Who knows about the Cortical Stimulator?

Trekkie 12

Report this Oct. 08 2010, 3:25 pm

Okay, I need to know all you guys have to offer about cortical stimulators. I need this for a grade. Thank you ever so much.

wissa

Report this Oct. 08 2010, 7:11 pm

Like us on Facebook Haters gotta hate

basshunt1

Report this Oct. 08 2010, 8:08 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xqk0Kv1WN7E watch this vid its a really good one

Trekkie 12

Report this Nov. 07 2010, 5:39 am

Thanks...is there any way to cure cerebral palsy with it? (It's for a project called Future Cities 4000)

Pain is a thing of the mind. The mind can be controlled. -Spock

lostshaker

Report this Nov. 07 2010, 7:25 pm

Trekkie 12, what's the project specifically about?

Trekkie 12

Report this Nov. 09 2010, 4:24 pm

Future Cities 4000 is where you build a future city, mine is in 200 years, and this year the theme is a medical issue. I chose cerebral palsy. Now that I'm going on to the next level, I have to know more about the cortical stimulator. If you want more of the competition information, go to http://www.futurecity.org . I got by with my limited knowlege of it for the school level competition, but I really need to know exactly how it works now. I was thinking of using the cortical stimulator to regenerate the brain cells/connections, but I'm just not sure how Dr. Crusher does it... This is due in January, but I need to write an essay, city narritive, and presentaion. Thank you for your concern!!!

Pain is a thing of the mind. The mind can be controlled. -Spock

lostshaker

Report this Nov. 09 2010, 4:43 pm

Trekkie 12, I suggest visiting the science and technology thread. There's a post labled "pulse electro-magnetic frequency healing". My comment on that post may help further your research and provide you with material. If you've got any questions, I'll be around.

Trekkie 12

Report this Nov. 09 2010, 6:21 pm

Oh, thank you ever so much! This will be a great help! Live long and prosper!

Pain is a thing of the mind. The mind can be controlled. -Spock

Roboto

Report this Nov. 09 2010, 8:23 pm

Quote: Trekkie 12 @ Nov. 09 2010, 4:24 pm

This is an intriguing assignment... wishing you the best of luck. I am sure that you shall do splendidly.

Trekkie 12

Report this Nov. 10 2010, 5:56 am

Thank you, my friend. Do YOU know anything about the cortical stimulator? Any information would be very helpful. Live long and prosper. I shall endeavor to check this board often in case of any new information.

Pain is a thing of the mind. The mind can be controlled. -Spock

covertness

Report this Nov. 10 2010, 2:13 pm

I'd think that 200 years from now they would just re-code a person's DNA to get rid of any anomolies that might cause cerebral palsy. Probably won't take 200 years for that technology to reach such fruition though.

And no, I don't know anything about the cortical stimulator. The ST encyclopedia says it is a resuscitative device. Not sure how that would help a person with cerebral palsy.

Trekkie 12

Report this Nov. 11 2010, 3:32 pm

Yes. I have the encyclopedia, but it really doesn't shed much light on anything. I wanted to use the cortical stimulator because in Future Cities 4000, you have to explain all of the scientific principles behind EVERYTHING. It seemed like the most logical way to go. I was thinking, to help a person with cerebral palsy, that I could use the cortical stimulator to deliver presise magnetic fields to stimulate the micro-electric impulses of the brain.

Pain is a thing of the mind. The mind can be controlled. -Spock

covertness

Report this Nov. 12 2010, 4:47 am

Well, you could base your project on real science (such as DNA resequencing as I mentioned) or on fantasy science (ie your cortical stimulator). If you're dead set on the fantasy science, then make up the scientific explanation like the writers do.

Trekkie 12

Report this Nov. 14 2010, 9:21 am

Ok, thanks. Is there a way that I could integrate those 2 ideas together, maybe? Oh, and by the way, do you think that I could use Ben Franklin's lightning rod with bells idea for power? I would use a turbine/genorator to transform the energy. Is this possible?

Pain is a thing of the mind. The mind can be controlled. -Spock

Trekkie 12

Report this Nov. 19 2010, 6:25 am

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving, to all you other Trek fans! I still really need more cortical stimulator information. I found that maybe I can use a magnetic frequency of 423 on the human. This means that the part of the brain I want (cortical cortex) will respond to that frequency. Babies are about the same. Only a 1-5 difference. Do you think this could work?

Pain is a thing of the mind. The mind can be controlled. -Spock