Russell

Report this Oct. 31 2010, 7:49 pm

The C is not the only one. The Excalibur was seen in TNG as an Ambassador. Of course it went on to become the new frontier ship. I think they should have been prevalent in DS9 battles or dockings. I mean, they had the model. Why not use the Ambassador instead of a freak'n Miranda or Oberth!?! The Excelsior model was changed for the B because they felt the model was overused. I agree, why not uncrate the good 'ol C?

Jason, grammar check, dude. Anyways, even if they built no more Ambassadors when the Galaxies began, the Ambassador design was 30 years older than Galaxies, don't tell me there weren't tons built, especially considering all the Galaxies they later built.

Caesar753

Report this Nov. 01 2010, 7:13 pm

I think I heard a rumor that Riker's USS Titan was an Ambassador?  Anyone know anything about this?

Matthew Rogan

Matthias Russell

Report this Nov. 02 2010, 11:56 am

No, it's luna class. The excalibur from new frontier was ambassador; that's what you're thinking of.

satyrquaze

Report this Nov. 05 2010, 9:59 am

Quote: Caesar753 @ Nov. 01 2010, 7:13 pm

heard everything from an Ambassador, to the Prometheus-class... "offically" in the books it's a "Luna-class" cause Starfleet needs a whole other class that looks like the Akira-class.

We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches it's all ancient history. Then - before you can blink an eye - suddenly it threatens to start all over again. -Captain Jean Luc Picard