Few changes that have been implimented.

LOCUTUS_CBS_ADMIN

GROUP: Moderators

Report this Oct. 21 2010, 2:58 pm

We have recently updated these boards to display in the order first post is the initial one and last post is the most recent. This is the norm for a majority of message boards as well as the rest of the CBS entertainment message boards. We are sorry for the confusion this change may cause you however this will be the standard for this board moving forward.

Another change you may not have noticed is the default setting for the "Notify me when a reply is posted" is now unchecked. This change is in effect for posts made going forward, however the posts made before this change will still be set as checked off unless you return to those posts and edit them.

CO_Fowler

Report this Oct. 21 2010, 3:16 pm

Ohhhhh! This is nice! Thanks for these fixes Nice start!

:: sits back and reads posts ::

R.I.P. My sweet Casey Bug. Mommy will see you again one day :`o( 18DEC01-24SEP11 / "Don't try to win over the haters. You're not the jackass whisperer."~Scott Stratten /It's a lot like nuts and bolts-if the rider's nuts, the horse bolts! ~Nicholas Evans /IDIC-Infinite Diversity Infinite Combination/Sgt Esterhaus: Hey, let's be careful out there!/4000/ To succeed in life, you need three things: a wishbone, a backbone and a funnybone

JOYOFVGR

Report this Oct. 21 2010, 4:03 pm

Yay! It's a start. Thank you!

I like everybody, even the people I don't like. They make things interesting. ;) Trying to get into the Nexus? Use this link: http://s13.zetaboards.com/NexusTrek/index/

wissa

Report this Oct. 21 2010, 4:45 pm

Like us on Facebook Haters gotta hate

24thcenstfan

Report this Oct. 22 2010, 6:09 am

Thank you for making those changes. It makes it much easier to read the threads. The improvements are very much appreciated. Keep up the good work.

Join us @ => KEEP ON TREKKIN'

A Friendly Sci-Fi Community!

megan512

Report this Oct. 22 2010, 7:27 am

Thank you very much! We appreciate it!

Myn, Third Sentinel of
Aether

Report this Oct. 25 2010, 1:29 pm

I did notice the changes...  And I couldn't log in to my old account.  I had to make a new one...  Now I'm an Uber McNewbie.  I had over 2,000 posts, man!   I think.  I'm not entirely certain.  I had a lot though.

Oh!  And I'm not sure how to make my text green like I used to.

Also, when I type ": (" (but  without the space) I get this: ""  ... that's not a sad face, that's an angry face.

EVERYTHING IS ALL DIFFERENT!! O_o

Myn, Third Sentinel of
Aether

Report this Oct. 25 2010, 1:31 pm

... erm. My smilies aren't working. That's not cool.

Edit:  They be workin' now.

EVERYTHING IS ALL DIFFERENT!! O_o

grigori

Report this Oct. 25 2010, 4:49 pm

Thanks for the fixes.

But now I'm puzzled as to why entire threads have been deleted in the Enterprise Forum? is it impossible to delete a single offensive post, IF that's the reason they were deleted? (ScreenCaps Revisited and Your Favorite Images)

A lot of people contributed to them; I can't imagine ALL of us have offended.

Well...I'm here

DS9 GreenCruiser

Report this Oct. 25 2010, 5:18 pm

Yes its much better the way it is now maybe extend the length off the pages noe and but anchers on the pages that do be long so iff someone wants too go back to the top again they can and maybe the next page numbers and arrows at the top too . Also why do we seem to log out after only a little while atomatically I don,t mind iff I close the page then ye but iff I have just not used for a few mins and then find I am logged out and have too log in again that can be ANNOYING Please sort it .

Fire Disruptors

Ryssk

Report this Oct. 27 2010, 5:14 pm

tl;dr: Long post is long. That's teh way forums are, lulz.

Forums are where things can be discussed at length, JaydenJaneway, not just for little 140 character snippets like Twitter. That's just the way it's always been. But, perhaps there could be a field added to posts for those who don't have the patience to do a little reading? It could be titled "tl;dr", and a short, simple english version of the gist of the post could be in there. I've given an example with my post.

K_tigress

Report this Oct. 27 2010, 8:12 pm

Thanks a big bunch. "thumbs up" Liking where every thing is going fine.

He felt that his whole life was some kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it. -Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

Beccs_

POSTS: 41931

Report this Oct. 28 2010, 11:36 am

Well, this is a major improvement.  Kudos to admin.

LOCUTUS_CBS_ADMIN

GROUP: Moderators

Report this Oct. 29 2010, 10:23 am

A few more updates to these boards have been implemented this week.

One of which you may have noticed on the main page, the sections of "Most popular topics" and "Top Posters". This was introduced as a way to see recent activity and current topics.

Two other changes you may not have noticed, the first of which is an improved report tool. More options have been added as well as a comment box to elaborate on issues. The last change recently added is a more refined search engine for searching these forums.

We thank you for remaining patient while we continually update these forums.

Edit: The issue with smilies aswell as avatar images has been corrected aswell.

JOYOFVGR

Report this Oct. 30 2010, 10:24 am

Yay! Thanks Locutus and ST.com that's great!

Smiley