ATTENTION: The Boards will be closed permanently on May 28th, 2014. Posting will be disabled on April 28th, 2014. More Info

What does my 'rank' mean and how do I get to the next level?

Lieutenant_Jedi

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 1728

Report this Jan. 19 2011, 10:57 am

I am thinking that you have to have 5000 posts to make Captain and 10000 for Commodore.

"Can you detect midi - chlorians with a tricorder?"

Matthias Russell

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 7705

Report this Jan. 19 2011, 11:14 am

I thought they got rid of commodores, lol. What would be nice to know from Shran is how many pictures he posted when he got captain and how many for commodore. That would help solve the mystery. Of course it will also lead to more nonsensical and unrelated pictures in the gallery.

Matthias Russell

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 7705

Report this Jan. 19 2011, 11:16 am

Oh, and I will not date you Shran. I'm hot for Andorians but I'm just not into you like that.

Lieutenant_Jedi

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 1728

Report this Jan. 19 2011, 11:17 am

Look at his account, he posted only 30 pictures.

"Can you detect midi - chlorians with a tricorder?"

FleetAdmiral_BamBam

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 46342

Report this Jan. 19 2011, 7:33 pm

Quote: Matthias Russell @ Jan. 19 2011, 11:14 am

>I thought they got rid of commodores, lol. What would be nice to know from Shran is how many pictures he posted when he got captain and how many for commodore. That would help solve the mystery. Of course it will also lead to more nonsensical and unrelated pictures in the gallery.
Not just pix - also must have comments too I think.


my guess it's actually a set minimum number for each category per rank.


Roboto

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 3883

Report this Jan. 19 2011, 8:14 pm

In a way, I think it is better that it remains unknown what the exact photo/comment/post count is required for a specific rank. That should discourage spamming.

I posted a lot of pictures in the galleries, sure, but only because I felt that they are of some honest interest, and they are relevant to their galleries. Recently I have seen spats of photos uploaded into random gallery sections, which is completely nonsensical and absolutely annoying... to me, anyway.

Matthias Russell

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 7705

Report this Jan. 20 2011, 3:44 am

Spamming is already occurring. I'll admit, done of mine may seem unrelated to some. But there are people posting several pictures of the same thing, simple pics of starfleet deltas and one person about a dozen pics from the ISS that were cool, but not trek related.

FleetAdmiral_BamBam

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 46342

Report this Jan. 20 2011, 6:23 am

Quote: Roboto @ Jan. 19 2011, 8:14 pm

In a way, I think it is better that it remains unknown what the exact photo/comment/post count is required for a specific rank. That should discourage spamming. I posted a lot of pictures in the galleries, sure, but only because I felt that they are of some honest interest, and they are relevant to their galleries. Recently I have seen spats of photos uploaded into random gallery sections, which is completely nonsensical and absolutely annoying... to me, anyway.
agreed - people are just uploading to upload and not even putting them in the correct galleries. I wish a few of us were given mod privileges to be able to move them to correct areas as necessary.

CoreyChambers1

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 4

Report this Jan. 20 2011, 7:19 am

so if you post on anything u get a higher ran

Matthias Russell

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 7705

Report this Jan. 20 2011, 2:20 pm

Agreed, when you select a gallery, it should show you many thumbnails to close from, instead of spending forever scrolling. We should also be able to get to the photos WITH COMMENTS from our member page.


Roboto

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 3883

Report this Jan. 20 2011, 4:37 pm

Quote: Matthias Russell @ Jan. 20 2011, 2:20 pm

Agreed, when you select a gallery, it should show you many thumbnails to close from, instead of spending forever scrolling. We sould also be able to get to the photos WITH COMMENTS from ou member page.



Quoted for truth.

Trekwolf164

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 32043

Report this Jan. 23 2011, 8:34 pm

In the Happinings section of the gallery someone is posting screen shots. Is that section not for convention and movie premier type photo's of fans ?


 


www.youtube.com/watch?v=TcdZla4gKk0

Matthias Russell

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 7705

Report this Jan. 24 2011, 10:15 am

I think a lot of people post pictures to gain rank, which is a problem with the useless rank system. And then there are a lot of kids just enthusiastic and enjoying being a part of this, and though I think the galleries is too crammed, it would be a shame to wreck their enthusiasm by taking down erroneous pics.

Trekwolf164

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 32043

Report this Jan. 24 2011, 11:34 am

A slideshow feature would be nice in the photo gallery

www.youtube.com/watch?v=TcdZla4gKk0

Faolon

GROUP: Members

POSTS: 1

Report this Jan. 27 2011, 7:54 am

It sounds like a fair deal to me. I just joined up and I don't have loads of pictures but I'm here not for rank, but becauce I love all things Star Trek.


 


Lady Faolon de Louzac Silverflame

Recently logged in

Users browsing this forum: jackson5_1988

Forum Permissions

You cannot post new topics in this forum

You cannot reply to topics in this forum

You cannot delete posts in this forum