Your Own Star Trek Series

crusherfan3

Report this Oct. 01 2010, 6:56 am

I keep wishing they'll create another Star Trek series, so until they do let's play around with some ideas. If you could create and write your very own Star Trek series, what would it be about? Who would the characters be? Would it be about beloved characters we already know, or would it be an entirely new cast? What would it be called?

"I won't forget. I won't forget any of you." --Beverly Crusher, *Remember Me*

konarciq

Report this Oct. 01 2010, 8:47 am

LOL That´s probably the best answer!
I´ve got some ideas, too. But I think I´d rather try and work up the nerve to send them to CBS or something ;-)

2takesfrakes

Report this Oct. 01 2010, 11:44 am

"Risa Shore"
8 housemates spend their
summer on Risa - including
a Deltan Woman and an Orion
Slave Girl ...

crusherfan3

Report this Oct. 01 2010, 4:21 pm

Cool idea 2takesfrakes! Mine would probably be called "Star Trek: Serendipity". It would be set quite a long time after Nemesis, and it would be about the crew of a Federation Starship called (duh!) Serendipity. The captain of it would be the youngest captain in the history of Starfleet, yet the only reason he is even captain yet is because of a serendipitous accident... The rest is a little bit sketchy though lol.

But the first officer would be one quarter Vulcan, one quarter Romulan, one quarter Andorian, and one quarter Klingon, so she would have some major problems, with the personalities of each different race conflicting within her. She also doesn't really like the captain very much; she considers him to be much too immature (although by the end of the series they will have become pretty close friends).

The chief engineer would be a descendant of Geordi La Forge, and he would be trying to follow in the footsteps of Geordi, though he feels that he could never be as good.

The docter would be an obnoxious Ferengi, that no one really likes in the beginning. But by the end of the series, everyone has grown to love him... in a unique way.

There would also be an Ensign on the bridge that the young captain has known his whole life, but has just recently started having feelings for her. At first she doesn't know, but once she finds out somewhere in the middle of the series, she isn't sure if she feels the same. But by the end of the series, the two fall in love (of course! lol) Oh, and she is a descendant of the Crusher family.

So, I don't know; I think it would be kind of cool. =)

"I won't forget. I won't forget any of you." --Beverly Crusher, *Remember Me*

UNTRugby

Report this Oct. 01 2010, 4:41 pm

Quote: 2takesfrakes @ Oct. 01 2010, 11:44 am

"Risa Shore" 8 housemates spend their summer on Risa - including a Deltan Woman and an Orion Slave Girl ...

put it on showtime and air it about 3am and youve got a show

Toughgirl

Report this Oct. 01 2010, 4:56 pm

I think if I were to create another show it would definitely be set way, way into the future. Maybe 200 years after TNG/VOY. A little darker and edgier, an army of holographic soldiers on every federation ship, advanced weaponry, and a bloody cloaking device on the ship!! Why does everyone have a cloaking device but us?

UNTRugby

Report this Oct. 01 2010, 8:15 pm

Quote: Toughgirl @ Oct. 01 2010, 4:56 pm

A little darker and edgier ... and a bloody cloaking device on the ship!!

Have you seen DS9?

NomFeradii

Report this Oct. 01 2010, 10:36 pm

I am writing my own series.  lol.    Star Trek Temptations.  The voyages and adventures of the RS Temptations.

The Ferengi shall pay!!

Jim Kirk

Report this Oct. 02 2010, 5:38 am

How about this:

A young capatin who tends to shoot froim the hip, a first officer with a serious staright man attitude, a grouchy but competent doctor.  Make them exporers who encounter danger kind of like a wagon Train to the stars.

I am telling you this would work.

Jim Kirk

Kang - "Only a fool fights in a burning house"

johnd777

Report this Oct. 02 2010, 6:09 pm

STAR TREK Chrionicles

Set in a different era (rotating each week between three or four).

This week, Star Trek Insignia

It's the 25th Century and the Insignia is the Federation Starfleet class of the day

Beartrooper

Report this Oct. 02 2010, 8:55 pm

about my human captin rex and his crew of u.s.s tokyo i will make it a role play then write it then post it go to my topic at role plays and under u.s.s tokyo and put a post of a part u want to be

NomFeradii

Report this Oct. 02 2010, 9:52 pm

Cool looking ship Johnd.  Is that a picture or a model?

The Ferengi shall pay!!

crusherfan3

Report this Oct. 03 2010, 12:02 pm

That is an awesome ship Johnd777! I think you should totally send that in to CBS!

"I won't forget. I won't forget any of you." --Beverly Crusher, *Remember Me*

Jason222

Report this Oct. 03 2010, 12:55 pm

It take place  top sececr UFP research station working sector 31 us senser scan into parallels univerce better gain better weapon techology and better tantics. Were going place yesterday Enteprise univerce other Parallel univerces gain better militery techology study them. sensers that space station has can allow people view inside starship other parallel univerces.

Data Logan

Report this Oct. 04 2010, 7:51 pm

I'm not sure about characters, but I'd really like a show that took the franchise to a new level, really bringing a lot of previous things together.
Remember books like:
Federation (where we learn that the reason Zephram Cochrane ran off by himself as a old man had to do with First Contact and Picard and crew were the ones to eventually deal with it)
Q-Squared (where we learn that Q use to hang out with the entities from TOS And the Children Shall Lead and Dave of the Dove and that it was Q that infected Gary Mitchell in Where No Man Has Gone Before)
Vendetta (where we learn that the Domesday Machine was built to fight the Borg)
Avenger (where we learn that a Vulcan terrorist group has been plotting to destroy the Federation for centuries)
Sarek (where we learn that the Romulans had been undercover at Federation council sessions for over 60 years)
Unity (where we learn the Conspiracy bugs are actually related to the Trill and Kerl and are still trying to take over the Federation from the inside)

I like reading about things like that; real sweeping galaxy-changing things.
Maybe a show that reveals what's up with the alien race that Gary Seven worked for and what they are doing now, or who the Preservers really were/are.
What about the Metrons, or Organians, or First Federation? What happen to all the really advanced races? Too often, the Federation is only dealing with races about on par with them. Certainly the galaxy is full of more advanced races that just choose to not be known or get involved in our day-to-day affairs. At least until we are a little more ready. Well, I'd like to see us a little more ready.

I'd like big issues like Section 31 dealt with. And freedom of genetic engineering. (not that those relate, just stream-of-conscience thoughts here)

maybe a time period, not necessarily too far in the future from 2370s, when the Federation has regular access to all parts of the galaxy (via slipstream drive, etc) and has to deal with issues on a galactic scale vice just a quadrant scale.