Are there any Star Trek fans left?

Sora

Report this Oct. 30 2010, 12:25 pm

I just have to ask the question, are there any real true Star Trek fans left? I just want to know that I'm not the only one.

It just feels like everytime I turn around, someone is bashing Star Trek in general and insulting it.

I don't know if anyone here in familiar with a podcast network called Simply Syndicated, but they have a Star Trek podcast called Make It So, I've listened to since the beginning. They started out loving it and now it's pulling teeth to get a new episode out and they seem to have lost interest in doing it. And the person in charge now seems to think that Star Trek fans are crazy and insane. The original co-host to that show Mike Dawson who's moved onto his own podcast called Left Field Cinema. He used to go on about how much he loves Star Trek, and now he's on the forum of his website bashing Star Trek and The Original Series in particular talking about how awful it is.

I'm just really upset by it, because there's all that, and seems like anytime I look at forums on imdb almost all anyone has to say is negative things.

There appears to be so much hate towards Star Trek I don't understand how it's lasted all this time.

I just need cheering up from fellow Star Trek fans. I need to know that I'm not the only one left who still cares about the franchise and still loves the show.

I feel like I'm the only one left.

UNTRugby

Report this Oct. 30 2010, 12:46 pm

there are plenty of trek fans out there but theres just not much to do when weve had only 2 hours of trek in the past 5 years

Sora

Report this Oct. 30 2010, 1:06 pm

Quote: UNTRugby @ Oct. 30 2010, 12:46 pm

That definitely has something to do with it for sure, however, you do still have 30 Seasons and 10 movies to talk about. And it just feels like more often than not, the conversations turn into, well this bit sucked, and this whole series sucked, and Rick Berman sucked, and things like that, which is why I've been wondering, is there any big fans left who still really love it?

Live Long and Prosper

UNTRugby

Report this Oct. 30 2010, 1:25 pm

Quote: Sora @ Oct. 30 2010, 1:06 pm

Quote: UNTRugby @ Oct. 30 2010, 12:46 pm

Just becuase someone doesnt care for a particular series doesnt make them not a true trek fan. Some like them all equally and some have favorites. There are just as many threads out there about something they liked in trek as there are something they didnt like.

ownerer

Report this Oct. 30 2010, 1:38 pm

every one recently has been bashing star treck because the recent movie was so terrible they assumed the other stuff had to be bad

we decide fate, fate decides us

Dendodge

Report this Oct. 30 2010, 3:10 pm

It's all still new to me (I've been watching reruns on TV for the last few months), so I can still talk about something other than how badly it sucks!

As Pinocchio would say, "I'm a real fan!"

Kesfan74656

Report this Oct. 30 2010, 4:48 pm

I feel that, given the fact ST in its varied forms has been a major part of my life for over two decades as a fan, fully engaged and active, in my own ways, yes, I am one. I have my preferences, but, I don't usually bash on the forums, wherever they may be, and yes, I can understand how the 'this sucks' or 'that sucks' or 'who is the worst character', etc can become a tad tiring. But, true, there are threads devoted to characters, as said, as well. As far as what the greater world thinks or does not of ST, it has nor ever will stop me from loving it. It's in my blood, I feel. LLAP.

''If I were captain, i'd open every crack in the universe, and peek inside, just like Captain Janeway does''-Kes, ''The Cloud''

jamesspock1

Report this Oct. 30 2010, 5:36 pm

I am a long time fan, I`ve got every series and film, except for the last movie, alwayse have been alwayse will be a fan, there is not a week that I don`t watch an episode of Trek, and have been doing so for years. I did not like the last movie, but I`m sure there is better to come.

Jason222

Report this Oct. 30 2010, 6:13 pm

Many Star Terk fans lets Star Terk still stand strong.

CO_Fowler

Report this Oct. 30 2010, 6:18 pm

Life time fan, here! There are always those dry spells. And that seems to be the times we fans and the shows get picked on. We just have to try and stick it out and see it through We're here,tho!

R.I.P. My sweet Casey Bug. Mommy will see you again one day :`o( 18DEC01-24SEP11 / "Don't try to win over the haters. You're not the jackass whisperer."~Scott Stratten /It's a lot like nuts and bolts-if the rider's nuts, the horse bolts! ~Nicholas Evans /IDIC-Infinite Diversity Infinite Combination/Sgt Esterhaus: Hey, let's be careful out there!/4000/ To succeed in life, you need three things: a wishbone, a backbone and a funnybone

Sora

Report this Oct. 30 2010, 8:35 pm

Quote: jamesspock1 @ Oct. 30 2010, 5:36 pm

This is how I feel as well. I don't absolutely hate the new movie, but it is my least favorite part of Trek overall. And I watch Star Trek almost every day.

Live Long and Prosper

Sora

Report this Oct. 30 2010, 8:38 pm

Well it is nice to see that there's still some people who do own the dvds, and do enjoy the show and love the show. One of the things I hate the most, is when someone tells me that Star Trek is just a show whenever I get passionate about it. I know it's just a show, I don't think it's real, but that doesn't change that I love it. And hey use your imagination, you can pretend it's real while you're watching if you want. That doesn't make you crazy, only when you go out in public claiming that you're a starship Captain. Or when you wear you Uniform to a presidential Trial (Trekkies dvd reference)

Live Long and Prosper

Kesfan74656

Report this Oct. 31 2010, 10:24 am

The average person may in some cases be harsh critics of st fans, but, after all, how passionate are people about sports, or other avocations? Some football fans will sit in the middle of a snowstorm if their favorite team is playing, or travel hundreds of miles, to watch a NASCAR race. It merely depends upon what one loves. Just because st fans pursue a fictional world, matters not a bit. Yes, many sports team players have inspired young people, but, how many have gone on to become engineeers, doctors, and scientists, because of watching Scotty, McCoy, or Spock?

JaydenJaneway

Report this Oct. 31 2010, 10:28 am

I am a huge fan. and actually there are millions of star trek fans

Sora