would you all like to see this

admiraljoshhar

Report this Oct. 07 2010, 7:24 pm

I think an Ent tour online would be awesome, but would it be practical/possible?

"Violence is the last resort of the incompetant"

spock loves pi

Report this Oct. 08 2010, 3:38 pm

Oh, kind of like a Google-Earth street view thing. I think it would be really cool, but I think i'd be difficult and I don't know if the whole 3-D thing would work out. I know with Photoshop and other Adobe programs you can create a virtual tour online. Some people are working on one for my high school. But do you have the software capable to do it?

---Awesomness

Greetings. I am honored to become a member of this (awesome!) site. Live long and prosper.

2takesfrakes

Report this Nov. 08 2010, 6:34 pm

I don't dismiss TOS, but I'm completely
infatuated with this reboot. This new cast
and their adventures - including their ship -
is far more interesting to me, than the established
"canon" from the 1960's. No, I would not like to see it.
I'm sorry ... well .. not really.

admiraljoshhar

Report this Nov. 08 2010, 7:23 pm

i would, as stated, like to see it, though i know very little about what it would take to do so. for reference, i recomend the new Hayne's Star Trek manual.

"Violence is the last resort of the incompetant"

admiraljoshhar

Report this Nov. 08 2010, 7:23 pm

"Violence is the last resort of the incompetant"

truescot

Report this Nov. 09 2010, 1:53 am

heres the deal man, It is very possible to do BUT it would take a very large amount of man hours to do it properly. It would be the equivelant of designing a new game which takes designers, coders, quality control, project manager etc not to mention the hardware etc required to make and host the site.

All of this adds up to megabucks(we are talking a minimum figure of around a million) plus the continual maintenance/upgrades. 10,000 people visiting the site regularly would generate nothing towards a revenue stream in any way.

Also from what i see of the use of the forums here, there is not a very large following of star trek online,

Having worked in most of the positions above i understand quite well the amount of work required to make this feasable(without breaking copyright would be another thing)

truescot

Report this Nov. 10 2010, 10:01 am

i checked out the site on buzz and i gotta say its all looking very impressive so far, well done on teaching yourself as you go its not an easy thing to do i know I think you have maybe got to the difficult stage tho of getting all the details to work correctly which takes a horendous amount of time, I do like your chess board

in summary, this is a beautiful project you are doing which you are learning a lot from and have gained immesurably, just dont expect it to make you a millionaire(altho i sincerely hope it does) and be prepared like every other hobby this could take over your life